Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCOM Enemy Unknown Swag

XCOM Enemy Unknown Swag

I have a question. Since 2K maintains an online store, is there are chance we will see some XCOM: Enemy Unknown swag make its way to the store once the game is released?

I would love to have the opportunity to add some XCOM related merchandise to my gaming loot shelf in our basement. I saw some of the patches and posters that have been released. I've purchased the console version of the game for my preorder.

Poke for future swag---->

Yes, "we" need (more) swag!

I'd say that things included with a special edition (like the patch) may not make it to the store. But posters and other items are fair game.

The store was started due to fan demand. It's never a given that a game will be represented in the store. Best advice I can give is for anyone interested in items like this to let 2K/Firaxis know. Reply here (don't bump your own thread, please), shoot them an e-mail, let them know at cons like PAX, send them a tweet--anything. Putting items in the store is a major hassle, so they'll only do it if they think there is more than a few dozen of use wanting stuff.

I'd buy posters, art books, additional patches--almost anything! How about tiny, replica weapons from the game? Like in 1:4 or 1:8 scale, so could put a few on your desk!
    Last edited by japester; 08-20-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    I'd say that things included with a special edition (like the patch) may not make it to the store. But posters and other items are fair game.

The store was started due to fan demand. It's never a given that a game will be represented in the store. Best advice I can give is for anyone interested in items like this to let 2K/Firaxis know. Reply here (don't bump your own thread, please), shoot them an e-mail, let them know at cons like PAX, shoot them a tweet--anything. Putting items in the store is a major hassle, so they'll only do it if they think there is more than a few dozen of use wanting stuff.

I'd buy posters, art books, additional patches--almost anything! How about tiny, replica weapons from the game? Like in 1:4 or 1:8 scale, so could put a few on your desk!
    "Let's see here...I'll take the full plasma set, the full laser set, the full human starting set, all of the armor mannequins, a few blaster bombs, a model Skyranger, a model Firestorm..."

Hehe, I can just see fans of the game blowing huge amounts of money on awesome XCOM swag to put on their office desks.

Quote Originally Posted by Almainyny View Post
    "Let's see here...I'll take the full plasma set, the full laser set, the full human starting set, all of the armor mannequins, a few blaster bombs, a model Skyranger, a model Firestorm..."

Hehe, I can just see fans of the game blowing huge amounts of money on awesome XCOM swag to put on their office desks.

Yes, I think there are plenty of people who are interested in buying some nice XCOM swag. Would be a nice business for 2K

I'd love an art book, dual sided poster (aliens lineup on one side, XCOM squad opposite side), XCOM keychain/pin, action figures, etc. I was still more than surprised as much as they talked about the action figure angle on the game that we didnt get a special release with two figures in each edition. I could see three different Xcom armor sets with weapons vs three differnt aliens and the only way you could get all six was to buy all three editions of the game.

I'd take a couple mini figures - was going to purchase the collectors edition if it had something along those lines...

I would buy a T-shirt or two.

Depending on what it is -- I might be interested. Maybe a cap with the XCOM logo. Not the symbol (the Vigilio Confido) -- just the words like you see http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/wallpaper_02.html.

Or a collectible mini's game! Like Halo Clix was. One of the few minis/point based games I was okay at. Beat my friends down in that consistently and got my hind end handed to me in WoW minis.

Looking at video games today, I'd imagine the aliens and a couple generic soldier die casts will be out.

A shirt or hoodie would be great. Posters also. I'd have to see some of the new rangers to see if I'd like a model of them and, they have to be larger size. I don't like small ones for some reason. The Normandy, from ME3 HUGELY disappointed me. It was way too small and didn't come in unbuilt version.

I think we need a launch day t-shirt. I'm a sucker for t-shirts in general, but if you make one for a special event and put a date on it its like a little bit of history. I'd buy the crap out of XCOM t-shirts!

Yes, I can't wait for 2k to start selling xcom stuff. I found this on ebay btw. http://www.ebay.nl/itm/XCOM-Patch-X-...item257602d259 Haven't seen that before.
    Last edited by John Sambal; 10-01-2012 at 05:38 AM.

I could see alien figurines all the way to nerf arrow shooting USB SHIVs on your office desks...OMG...you can play Xcom on your desk too!

They should get together with Razer for some custom mouse, keyboard, mousepads, and headsets.

I would totally buy a Sectoid corpse.

I'm definitely interested in XCOM: EU merch.

I'll cast my vote for this too: t-shirt(s) and baseball cap(s)

"Honey, this box from 2k games is shaking and making scratching noises. What did you order?"
    "A chryssalid egg. I thought it was a prop..."
    "I'll get the shotgun."

Gimme T-Shirts! Gimme Caps! Gimme 1:32 Scale Models! Gimme radiocontrolled Floaters and Cyberdisks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhab View Post
    I would buy a T-shirt or two.
    This would fit the bill quite nicely!

a range of cups/mugs with nice ingame aliens/soldiers/weapons/etc images would be nice to go in the stores. Could have many mugs which could mean much kerching for the many people that probably would want the full set.

The definition of "swag" has changed A LOT in the last decade. It used to mean...well...something no one wanted, I can say that.

Yes, I do need an XCom coffee mug, big enough to take a snoot of brandy as well.

I could So use XCOM Swag from shirts to Office Decor and posters. Iwould even have my Kids sporting the swag.

What.. have.. you done! With that ebay link! Dammit, now i spent about a hundred bucks on old X-COM versions that i didnt know exist, but are missing in my collection.

And i want that X-Com badge you linked. Argh!

Oh, another edition of enforcer i dont have yet; Wait, what? They made TFTD for PS1 as well?? *clicks buy button repeatedly*

So much for my monthly gaming budget -_-

- G

Edit:
    Ah, there also is a XCOM: UFO Defense box with an alternative cover... ngh...

I would like to see some xcom merchandise come out. If it's there I would be tempted...

A few action figures I would buy for sure. Both alien and soldiers.

Want: Vigilo Confido Patch. Vigilo Confido Cap. Vigilo Confido Workout Sweats.

Anything that looks like it would be worn by actual XCOM Operatives.

The green #2 sweater would be cool (or warm as winter approaches).

Actually that is an idea to use the patch from my SE box

Quote Originally Posted by telljer View Post
    The green #2 sweater would be cool (or warm as winter approaches).

Actually that is an idea to use the patch from my SE box
    I have one of those actually. ^_^

Free hookers and blow!

What about a figure from Figure prints (Like they did for WoW), of your best, Soldier (Longest survivor, or Hero of the Battle) with you favorite customized armor and face. Also their Rank, Name, and Nickname on the base, with mission and kill stats....

Mugs and tshirts with the XCOM logo and the 'vigilo confido' motto would be something that I'd definitely buy. I love the idea of the No. 2's sweater as well

I'm chiming in again, I want to buy a shirt!

I just put together a X-COM trucker hat over at zazzle.com

Got the badge

And a nice mint condition TFTD with the alternative cover (the clawy hand)

I'd also throw some money at nice merchandise. I'd probably buy a full xcom uniform if there was one -_- Need something to stitch the badges on!

- G

Since there are no action figures available (yet?), I recruited 2 of my Gears to do xcom duty.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83f1b955.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps58c9c245.jpg

Double post.
    Last edited by John Sambal; 10-02-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast