Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo Editor I just Made

Demo Editor I just Made

here you go guys demo editor ver 1.1 will be looking into more but somthing to play with

need dot net 4.5 and latest windows installer

http://tinyurl.com/8zyny2g

have fun

Please Remeber to Run As Admin

Nice Little Video Demo Spector Just Made
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHR17qpyMRE

Well Guys we are now officiallt Infamous
    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/xcom-ene...1226279p1.html
    Last edited by DHX; 10-03-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: url update

Nice, thanks. (No virus detected by Trend Micro, for those who are cautious)

ive tested it but list any issues please its kinda alpha/beta

You should add a spoiler warning in the list of enemies.

Where do you place the editor?

Edit: Woops, apparently I still had .NET 4.0. So much for being a CS/Game Design major.

Uhm, does it find the game directory by itself? I haven't installed STEAM in the default location, you see.

yeah it does and you know there will be spoilers if your editing run from anyware

Very nice! Not sure what options are supposed to work, but choosing cyberdisk, drone, chrysalid (and 6 person squad) managed to freeze in the tutorial when the first alien is revealed. Maybe it requires sectoids first?

If we figure out which options are valid, a randomizer (that doesn't tell you what it chose) could be fun. It would add suspense and a new tactical element.

list of what otion you chose and exactly when how it crashed

I haven't had a chance to re-play it yet, but I'm fairly sure it was, in order, Cyberdiscs, Drones, Chryssalids, Skyranger Capacity: 6, Impossible. It got stuck in the first tutorial mission, right after the 'reveal', and the first alien was moving in the lower left corner. The alien never moved. The game was 'running' but the action wasn't moving forward and I couldn't interact.

think it may be a drone issue or an flying issue will have another look

It only took 24 hours to crack the demos capabilities and program it. Gotta love those tech-junkies!

Too right, techies ftw!

Daaaaaymn. Not much left of the building at the end lol...Mutons are a little crazy with their point blank GRENADES.

I lost four squadies to one grenade. That'll take some getting used to. Do NOT bunch up, they will punish you for it.

I removed the flying units, and went back to sectoids for the first choice and it seems to be happy. I suspect the first choice needs to be a non-flying unit at least. Dunno if non-sectoids would work or not, we can play with that later.

Might I suggest a 'restore to defaults' option? And perhaps an apply that doesn't quit the app?

Excellent program though, great work.

yer, what this editor needs now is to remove the first scripted mission, and out fit ur own ppl with ghost armor more hp ect.

I did see in some ini file what seemed to be the order of missions and various things like that. And it had the first mission listed as first (naturally), but I guess once could change it so the second mission comes first. Can't remember where it was now though.

Does anyone know how to assign an icon to a program (or, for that matter, how to lift an icon from another program)? I haven't had to do it for a couple versions of Windows, but I'd like to snag the XCom demo icon and stick it on this program, because I think it's going to be something I use a lot in the next couple of weeks, and I'd like to have it on my desktop looking pretty.

Just set up for Classic Mode. Muton Commanders, Cyberdiscs, and Chryssalids.

Just had the most epic battle ever against 2 sectiods, 2 muton bersekers and 2 cyberdiscs on classic difficulty.

Thank you for this lovely little application!

Muton Commanders did not spawn, still had Sectoids there.

Cyberdiscs frelling owned my squad.

Also, noticed something new. One of the Cyberdiscs paused and spun over one of the green-encased human bodies on the map for a turn, and glowed green while doing so. Not sure why, or what it means.

Here's a tip, don't put Chrysalids as the first enemy if you hope to keep Mr. Argentinian alive.

Quote Originally Posted by cowfish13 View Post
    Here's a tip, don't put Chrysalids as the first enemy if you hope to keep Mr. Argentinian alive.
    Haha that sounds rough, must give that a go!

I keep getting this message whenever I try to save the demo editor:

Any idea on what's happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by DHX View Post
    here you go guys demo editor ver 1.0 will be looking into more but somthing to play with

need dot net 4.5 and latest windows installer

http://db.tt/ebDLuSvZ

have fun
    Brilliant piece of work. Having a lot of fun playing against different enemies. Berserkers are truly nasty.

is any way to get a few maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumajin View Post
    It only took 24 hours to crack the demos capabilities and program it. Gotta love those tech-junkies!
    Hopefully we can fix the UI too.

Just got done with doing 2 Mutons then 2 crysalids then 2 cyberdisks on classic difficulty ... that was rough but fun. I can say that felt like X-COM.

People worry too much because the demo was on easy mode. Play classic/iron man and I can guarantee you will feel dread.

27. Thumbs up don't worry, be happy ;)

Quote Originally Posted by xAlex79 View Post
    JPeople worry too much because the demo was on easy mode. Play classic/iron man and I can guarantee you will feel dread.
    Yes, that's PURE TRUE! Very nice Game awaiting for us!

DHX, Thanks for making/releasing this!

Should this thread be stickied? With a Spoiler alert to boot?

Quote Originally Posted by SayuriUliana View Post
    I keep getting this message whenever I try to save the demo editor:

Any idea on what's happening here?
    did you run the demo yet iits looking for autocreated files

also muton commanders dont work because they are a variant of muton and have no specific model etc. will remove in next build

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedNinja View Post
    DHX, Thanks for making/releasing this!
    your welcome just hope i didnt anoy anyone at 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by xAlex79 View Post
    People worry too much because the demo was on easy mode. Play classic/iron man and I can guarantee you will feel dread.
    QFT

THe biggest failing of the demo is certianly the inability to change difficulty. Classic and Impossible both feel far more like XCOM, easy etc are just far,far,far,far too easy

Impossible is the bomb. I lost 4 out of 6 operatives versus Zombies, Chrysalids, and Thinmen (I thought I changed these to something else). The Chrys made one guy into a zombie without me noticing. That zombie killed two operatives on his turn. Next time I'll try some tougher aliens.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by yuneeks View Post
    Impossible is the bomb. I lost 4 out of 6 operatives versus Zombies, Chrysalids, and Thinmen (I thought I changed these to something else). The Chrys made one guy into a zombie without me noticing. That zombie killed two operatives on his turn. Next time I'll try some tougher aliens.

Thank you.
    happy to help working on skipping scripted level now, its kinda working but when it loads there are nor textures and its really screwwy

Thanks for the Editor:
    Just had a blast fighting 2 Mutons, 2 Cyberdisks and 2 Muton Berserks (hunched in the small house) on classic.
    I was on retreatfight the whole time and actually lost my heavy (first contact) and my support (cyberdisk grenades).

Now If only I could skip the tutorial mission and directly proceed to the second mission on demo start

Quote Originally Posted by DHX View Post
    happy to help working on skipping scripted level now, its kinda working but when it loads there are nor textures and its really screwwy
    Oh that would rock! Other than that finding a way to have the demo not end after the last mission would be awesome, just to look around in the base or whatever.

ok im done with messing around with maps maybe someone else can have a go but here's what i know so far.

1, its definatly XComMaps.ini
    2, it appears to load maps by DisplayName

just hit a wall and want to do somthing else.

Could anybody list what I can change with the editor?

Dave thanks for hooking this up. I was checking the stream comments and saw you had thrown this up. Very sweet dude.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast