Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCOM T-Shirt

XCOM T-Shirt

Saw Jake Soloman during his undercover video ... question. Where does one buy a Tshirt like the one he was wearing?

isn't it in the special boxed edition?

Good question. The only official shirts were apparently given away at conferences like PAX. 2K/Firaxis probably keeps some on hand but I doubt they're simply handed out to whomever asks. If they are smart, they'll start a swag shop at the main XCom site and sell a million of them.

I would spend money on one. Just saying, 2K should start a side business in swag.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyRighty View Post
    isn't it in the special boxed edition?
    "Includes the following exclusive items:

Fold out poster of the XCOM base.

Art book detailing the conceptual journey of re-imagining the classic.

Patch of the XCOM "Vigilo/Confido" insignia.

Digital bonus items including multi-monitor desktops, soundtrack, and more.

In-store retail purchases only. Not available as digital download."

From the XCom site.

I live in Md close to Firaxis home base. Maybe if I drive over and sit outside begging for a while someone will take pity on me and come out and throw a shirt at me to make me go away.

Quote Originally Posted by DFievel View Post
    I live in Md close to Firaxis home base. Maybe if I drive over and sit outside begging for a while someone will take pity on me and come out and throw a shirt at me to make me go away.
    It's worth a try...

I know there's very localized demand for these from around here... but it's a very niche item. Never hurts to hope that they'll make them available at some stage, though.

I own a shirt like that. My girlfriend's cousins got it from the san deigo comicon.

Those shirts need to be on sale - I'd get one.

Yeah I think that we should be bugging 2K for all sorts of merchandise.

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...OM-Merchandise

Someone had a picture of a pre-order box, that had a T-Shirt in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DFievel View Post
    Haha, I'll join you. I also live in MD.

Thing is, there's 628 people apparently looking at this forum right now. There's been a few threads on the same subject as this and as you can see they never really grab very many people's attention. Refer to that poll - only 50 responders and never even made it to 2 pages.

Please forgive me for playing the devil's advocate here (I'd LOVE to see a range of XCOM merch available - you hear me, 2k and Firaxis marketing guys!?) but I think they need to see a LOT more of a demonstrated demand for gear before they'd consider making it available. It's really down to the 628 people watching. Pipe up and say if you want this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyranger View Post
    Pipe up and say if you want this stuff!
    "I want this stuff!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garm View Post
    Someone had a picture of a pre-order box, that had a T-Shirt in it.
    Maybe so, but the official site doesn't say anything about it being in the special edition.

Stuff the T-Shirt. Replica full-body armor now!

Look they have already had the shirts made just offer them to the public.

Thing is, there's 628 people apparently looking at this forum right now. There's been a few threads on the same subject as this and as you can see they never really grab very many people's attention. Refer to that poll - only 50 responders and never even made it to 2 pages.

Please forgive me for playing the devil's advocate here (I'd LOVE to see a range of XCOM merch available - you hear me, 2k and Firaxis marketing guys!?) but I think they need to see a LOT more of a demonstrated demand for gear before they'd consider making it available. It's really down to the 628 people watching. Pipe up and say if you want this stuff!
    You realize that only a very small percentage of players who play a game ever go on the forums right?

I got 3 pin badges, a muton, the vigilo confido and xcom. From a very nice lady at euro gamer. They are awesome. Plus A t shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillhome View Post
    You realize that only a very small percentage of players who play a game ever go on the forums right?
    Of course I do. But if even those people can't be bothered to get amped about something... you see where I'm coming from?

Of course I do. But if even those people can't be bothered to get amped about something... you see where I'm coming from?
    I would buy one of those shirts in a second! How about a windbreaker? Colors?

I'm actually plotting of making my own...
    Not a "showy" alien pictured shirt, but a "operative" shirt.
    Logo, name, rank, nation.. something like that
    :P

Maybe for some other gear, but the shirt design is obviously already done. Doubt they'd be losing money by just having more made.

I'd pay for a shirt, and I voted in that poll. After seeing Jake going around trying to sell the game while wearing merchandise, I got ideas.

I want Ghost Armor with Sniper Plasma Rifle for holloween, and a T-shirt!

ohh, ohh I want one

There is a Preorder Box which includes a free T-Shirt for the same price as the Steam digital DL. I have Seen this one only in Germany at the Media Markt Stores so far.

...I already got me one of those via ebay as they dont have that Box in Austria.

We Aussies also get a shirt option with JB Hifi purchase
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/...r-bonus/668584

Hopefully it's got some print work on the back

I would shell out 20$ for that shirt, and another 20$ for the same logo on a hat...

FYI, that is a different shirt. The convention shirt has the logo centered, with the title on the back. Not a big deal with the logo moved over, but the back may be blank.

Yep and I want a red flag with the yellow/golden Vigilo/Confido logo like you can see in the HQ or the OTS

We need more XCOM merchandise

I still wanna get that "Keep Calm and Exit the Skyranger" shirt idea from the meme thread.

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    FYI, that is a different shirt. The convention shirt has the logo centered, with the title on the back. Not a big deal with the logo moved over, but the back may be blank.
    The one I have has the shield over the left side of the chest, and has the XCOM logo on the back, so I'm guessing that's the standard for those designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottgun View Post
    Stuff the T-Shirt. Replica full-body armor now!
    LOL nice the more the better

*sob
    Want...
    *sob

Quote Originally Posted by Ojin View Post
    The one I have has the shield over the left side of the chest, and has the XCOM logo on the back, so I'm guessing that's the standard for those designs.
    Cool. Where did you get it? An event held outside the US?

Cool. Where did you get it? An event held outside the US?
    (nods) I got it at the Atomic preview event in Sydney, along with a very cool keyring- the XCOM shield in embossed brass-like metal, which now has pride of place, attached to my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojin View Post
    (nods) I got it at the Atomic preview event in Sydney, along with a very cool keyring- the XCOM shield in embossed brass-like metal, which now has pride of place, attached to my wallet.
    I've been following you..... I know you live in Sydney..... I will find you.... And I will take your keyring.....

There is the XCOM Print along with 2K Logo on the Back, and the XCOM Patch is in the middle not on right side. Also they have an Firaxis Logo on the right arm. Not the Original PAX Giveaway Shirt, but better this than nothing.

Why can't I just throw my money into my screen and pick that shirt up out of it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast