Thread: xcom mobile

xcom mobile

i think you guys should make an xcom enemy unknown port for mobile phones... i would easily pay up to 5 dollars for a sweet phone game... or if the game was free and u had to pay for quick upgrades or extra in game currency or wutever... anyway i think this is awesome and everyone will agree and you guys would make even more money!!

I think there may already be a thread about an iOS/Android XCOM game in buried in the depths of the XCOM section, but for now let's just move this thread to its proper section in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmushroom23 View Post
    ... anyway i think this is awesome and everyone will agree...
    How about NO?

it better show up on my ps vita before thoe damn phones

Troll or an Eejit?

Quote Originally Posted by nordoM View Post
    How about NO?
    Did he really receive a warning for this ? Or was the post modified ?

Let's please keep on topic guys. This thread is about the possibility of an XCOM game for Mobile Platforms, not about whether or not the OP is a troll (if you suspect as much feel free to report the post or PM a Moderator) or discussing Moderation (which is strictly against forum rules).

Thanks.

XCOM on a tiny phone screen?

A tablet version would be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by telljer View Post
    XCOM on a tiny phone screen?
    Now that you mention it... yeah that would be problematic.

all i am sayin is that if there was a way to work out movement, it really wouldnt b that hard to do the other features on a small screen. I think it would b best to saturate the heck out of the market and capitalize on the hype of the launch.. Ive never made any kind of game, phone or otherwise, so i dont no how easy it is to do...but i do know that there are a whole bunch of independent devs and there are millions of phone games, and if it wouldnt take too much time or resources, what would the producers have to lose? if they sell the game for 99 cents, im sure that a large portion of the people who preodered the game would buy it, and it might even encourage a few people to get it just to see how the general gameplay is, then maybe if they enjoy it, spend $60 on the game.. (turn based squad combat with global strategy mixed in is pretty new to consoles)... if they sold it for 3.99 then only die-hard fans would buy... I never played the original xcom, but have watched enough gameplay footage and read enough about it that i already pre-ordered it for xbox (i have a sweet gaming comp, but xbox is easier for me to play chillin on my couch, when i game on the comp i actually build a command center in my livingroom with my lazyboy n coffee table n it involves movin furniture around, and the girlfriend gets mad) anyway, ide love a demo, but i understand the "risks" (if the demo crappy, i wouldnt buy the game, happend to me for Space Marine, i canceled my preorder for it and i only bought the game when it was drastically cheaper) involved with that, so i think a phone game (no one expects a direct port, so they would be more forgiving and still might give the main game a chance) would be an easy (and lucrative) way to introduce the xcom gameplay into the mainstream.

but i would LOVE a demo for xbox please!!! i promise i wont cancel my pre order!!

so the last ill write about this since i know no one is reading this old thread anyway; but page 27 of gameinformer agrees with me...