Thread: How do I update patch for xbox 360 if I do not have Xbox Live?

How do I update patch for xbox 360 if I do not have Xbox Live?

Umm.. I would really like to know how to download the patch to my 360 without using xbox live, if there is no way to, please tell me, so I can stop trying to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by jum212 View Post
    Umm.. I would really like to know how to download the patch to my 360 without using xbox live, if there is no way to, please tell me, so I can stop trying to find one.
    You need an internet connection. Then a silver class account will let you download it. (this is free). Otherwise without internet you cannot download it.

Umm..

All you need is high speed internet ( I'm on dial-up) And xbox live will let you download it? ( Silver Account is Free? As in you just hook your xbox to the internet and go to live?) And thanks.

2 Easy ways

There are two easy ways of updating the 360 without Xbox Live.

1. Buy a new game. Games made after the update point will include the new dashboard updates. When you run the game the first time, it will ask if you want to update your Xbox 360 (renting a game new enough to have the newest patch will accomplish this the same).

2. Download a zip file from www.xbox.com, burn it to CD or DVD and follow the instructions on their site to update your Xbox 360.

Well, it would be normal to think that a new copy of the game would be updated, however I bought a copy at a local Wal-Mart today and it did not include the update.