Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Russian Lockdown - 2K response in first post

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkerlion View Post
    How can we cancel preorder or get refunds?I mean I contacted on twitter the community manager and I'm waiting for the answer but just in case how can I get a refund from Gearbox/2k Games ?
    I assume you have pre-purchased the game on Steam? In this case, you need to contact Steam support here: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php. Please note that by Steam's rules, you can only get a refund before the game is released, which means you only have about two days to do it. For me, the refund took two days to be confirmed by Steam support.

I like how people talk about DIFFERENT PRICING, when in Baltic countries THERE IS NO DIFFERENT PRICING. We get Russian version for same price as people get worldwide version. On steam.

But, I'm glad there are other digital distribution sites,I bought premier club worldwide version and just gonna wait for the game to launch .

And thanks to everybody pitching in into the discussion and bringing awareness up, now there are posts on destructoid and rock paper shotgun, it should kick things off a bit.

I just hope the game is actually good enough for this drama to be worth it. Lol.

I have the retail version and it seems retail and preorder versions are the same on Steam...So either way I think 2k should be able to help me out..I mean I bought it retail not steam and there's no refund because the code was used on Steam so I need to contact 2k .That's what I was asking

I am from Russia and I had to create a refund ticket on steam ( After 24 hours no reply yet).
    Could you guys tell me what is the standard ETA for steam to reply on my request?

PS
    Nothing to add to Mitranim's post. All publishers should print this and read it like a mantra daily.

Hurm... I would be cautious about this. Until something is confirmed by a member of staff from 2K or Gearbox I would treat statements like this, especially the "something good is coming our way" post as something that's unconfirmed or a rumor.

(And no, I am not a member of staff for 2K or Gearbox - just like what was said last page.)

I'm sorry for my bad English.

If the situation with Borderlands 2 does not change after the final release will be subject to violation of Russian law. Not only Russian, and not only about trade. The hint is clear?

Appeal to publishers and their partners:
    From the pre-order is not going to give up. Waiting for a release date.
    Your statements, apologies and other documents I saved.
    And in the case of delivery of goods not conforming to the specs I will ask the proper authorities to further proceedings.

Hi, guys. As promised, here's an update on the situation:

2K Games and 1C Company have updated the PC versions of Borderlands 2 that are purchased from both retail locations and via digital distribution in Russia, the Baltic states, and CIS territories. Consumers in these countries will now receive a bundle that contains both the 1C Russian language version of Borderlands 2, as well as the 2K Games worldwide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Japanese) version of the game. This gives consumers in these countries the widest range of options to both choose their preferred language and play with their friends across the world.

Though the 1C and 2K versions do not support cross-version play, consumers can install both versions and have the option to play each. Additionally, Borderlands 2 Season Pass and DLC content purchased in these territories will contain this bundled format content. We thank customers for their feedback as we continue to work to provide the best products we can offer worldwide.
    Last edited by 2K David; 09-19-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Adding Japanese to list of languages.

Thank you for your response and for the timely understanding of the unpleasant situation in which you have set yourself.
    Regards!

P.S.
    I have say one more thing. This separation on the Russian version of the game and all the other like a disguised form of nationalism.
    In my humble opinion. All of your previous actions hint that you are not tried to hide it.
    This is not an accusation, but it may become so. One not initiated a lawsuit you have already lost.
    Just think about...
    Last edited by smart_lw; 09-19-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks! It's great!

I was really looking forward to the final word on the issue, but I would never imagine it resolving like this.

I am now officially in love with 2K.

Yay! Now thas is really cool! I'm glad you heard us, 2k! I belived in you till last moment)

Thank you, finally fixed the issue atleast here in estonia, hopefully you guys now realize that estonia is part of EU and we eventually will have option to buy other 2K related games in steam aswell , be it future releases or games already released.

Fine, but in the Steam in the list of games I have Borderlands 2 RU, how do I get the normal version of the game since I pre ordered Borderlands 2, not Borderlands 2 RU?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonKast View Post
    Fine, but in the Steam in the list of games I have Borderlands 2 RU, how do I get the normal version of the game since I pre ordered Borderlands 2, not Borderlands 2 RU?
    The WW version will be added to your library as soon as the game launches. Look up the game's Steam Store page, all the details are there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K David View Post
    2K Games and 1C Company have updated the PC versions of Borderlands 2 that are purchased from both retail locations and via digital distribution in Russia, the Baltic states, and CIS territories. Consumers in these countries will now receive a bundle that contains both the 1C Russian language version of Borderlands 2, as well as the 2K Games worldwide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Japanese) version of the game.
    Well done, 2K games. There's a solution with class. **applause**

-therewassometextnowitsdeleted-
    Last edited by Mancubus; 09-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by md2501 View Post
    The WW version will be added to your library as soon as the game launches. Look up the game's Steam Store page, all the details are there.
    I hope so, because on the page with the game I have been told that this game is not in my collection.

out of curiosity,what causes the diferent release dates? there are only random speculations by people but i would really like to hear official response to that.
    also the idea of selling region locked version with low price in some areas and the non region locked full price version next to it for people who would like to get full version still seems to be most valid way of dealing with these issues and does not limit the consumer free choice (also more money for you) seems like a win-win

2K Games and 1C Company have updated the PC versions of Borderlands 2 that are purchased from both retail locations and via digital distribution in Russia, the Baltic states, and CIS territories. Consumers in these countries will now receive a bundle that contains both the 1C Russian language version of Borderlands 2, as well as the 2K Games worldwide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Japanese) version of the game. This gives consumers in these countries the widest range of options to both choose their preferred language and play with their friends across the world.
    Wow, that's an awesome solution to this issue! Thanks for listening to your customers!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by werty15 View Post
    out of curiosity,what causes the diferent release dates? there are only random speculations by people but i would really like to hear official response to that.
    also the idea of selling region locked version with low price in some areas and the non region locked full price version next to it for people who would like to get full version still seems to be most valid way of dealing with these issues and does not limit the consumer free choice (also more money for you) seems like a win-win
    Regarding #1: I have always assumed that publishers tie digital release dates to the days when retail stores are ready to start selling disks. Delays in Europe (usually several days later than US) could be caused either by extra delivery time of game disks from the US (unless they are manufactured in Europe, which seems more likely), or by extra efforts associated with country fragmentation. However, this is totally speculative on my part. I would like to know a correct answer myself. Or, it would be even better if the publishers finally embraced the digital reality and eschewed superfluous restrictions.

Regarding #2: In my opinion, the best, and the most fair, course of action is to:

• Publish onle one version of the game: worldwide and multilingual
    • Sell it for regional prices. Different regions have different wages and living costs, and digital prices should reflect that. It's more profitable for the publisher if the price finds the "sweet spot", which varies between regions.
    • Make it technically difficult for customers to re-sell products bought in lower-price regions. The most realistic solution I can come up with is to:
      1. Make keys included in physical retail boxes regionally locked (I assume this is where the cheap keys for re-selling are coming from);
      2. Make sure that "standard" digital purchases don't contain any information on game activation keys and are tied directly to the buyer's account (e.g. Steam account);
      3. Make purchasing the game through digital services as a gift to other person require you to pay the price in that person's region.

This scenario is, in a sense, more "fair" than offering different price points for different languages, because it doesn't "punish" people for preferring a certain language, doesn't create compatibility problems, and most importantly, completely solves the problem of re-selling of cheap versions.

The other solution I previously mentioned (offering a worldwide version for a higher price) seems to be technically more feasible in short run, and it's infinitely better than no options at all. But it doesn't solve the problem of re-selling, which is why I would love to see the publishers to adopt the ^ model and let us forget this nightmare once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitranim View Post
    Regarding #1: I have always assumed that publishers tie digital release dates to the days when retail stores are ready to start selling disks. Delays in Europe (usually several days later than US) could be caused either by extra delivery time of game disks from the US (unless they are manufactured in Europe, which seems more likely), or by extra efforts associated with country fragmentation. However, this is totally speculative on my part. I would like to know a correct answer myself. Or, it would be even better if the publishers finally embraced the digital reality and eschewed superfluous restrictions.

Regarding #2: In my opinion, the best, and the most fair, course of action is to:

• Publish onle one version of the game: worldwide and multilingual
    • Sell it for regional prices. Different regions have different wages and living costs, and digital prices should reflect that. It's more profitable for the publisher if the price finds the "sweet spot", which varies between regions.
    • Make it technically difficult for customers to re-sell products bought in lower-price regions. The most realistic solution I can come up with is to:
      1. Make keys included in physical retail boxes regionally locked (I assume this is where the cheap keys for re-selling are coming from);
      2. Make sure that "standard" digital purchases don't contain any information on game activation keys and are tied directly to the buyer's account (e.g. Steam account);
      3. Make purchasing the game through digital services as a gift to other person require you to pay the price in that person's region.

This scenario is, in a sense, more "fair" than offering different price points for different languages, because it doesn't "punish" people for preferring a certain language, doesn't create compatibility problems, and most importantly, completely solves the problem of re-selling of cheap versions.

The other solution I previously mentioned (offering a worldwide version for a higher price) seems to be technically more feasible in short run, and it's infinitely better than no options at all. But it doesn't solve the problem of re-selling, which is why I would love to see the publishers to adopt the ^ model and let us forget this nightmare once and for all.
    well thats why im saying(and im not only one its been pointed out many times everywhere) selling a worldwide version with a set price like in europe for example everywhere, and then aditional localized versions alongside,
    so lets take russia for example
    people who can speak english and prefer their game in original language could buy it without any lockdown for it because pricing is same everywhere, or they would have option to buy the cheaper version that has limitations to the language and it would be locked to that region completely
    in short a single version with no lockdown of any sorts with a single price and other version that does not work anywhere else and is restricted with language but is cheaper
    hovever i do not support spliting players by regions in games, i know alot of good people from all over the world and not being able to play some games with some of them is really annoying

^ @werty15: Actually, my post was aimed at proposing a better solution than the one you are mentioning (offering a WW version at a higher price). I stated it specifically at the end. However, for some publishers (such as EA) any of these moves would be a big step forward.
    Last edited by Mitranim; 09-20-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: correction

Hi, guys. As promised, here's an update on the situation:

Was that your evil plan all along? To enforce panic in the last-second of preorder time to force people to buy more expensive versions, and then screw them up by doing... this?
    Honestly, who in the world needs that castrated RU version when they have WW version too?

