I am Russian resident, and and i pre-purchased Borderlands 2 prior 15 semptember 2012 on steam.
I made pre-purchase because i was ensured that game was not region locked and was a clean ROW (international) version, there was no warning about any limitations, which means there was no limitations and i paid for unlimited proper full version of game.
Game was listed in my steam as Borderlands 2 pre-purchase and everything was fine.
But 15 semptember 2012, my pre-purchased Borderlands 2 ROW without any limitations was converted into limited and region locked Borderlands 2 RU, and only 15 semtember 2012 warnings about limitations appeared on steam. This warning also does not cover entire list of limitation, only warns about language of game, and tells nothing about separated MP region, incompatibility with DLC and other limitations.
When i paid for game i was ensured by steam advertising that i paid for:
1) International version of game which includes english language files, and rest of language files listed on steam store page
2) International version of game which allows me to play online with any player from any part of world
3) International version of game that would be regulary updated at same time at any part of world
4) International version of game that is compatible with any separate DLC and DLC season pass
5) International version of game that does not have any limitations
15 semptember 2012, these warranties became violated and entire advertising became a real fraud, as now i have:
1) Russian version of game which includes only poor-quality russian language files
2) Russian version which allows me to play online only with another victims of this fraud - owners of same russian version, and this means i would not be able to play with people from rest of world
3) Russian version with separate registry which means possible separate delayed updates, separate achievements and rest of things
4) Russian version which is not even compatible with DLC Season pass, since it could be activated with ROW version only
5) Screwed Russian version which have a lot of suddenly appered limitations, which i would never buy if only i would be warned about these limitations.
Thats not a product i paid for, thats not an advertised product.