Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: No Cover Indicator(s) Post-Patch (PIC INCLUDED)

  1. #1

    No Cover Indicator(s) Post-Patch (PIC INCLUDED)

    As you can see, there is no shield icon to determine the amount of cover at this location I want to move to. The other evident portion is that my team does have the icon after reaching a destination.

    gpu: gtx 680SLI
    drivers: v306.97 (Nvidia)

    Last edited by Dungeoncrawler; 10-12-2012 at 05:21 AM.

  2. #2

    Exclamation no cover indicators

    I am having the same issue. It's very frustrating when trying to achieve the level of strategy demanded by this game.




  3. #3
    You guys might want to post your vid card / driver version. Or update to latest drivers.

    I'm on ATi and no problems, 6950. Catalyst 12.8.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KAuss View Post
    You guys might want to post your vid card / driver version. Or update to latest drivers.

    I'm on ATi and no problems, 6950. Catalyst 12.8.
    I have the latest nvidia whql drivers that were released a couple of days ago. However, sound advice about posting specs ; fixed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    I now have the same problem - cover icons not showing.

    I played today on a comp with nvidia 295 card, and the icons were showing properly.
    We then updated the nvidia drivers (from 269.x or 267.x to the latest, 306.97 WHQL from October 10th), and now the cover icons aren't showing. No other changes were made between the two game sessions, although we didn't restart windows yet (but the drivers installation didn't demand a restart).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
    I have the latest nvidia whql drivers that were released a couple of days ago. However, sound advice about posting specs ; fixed.
    I had the same problem. Rolled the drivers back to the previous version (306.23) and the cover icons came back.

    My System: Intel i7-2600K@3.40GHz, 8169 MB DDR3,2 x GTX 580 SLI, ASUS SABERTOOTH P67

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Same problem here, Geforce 295, updated to new drivers yesterday morning and the indicators have been missing since.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by effriti View Post
    I now have the same problem - cover icons not showing.

    I played today on a comp with nvidia 295 card, and the icons were showing properly.
    We then updated the nvidia drivers (from 269.x or 267.x to the latest, 306.97 WHQL from October 10th), and now the cover icons aren't showing. No other changes were made between the two game sessions, although we didn't restart windows yet (but the drivers installation didn't demand a restart).
    I've now installed the older version (306.23) and the cover icons are back.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by effriti View Post
    I now have the same problem - cover icons not showing.

    I played today on a comp with nvidia 295 card, and the icons were showing properly.
    We then updated the nvidia drivers (from 269.x or 267.x to the latest, 306.97 WHQL from October 10th), and now the cover icons aren't showing. No other changes were made between the two game sessions, although we didn't restart windows yet (but the drivers installation didn't demand a restart).
    Given the above,
    Best guess is that the lastest Nvidia drivers are the problem. Revert back to the older drivers.

    I'm on a ATI 4870, (can't remember the driver, but it's an older one.) the shields are there. So, it's gotta be the Nvidia drivers. I'm sure Nvidia will release a hot patch, eventually. Either that or re-release the drivers.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra_360ci View Post
    Given the above,
    Best guess is that the lastest Nvidia drivers are the problem. Revert back to the older drivers.

    I'm on a ATI 4870, (can't remember the driver, but it's an older one.) the shields are there. So, it's gotta be the Nvidia drivers. I'm sure Nvidia will release a hot patch, eventually. Either that or re-release the drivers.
    Confirmed; latest nvidia driver issue (srry 2k). Reverting to 306.23 fixed the missing icon issue. I had mistakenly used another whql driver for the ti650 with a modified .ini that gave me the same issue, but made me believe I had tried the xxx.23's. THIS ISSUE IS NOT PATCH RELATED. Thanks everyone that helped figure it out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16
    Im using NVIDIA 304.79, and I dont have any video issues. Can see the icons perfectly.
    (ZOTAC 570 OC)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    The new beta driver (310.33) doesn't fix the issue either.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Noticed this after using trainer for xcom, before that never happend, Using 2xGT580 SLI. And when not using trainer, fidled with nvidia control panel setting for xcom. And cover icons came back. So its not any driver or xcom game bug entrily. Caused by trainer fidling around values in memory. Test this couple of times, and cover icons allways retruned when trainer was not runing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    161
    It's not only a graphical problem.

    I've played on a small UFO crash map where certain tiles did not grant any cover while they should provide full cover.

    In multiplayer, certain units never get cover, regardless of where they position themselves. Most notable is the Berserker. Even while standing next to a wall, no cover is granted.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Nvidia has responded to my bug report with the following:
    Hello,

    After further investigation it appears our new driver have exposed a bug in the game. The game treats SLI/Single modes differently, it asks number of GPUs from NVAPI and uses it for some in-game heuristics. The game is working in SLI-Single mode (because it wasn't profiled for SLI in that point) but in newest driver we allowed it runs in AFR. This change allow the game to run in AFR SLI mode which it had never been allowed to run before. We reported the bug back to the game developer so they can investigate. The game shouldn't treat SLI/Single modes differently, it should run the same regardless if its SLI or Single. This is something that will need to be fixed at the game level. I'd suggest you report the bug back to the game developer as well.

    Best regards,
    Ray
    So who knows how to get 2K Support/Firaxis to look at this thread?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    167
    I'm sure someone has seen this thread or is aware of this problem. But you might want to make an official ticket through 2K's support.

    http://support.2k.com/home

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Ticket filed with 2K (Request #210745). Now we wait....

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    This just in....
    We greatly appreciate your report. We apologize for the delay in response, but we have added this to our report spreadsheet. Our Engineers are addressing the issues in order of severity and frequency. While you may not receive an update from the development team directly, rest assured that this is being addressed.

    We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

    Best regards,

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    I just had this probem and solved it with this fix:

    Exit the game.
    Open the Nvidia Control Panel (should be down in the Windows tray icons)
    Select "Configure Multi-GPU, Surround, PhysX"
    Disable Multi-GPU and press "Apply"

    Restart the game and the cover icons should show up again. Or at least they did for me.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralzar View Post
    I just had this probem and solved it with this fix:

    Exit the game.
    Open the Nvidia Control Panel (should be down in the Windows tray icons)
    Select "Configure Multi-GPU, Surround, PhysX"
    Disable Multi-GPU and press "Apply"

    Restart the game and the cover icons should show up again. Or at least they did for me.
    I know. That's a work around, not a solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •