Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 81

Thread: Any patch notes for the 2GB Oct-11 patch?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Disney World
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra_360ci View Post
    2GB?
    Damn... I should have left my computer on.
    Now I can't play tonight. 2GB is going to take me 4 hours to download.
    The patch just hit about 20 mins ago, so unless you won't be planning on playing for another 4 hours, it doesn't matter.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    171
    At least they've responded quickly. Can people who use this patch please ensure that they test out the former bugs and report whether or not they are still there. Please note in those posts "This was after the Oct 11 patch".

  3. #43
    I wonder if they fixed the scroll speed on the globe view

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    250
    My EU preorder is updating - yay

    After reading so many bug reports I was kind of getting worried that patch might take some time - but this is more than brill news!

    Thanks Firaxis!

    Tomorrow can't come quick enough...


    Edit:

    But bloody hell, 2GB is one chunky patch!

    This package must contain way, way, way more than just few bug fixes...

    Hmmmm... Interesting!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    257
    And I was wondering why Steam started downloading stuff for my pre-load o.O ... because as of right now Europe has to wait another 5 hours for the game to go live (and I'll be at work then >_<). Let's see what's in this then but from what you report, sounds very nice.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
    Post patch I've lost 10fps in-game. Anyone else notice a performance hit?
    If you're toned down any settings on the graphics options, the config has been reset. I had to turn mine back down again.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Hotfix type patches are the most common to come out without notes - where they think it's important to fix the problem ASAP.
    LOL

    - hey guys, can you wait 10 minutes to upload the new patch on Steam ? I want to write patch notes first
    - we cannot wait, this patch is important !!!

    Yes this must be what happened, sure

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,074
    Maybe they got wasted after making the patch and don't remember what they fixed?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    250
    Or they have released some old build to Americans coz they partied too much figuring out just now that there is a newer build somewhere on the HD...

    If you look back in the past - this is like selling the game with over 200 3.5" floppy disks missing from the box!

    Wonderful...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,559
    Quote Originally Posted by lietkynes View Post
    LOL

    - hey guys, can you wait 10 minutes to upload the new patch on Steam ? I want to write patch notes first
    - we cannot wait, this patch is important !!!

    Yes this must be what happened, sure
    Or "WTF is wrong with this crap... I can't get my patch note through!"
    "Meh, just put the patch through, it's not anyone is interested in those, right?"

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixnatifual View Post
    Maybe they got wasted after making the patch and don't remember what they fixed?
    I really hope this is what happened! As long as the getting wasted started after the making the patch was finished.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    11,068
    Maybe the day zero patch didn't quite make it out the door for day zero...

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Maybe the day zero patch didn't quite make it out the door for day zero...
    Sure it did, EU day Zero :-)

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by 23discordians View Post
    I really hope this is what happened! As long as the getting wasted started after the making the patch was finished.
    Don't be surprised to see soldier and sectoid models having their lower bodies switched when you start the game.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by -=XX=-Nephilim View Post
    Or they have released some old build to Americans coz they partied too much figuring out just now that there is a newer build somewhere on the HD...

    If you look back in the past - this is like selling the game with over 200 3.5" floppy disks missing from the box!

    Wonderful...
    3 1/2 floppy held 1.44megs, so it would be over 1000

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    163
    i can haz sectiod nude patch? oh wait....

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Syneris View Post
    3 1/2 floppy held 1.44megs, so it would be over 1000
    But less than 9000.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Maybe the day zero patch didn't quite make it out the door for day zero...
    A patch this large on launch day would have been a mess.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    103
    Is this just a PC patch? I didn't get one for Xbox.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    163
    no Playstation got patched too...

  21. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    11,068
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieWonkaSauce View Post
    Is this just a PC patch? I didn't get one for Xbox.
    There are reports of people on PS3 getting a patch.

  22. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixnatifual View Post
    Don't be surprised to see soldier and sectoid models having their lower bodies switched when you start the game.
    Or maybe some backwards flying floaters!

  23. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieWonkaSauce View Post
    Is this just a PC patch? I didn't get one for Xbox.
    Hmm well if what someone said earlier was true. (about the patch mostly being texture fixes for low end systems). Then you wouldn't need a patch. But if their are some bug fixes etc. well it usually takes several weeks for microsoft/sony to approve the patch.

  24. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    11,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio View Post
    A patch this large on launch day would have been a mess.
    Not really, it would hardly be unprecedented. It's one of the advantages of Steam - day-zero patches are compulsory, so no-one misses them, so no having to support the bugs that were fixed in the day-zero patch

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,074
    Well then...boom!

  26. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    I'm betting this patch was ready before release, but they wanted to wait for the console patchs. PS3 patch is ready, so they released the steam patch. Couldn't say what's holding up the Xbox one.

    Edit: By 'ready' for the console patches, I meant Certified.
    Last edited by Rebask; 10-11-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Clarification

  27. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Syneris View Post
    3 1/2 floppy held 1.44megs, so it would be over 1000
    Not back when OG was released - in fact, I think floppy back then had less than 1MB capacity (720KB to be exact)

    And I was referring to the 2GB patch - not the whole game

  28. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by 23discordians View Post
    Or maybe some backwards flying floaters!
    ROFL!!! I remember that fondly...

    I wonder how much flying backwards lowers the % to hit..

  29. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebask View Post
    I'm betting this patch was ready before release, but they wanted to wait for the console patchs. PS3 patch is ready, so they released the steam patch. Couldn't say what's holding up the Xbox one.
    Console patches are always held up by certification.

  30. #70
    Is there a "patch/update" for consoles too? To clarify, I started up my console at lunch and didn't get prompted to update...

  31. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    104
    Xbox users probably will wait month for Microsoft to accept patch

  32. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by -=XX=-Nephilim View Post
    Not back when OG was released - in fact, I think floppy back then had less than 1MB capacity (720KB to be exact)

    And I was referring to the 2GB patch - not the whole game
    1GB is 1024MB
    1.44meg came out late 80s, while xcom was 94. I don't know which it actually used, but probably the larger since it was also available on ...CD-ROM!

  33. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    Console patches are always held up by certification.
    That's what i meant by 'ready', sorry.

  34. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brought to you by GE Lightspeed
    Posts
    2,492
    Looks like they have a lot of work ahead of them since most of the gameplay issues dont appear addressed.

  35. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Syneris View Post
    1GB is 1024MB
    1.44meg came out late 80s, while xcom was 94. I don't know which it actually used, but probably the larger since it was also available on ...CD-ROM!
    My copy of XCOM EU came on 1.4 MB, 3.5" discs. I don't recall how many it came on. Maybe 5 or 6?

  36. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
    Posts
    590
    I hope they don't use "working as intended" like they did with Sony EverQuest patch notes.

  37. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    250
    They should make special / collectors edition of this game on floppy disks

    Would be great fun!

  38. #78
    Maybe they patched in a better ending xD

  39. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    226
    The button bug I reported is also fixed.

  40. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
    For a while I was like "Yay, it's unlocking my game!" but it was a patch lol. Damn this wait. Even the pirates have the game before I do.
    same thing I was thinking.................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •