Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Beast of America" Trailer is now live!

Finally a new trailer, it also looks like they removed the cleavage from Elizabeth, when she is falling from the sky she is wearing a top covering up her breasts, I hope this stays because cleavage ruins a game. I also noticed an M1 garand in the trailer and a beach, I wonder what the ocean on the beach will look like.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Irrational, you bastards, why do you do this to me? just when I was starting to think that February would be here before I know it you show me this trailer and ignite my lust all over again and now I know it will be FOREVER till February

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH THE WAIT FOR THIS GAME IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AttiC View Post
    I noticed that your hands get wounded,with blood and scars when you use Electro Bolt,a trivial,but at the same time,neat little detail.Also,loved the locations and scenarios shown in the trailer,just magnificent.
    The vigors do indeed seem quite a bit more brutal than the plasmids did.
    http://i.imgur.com/XJUKE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/uL4lz.png
    http://i.imgur.com/FS3I3.jpg

Absolutely fantastic trailer! I knew it would be good. I agree Kirk, they do look brutal, lot's of attention to detail on it. I think exploring Columbia is going to be a whole lot of fun. Also seeing the city degenerate as a result of Booker & Elizabeth will be very interesting. I'm with you Vim, I can't wait for this. Thanks again IG for delivering!

5. Thumbs up

That was so beautiful.

Looks epic, can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by DaRealJohnGalt View Post
    Finally a new trailer, it also looks like they removed the cleavage from Elizabeth, when she is falling from the sky she is wearing a top covering up her breasts, I hope this stays because cleavage ruins a game. I also noticed an M1 garand in the trailer and a beach, I wonder what the ocean on the beach will look like.
    actually for a split second you can see her in the cleavage outfit again, but that begs the question, when does she get the chance to change her clothes?

anyway words can not describe how excited for this game I am, the wait for Feb is going to be TORTURE

I have so many questions, first off is, judging by the first part of the trailer will we get to explore Columbia while everything is normal for a good part of the game? I hope so because I absolutely love the idea of getting to "enjoy" Columbia before the ☺☺☺☺ hits the fan

Ah, my good Lord, my mind is filled with awesome spoilers!

That was an excellent trailer! So, we got Elizabeth, Skylines and Handyman? (I am not sure about the last since we also saw other unseen enemies)

Edit: Almost forgot to say, Booker no longer has a jacket put on. I liked seeing his clothes on the arms. But he seems not to be using it even during the rain. Maybe it's while the game is getting polished.

We've seen cover art that has little to do with a game before, so why not anachronistic music in a trailer? (soon covers will be a thing of the past)

A bit too ADHD - even for a remote flipper like me.

--------

Second watching --- yes the trailer 'music' would sound alien to anyone of that era.

Lots of action compressed into seconds (its a trailer after all, and they dont usually show you the dull bits of the game).

Will have to look at it in stop frame next.

------------

Heh, they have the phony optical lens internal reflection artifacts turned on for some of the scenes (ie- 0:35). Noone tell the effects guys that this is supposed to be from a humans viewpoint?? Footage from the operating game engine ?? Then someones gots some 'splainin to do.

The icecream shop's little flying things are a decoration on a rotating fan (no security flybots) - the white glowing icecream looks good (Now With Extra Radium!!!).

Place looks kinda nice, until Booker starts shooting it up.

0:41 if you are going to pretend balloons are being used, at least bother to learn how balloons behave.

Winces at "Skyline Jumpers Syndrome" sound of dislocating shoulder (and wrist and elboe an/or fingers being torn from a hand) and the stains that the streetsweepers will swear at having to clean up if the insane jumper misses and falls that 500 feet to the level below....

Giant Upholstery brads holding something (Elizabeth is falling from) together - very stylish (and they say that those decorative arts degrees are not good for anything ...) And big bird thingee has football stitches on his garment - interesting.

Now I see why the 'skyhook' contraption has that 3 sided rotating hook thingee on it - more to facilitate grinding up faces than to facilitate hooking a cable(or whatever that weird skyline mechanism employs).

Hmm, lotsa stormtroopers in red booties - they have to make (some of) the targets a bit less human there ???

As expected, Bookers guns do alot more damage than all the others firing at him do (what good are the stormtrooper suits if they dont offer more protection ??? twist ? some kind of soul-less mutants inside ??)

----------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eo766iZZ0c abraham lincoln: vampire hunter was more amusing (didnt know they were already making that into a movie)....
    Last edited by watchman; 10-21-2012 at 09:42 AM.

I just keep watching the trailer over and over and over, I find it hard to stop

ohhh the dirty, nasty things I would do to get my hands on this game now

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    Looks more like an "A":
    http://i.imgur.com/4ebxg.png
    Oh sorry,that's actually and 'A'.Watched the trailer without pausing,so it was hard to tell what it really is.Trying to think what this 'A' can have to do with the world,characters or story,but I can't imagine anything at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AttiC View Post
    Oh sorry,that's actually and 'A'.Watched the trailer without pausing,so it was hard to tell what it really is.Trying to think what this 'A' can have to do with the world,characters or story,but I can't imagine anything at all right now.
    That got me thinking...this part of the trailer is really heavy on references from Bioshock. The scar in the hand instead of the tatoo, the lighthouse and Booker opening the briefcase and handling the gun, reminded me of Jack in the airplane opening the box with the gun..

Quote Originally Posted by vsharres View Post
    That got me thinking...this part of the trailer is really heavy on references from Bioshock. The scar in the hand instead of the tatoo, the lighthouse and Booker opening the briefcase and handling the gun, reminded me of Jack in the airplane opening the box with the gun..
    Yep,pretty much the same with me,that scene got me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by vsharres View Post
    That was the first thing which struck me when watching the beginning of the trailer was the beginning of Bioshock and Jack on the airplane very similar. Awesome trailer and some interesting new looking enemies, the guy with a coffin strapped to his back, made do a quick rewind to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    That was the first thing which struck me when watching the beginning of the trailer was the beginning of Bioshock and Jack on the airplane very similar. Awesome trailer and some interesting new looking enemies, the guy with a coffin strapped to his back, made do a quick rewind to see that again.
    Waits for the 'Yes Elizabeth, I AM your real Father !! ..." moment (bets??) ....

Looks too bright and cheerie to be 200 miles west of Iceland though....

Wow the game looks AH-MAZING... Thank you so much Irrational all your hours of hard work are very very appreciated.

Hopefully this time we won't have people whining about the song lyrics in the trailer, but you never know. (jk) Stopped by the Gamestop and pre-ordered the Premium edition. Not that I don't love the Songbird, but I'm starting to run out of space in my studio.

What is the source of the phrase "beast of America" from ???

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Heh, they have the phony optical lens internal reflection artifacts turned on for some of the scenes (ie- 0:35). Noone tell the effects guys that this is supposed to be from a humans viewpoint?? Footage from the operating game engine ?? Then someones gots some 'splainin to do.
    Don't you know, lens flares and bloom make games look even more realistic than real life!

A lighthouse in the middle of an ocean. In a storm. You're feeding my conspiracy theory side here, Irrational

Still, wow. Nice trailer. I'm very pleased that the visuals seem to have been cleared up a lot. The clip with the two soldiers (where one impails himself on the other's skyhook) was, whilst gory, a good way to show that the NPC models have been cleaned up a lot. I'm really looking forward to this game again :3

Don't you know, lens flares and bloom make games look even more realistic than real life!
    Sad, isnt it.

"impails himself" ?

isnt that Booker's arm/hand behind the impalees head ???

I wonder which control activates that action in the game ....

Quite a few lighthouses were a ways out at sea - they marked shallow spots and shoals.

Not sure how he gets to Columbia from there (unless the Columbians are using it as a rendezvous point for their supply chain and he's gonna stow-away in a crate of something..)

Waits for the 'Yes Elizabeth, I AM your real Father !! ..." moment (bets??) ....

Unlike the fan's who didn't get the reveal trailer or sweared the guy on the balcony was Andrew Ryan, I know its 99% likely just a nice nod to the opening of the first Bioshock. Gotta leave some chance, just in case .

Am i the only one who noticed the revealed possibility of weapon upgrades in the trailer?

In the "Motorized Patriot" video, Booker uses a Semi-Automatic Rifle with a Telescopic Sight. In "Beast of America", at 1:14, it is not present, but replaced with an Iron Sight. The front sight is also different. But the Bolt Handle gives it away as being the same weapons.