Thank you, guys at 2K!

Kudos to 2K for the resolution, but I'm confused as to why there was a restriction at all, if they're prepared to do this now...

Just installed Borderlands 2 (not RU variant)
    And it's still not international, but even worse - in place of letters I see squares.

It seems like it is not international version, but ugly fixed RU. In localization files for INT I can see russain text.
    Is it some sort of glitch or language issue is not actually fixed?

Game uses the same saves and steamcloud to both versions, steam achievements counting is separately to ru and row it's some absurd.
    One time cloud replaced save files bеtween i switched versions and i have lost the 2-nd golden key(bonus or bug(?) for registration in SHIFT).
    Season pass is still(?) absent in ru version properties.
    In choose character menu i have seen non cirylic symbols like "9|" and "|-|". Shame on 1C for this hack...facepalm((((
    Many of us have to use a third-party translation even for the non pirate(steam) version of original Borderlands because the normal translation from 1C we have not seen yet. What you know about?
    example: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3084150
    I can tell about these bugs all day. The release date is over. It is not professional.
    Just do something!

I need this "Russian" version from 1C is not more expensive than your "democracy" to the Iraqi people
    After that you will not be surprised that the Russians and others would you eat with guts for this act.

Is not it just add to the game Russian subtitles? In recent years it seems that 1C too greedy and lazy to do the voiceovers. Yes, translate them get is better as usual but it is a pleasant exception, believe me. We do not need the converted texture with uniform inscriptions on the walls, only a simple translation of the text in dialogs and menus. Excuse me, but the words on the walls like dick and the like, we are able to translate from English alone.
    I understand that after this scandal you no longer want to pay nothing. But if you do not do now that I'm talking about, the problems will only be more. Combine version, especially since all the translate works is already done.
    Spare us and yourself a headache in the near future.

This is just my humble opinion, but I'm sure would agree with me tens of thousands or more.
    ...and sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by smart_lw; 09-21-2012 at 09:36 PM.

XCOM RU is region locked, they changed it to locked this evening, great.
    Thanks again 2K

Quote Originally Posted by xruiner89 View Post
    XCOM RU is region locked, they changed it to locked this evening, great.
    Thanks again 2K
    This sounds alarming. Which country do you reside in? I live in Russia, and I don't have this problem myself (not yet anyway). Checked my pre-purchases for XCOM and Dishonored today, and they seem fine.

Borderlands2 has been re-locked again, all new purchases/activations get the Russian version only and has no access to English (or other languages), I guess 2k just waited for the press heat to die down then simply region locked it again. Utterly scummy behaviour IMO.

This is actually strange. It sounds like something accidently went out when it wasn't supposed to. I'm going to pass this along to the CM's and see if they can get something looked in to for this.

My copy of Borderlands 2 on Steam (along with other 2K games) is fine for now. Location: Russia, Moscow. I'll post if anything goes wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitranim View Post
    My copy of Borderlands 2 on Steam (along with other 2K games) is fine for now. Location: Russia, Moscow. I'll post if anything goes wrong though.
    Yep so is mine, they're fine if you activated within I guess the first week or so of release you get "Borderlands 2 RU" and "Borderlands 2" in your steam library, people who purchased the RU version but never activated it or people buying the RU version now are finding it's only the Russian language version not the "ROW" version.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Yep so is mine, they're fine if you activated within I guess the first week or so of release you get "Borderlands 2 RU" and "Borderlands 2" in your steam library, people who purchased the RU version but never activated it or people buying the RU version now are finding it's only the Russian language version not the "ROW" version.
    So, you're saying that any new purchases and activations from within the victimized region (Russia, CIS, Baltic) are RU-only again? This sounds atrocious. But, I think it might be not intentional. The Steam store page for Borderlands 2 doesn't have a notice that the user is going to only receive RU version, as it did during the lockdown. What's the source for the info about new buyers being locked out of the WW version?

Russian online store Cddiski for one as well as a few online forums.

Thumbs down

Though the 1C and 2K versions do not support cross-version play, consumers can install both versions and have the option to play each. Additionally, Borderlands 2 Season Pass and DLC content purchased in these territories will contain this bundled format content. We thank customers for their feedback as we continue to work to provide the best products we can offer worldwide.
    This is racism to Rissian Federation, Baltic states and CIS. Why 2k can't support cross-version play? I want to play with my european and russian friends at the same time! I'm disappointed in this company. If you do so in future you will receive a large number of pirates downloads. Russian Federation - 143,0 million people, you lose your profit. =(
    Last edited by Playk; 10-28-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Despite what happened with Borderlands 2 at launch it seems that the trend continues: region-locked DLCs. Still awaiting final reply from 2K support...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234