Thread: Bioshock online?(uses ports and adderss for?)

Bioshock online?(uses ports and adderss for?)

Its not about activation its about playing the game, I had to set Kaversky to block it because I refuse to let anything use the net unless I know what it is, so what is it/why is it using the net when it has no update or MP system is this part of Securom protection(if so fine I am just asking WTF it is)?

It also nukes "after market" firewall programs like Peer Guardian I use it to block mal/ad/spy ware as well as snooping marketing IPs.

Any news on how far the patch is along?

Yes it's securom.

What/if it's doing anything is still very argumentative.

But you can play the game with no internet connection once it's auth'd. Which stops it doing anything.

But it still seems to "try" to access the net (at least for me and my firewall etc.) when i have it connected to my dsl router.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibbear View Post
    Yes it's securom.

What/if it's doing anything is still very argumentative.

But you can play the game with no internet connection once it's auth'd. Which stops it doing anything.

But it still seems to "try" to access the net (at least for me and my firewall etc.) when i have it connected to my dsl router.
    Mmm at least with steam I know its mostly statistical data and not all out spying it would be nice to know what tis doing, checking exe versions,checking the key vrs a list and such but I guess its securom and thus no body knows.