Any opinions? Are these proof of weapon upgrading?

You know I think the structure of the game is perfectly clear in this trailer which the scenes of seeing Columbia as a normal city is actually the beginning of the game but once after you find Elizabeth that's when the game starts to kick off and the city goes downhill.

Of course I wonder if we could get to see the Vox Populi in it's beginning stages.

You know what's interesting? There are three people in that rowboat at the beginning. I don't know how to do all that fancy-pants screengrabbing stuff, but at 1:20 you can see a guy facing the player rowing, and another character in the yellow raincoat and hat who looks to me like a lady. Useless speculation, but I wonder what part of the game that's from.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ice View Post
    You know what's interesting? There are three people in that rowboat at the beginning. I don't know how to do all that fancy-pants screengrabbing stuff, but at 1:20 you can see a guy facing the player rowing, and another character in the yellow raincoat and hat who looks to me like a lady. Useless speculation, but I wonder what part of the game that's from.
    I believe it's the prologue.If it really is,that would be ironically awesome,since in BioShock 1 you start off in a plane(sky),and end up on the water,and in Infinite,you start off in a boat(water) and end up in the skies.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRealJohnGalt View Post
    More likely she is merely wearing a new dress for a later segment of the game. We know -from the Demo- that she is reclaimed by Song Bird and that Booker goes after her. Safe assumption that he rescues her, likely in the midst of a 4th of July (or similar) Celebration she is meant to attend, or at least dress for. In the Trailer we see several shots of what appears to be the aforementioned celebration, i.e. Fireworks, Parties, and so forth. While the Demo was made for E3, we know it does reflect actual moments in the game, so it's a safe assumption on my part I believe.

As for "Cleavage ruins a game." Are you serious? No, what ruins a game is focusing on one aspect of a female character's anatomy when they are comprised of so much more. Elizabeth is shapely and it shows in her attire; well she couldn't possibly be a deep, thought provoking character then. (*Sigh*) I won't waste time debating this (especially in light of a mind shattering trailer), but, come on now.

They are valid concerns. Females characters are known to be oversexualized to appeal to the demographic of the stereotypical teenage male gamer by game developers. And while I totally expect better from Irrational, you can't blame people for being skeptical.

you know I was actually wondering whether the "twist" in this game will be that Booker is actually Elizabeth's father

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

They are valid concerns. Females characters are known to be oversexualized to appeal to the demographic of the stereotypical teenage male gamer by game developers. And while I totally expect better from Irrational, you can't blame people for being skeptical.
    No, not really a valid concern; at least in this regard. Come on, this is Ken Levine we're talking about. Do you *seriously* want to stand there and lump him and his team in with the folks behind, say, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaidan, Dead or Alive, Duke Nukem and so on and so forth?

They made Elizabeth an attractive heroine, just like Booker is an attractive hero. Doesn't mean either are intended to be "over-sexualized" for either sex. Being very attractive, buff, buxom or so on does not equate "over-sexualized." Bouncing Boob physics qualifies as that. People (i.e. gamers) like attractive people, doesn't mean they want gratuitous or that studios will oblige.

Hell, look at the new Tomb Raider. Lara's pretty in the face, but essentially has the body of a young female athlete; her massive breast of yore are gone; and, yet, people still shouted "Over-Sexualized!" I really think people need to more closely examine why a character is attractive or how much before making gross generalizations. Especially when you're accusing a Game Director/Team that is, simply put, better then that.

(*Sigh*) And I've officially broken my own "don't debate" rule. I'm walking away from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Comixfan View Post
    (*Sigh*) And I've officially broken my own "don't debate" rule. I'm walking away from this one.
    You're on a forum, debating is what you do on forums.

You're on a forum, debating is what you do on forums.
    Some 'forums' anyway....

Even though I loved the trailer,I hate myself for watching it and seeing the spoilers.Well,other than the possible prologue right at the video beginning,there aren't a lot of 'spoilers' per say,but what is there,is the visual impact,for all the beautiful scenes I was exposed to,that beach,Columbia at night,the Aerodrome,everything,and I think I should see all of that while playing the actual game,causing an even bigger impact,it's like some of the stuff I'll see now in BSI won't give me the same 'WOW',but I seriously hope I'm wrong and there is a lot more to see,anyways,I'll try really hard to avoid any media released for the game.Damn,am I the only one?
    Last edited by AttiC; 10-22-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Lol it's funny to witness the forum resurrection now that the info shutdown has been terminated ^^

It's been agonizing for so long. Be lively now!

Now about the trailer, I hope they didn't dump the tears that Liz could invoke, or Charles with his crows, Saltonstall etc. And what about the founders ' appearance from 2010 and 2011? Now all I saw was soldiers in blue (that would be the Founder's side right?) against red soviet like soldiers (logically vox populi?). Even with an awesome trailer, I found myself kinda worried about what has been retained or not...
    Last edited by losstarot; 10-22-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by losstarot View Post
    Lol it's funny to witness the forum resurrection now that the info shutdown has been terminated ^^

Now about the trailer, I hope they didn't dump the tears that Liz could invoke, or Charles with his crows, Saltonstall etc. And what about the founders ' appearance from 2010 and 2011? Now all I saw was soldiers in blue (that would be the Founder's side right?) against red soviet like soldiers (logically vox populi?). Even with an awesome trailer, I found myself kinda worried about what has been retained or not...
    I don't think they would dump those ideas,they simply didn't show them in the trailer.The tears are the most innovative thing,and I don't see why the team would take away the two factions,Vox and Founders,unless there was some story conflict blocking their ideas,but even with all the development chaos,I doubt that happened.Again,that's just my opinion.

Would no longer be Vox Populi in the same sense as being 'the peoples voice' no matter how much a lie that usually really is.

Now its stormtroopers that no downtrodden 'immigrants' could afford to field (the street rabble we saw before was the classic form stirred up by conventional revolutionaries in that era).

If what they showed is what its turned into, then it will have lost all of the flavor that would have had the opponents make sense (all that historical analogy for the opposing sides). It now looks like just another faction killing to gain power - now faceless to make it easier to slaughter by the hundreds/thousands.

Perhaps its how they chose to show off the glitziest new effects (it is little more than a minute long and having the other stuff shown previously) knowing that its largely the key factor to sell the game to the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Z008MJ View Post
    Am i the only one who noticed the revealed possibility of weapon upgrades in the trailer?

In the "Motorized Patriot" video, Booker uses a Semi-Automatic Rifle with a Telescopic Sight. In "Beast of America", at 1:14, it is not present, but replaced with an Iron Sight. The front sight is also different. But the Bolt Handle gives it away as being the same weapons.

Any opinions? Are these proof of weapon upgrading?
    Could be but not necessarily, other first person shooters have guns you pick up which have different attachments to them, games like COD you could find a M-16 with a noob tube attached and another one without. So it could just be that its possible to find different variations of the same weapon throughout the game. To really have weapon upgrading would imply you carry around the same weapon throughout and so far no proof of that. I do think no matter which way they go, they could do "weapon" upgrades through the nostrums Booker takes - upgrading Booker's abilities with a weapon.

I think you worrying a bit too much -- their isn't much of a need to show stuff which has already been shown. I think Irrational has been pretty careful what to show and when. The major stuff they have shown or announced works and is probably beyond the point of being chopped for not working or lack of time. Take multiplayer they never announced anything or said their would be MP, even though several articles recently said various modes were being worked on and experimented. Nothing conceived was good enough to say this is def going to make the game and was therefore not announced. Could so some stuff be altered or changes since first being shown (Ex - The Handyman head change), of course, but I wouldn't be concerned on major gameplay systems or cool characters that have names and crows flying around them!

@ANYONE - in this thread who wants to debate the cleavage of Elizabeth, please continue that debate in this thread here - http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...light=cleavage

That discussion has already been taking place and this thread isn't the one to start up a new debate about that subject. Thank you

The point about the soldiers in blue it could be only that in the begging of the conflict the Founders could have been caught by surprise by the Vox Populi (the sacking of Emporia as an example), so in the beginning they would be just like the first demo, only using hand guns and regular clothing and as the conflict progresses, they start to equip its soldier with the full gear(helmet and so one).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast