Thread: Want to see how useful your advisors are? Well you're not going to find it here.

Want to see how useful your advisors are? Well you're not going to find it here.

Yeah, but the idea of advisers is that they all have competing interests. If you want to focus on your economy, you would give her opinion more weight than you would the military adviser. Ultimately, the advisers are just there to aid your decision making, not tell you how you SHOULD be playing the game.

Apparently, my science advisor has no interests. It also appears my foreign advisor was left in the dark about my mapping of the globe.

Well you probably have all the techs, heh..

Your posts remind me of the civ fanatics forums..

I'm sure it's been said a billion times over, but....I would love to have back those CivII advisors. It's nice to have interaction like that (or what feels like interaction).

Quote Originally Posted by ejafus View Post
    I'm sure it's been said a billion times over, but....I would love to have back those CivII advisors. It's nice to have interaction like that (or what feels like interaction).
    elvis presley? hahahhaah

I second the civ 2 advisers... They were perfect. I used always check them just to see what they'd say or abuse me. Added another level of immersion to the game.

Is it ok if i disagree with you guys? I never played the game, but watched the youtube videos, and I feel awkward, just feels really awkward to have these guys act like fools..

9. Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hotdog View Post
    Science advisor has no advice for u at the moment

The same thing happend to me, few turns later he gaved me an advice:
    We are making xxx science with our xxx population, now that's efficiency.
    Not an real advice, but thanks anyway

No problem with disagreeing.
    And I agree, they seem ridiculous if watched like that, which I've done.
    But in the game they were a heck load of fun, and as Buller said perfectly, added another level of immersion to the game.

BTW: With the exception of shortly after first installing the game, I haven't used advisors. As soon as I realized what they were like (useless) I disabled them. In that way they remind me of the Simcity advisors (can't remember which version).

If you're talking about the pop-ups, yeah they were turned off after I've seen all of them. I occasionally consult the advisor screen to see relative military standings, but he wouldn't give them to me.