Thread: Bug : Can'T rotate geoscape/earth

Bug : Can'T rotate geoscape/earth

Platform : PC

After the tutorial where you send a team to help USA (main base in Europe), the geoscape is stuck over USA and I can't rotate it. Whenever I do something or when I get a UFO sighting, I'm always on top of USA. Not that hate that country, I just would love to go around the globe and see what the heck is going on.

I tried changing the keys for rotating left and right, no changes.

It doesn't affect the game mission-wise, since I intercept and send a skyranger, but it sucks that I can't rotate the earth and only see USA.

Anyone else is having that bug ?

I had the same bug. Couldn't rotate the planet. I was playing with a 360 controller on PC. I actually assumed they had removed the option to rotate until I played it on the console and found that rotation worked just fine (yes, I have it for two systems. Long story).

Anyway, it's still bugged on PC (can't rotate), but console is fine.

Well at least I'm not the only one , thank god :P

It doesnt seem to happen to a lot of people though. It still ruins the fun of spinning that globe and looking at the UFOs (I can't even see them if they aren't on top of USA ...)

It also makes some parts of the game very difficult, I had my game get stuck on the north pole. It was almost impossible to intercept ufos since I could not send more than 1, could never see them flying around the map.

I'm getting the same bug. Stuck over USA, can't rotate.

I really hope this gets fixed very soon, it's absolutely game-breaking.

It's actually even worse than I thought.

I just realized it but , I'm almost at the end game and had only 6 UFO contacts (you guessed right, UFOs that only appeared on top of where my geoscape is stuck, on top of USA).

So when I get big freaking UFO, I can't send my firestorm from Europe and I have to let it go. I lose a lot of countries that have sattelite cover because I don't get any UFOs spotting there. Their panic level increase and I can't even stop it.

This is a more serious bug than I thought :X

I have the exact same problem. I'm stuck directly over Europe. I can't rotate the globe at all.

Same here.Fix this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbery76 View Post
    Same here.Fix this now.
    I've found that I actually *can* rotate the globe. Just very, *very* sloooooooooowly. So double check that it's totally frozen, or just really, really slow. 'cause if it's just slow, then someone put a decimal point in the wrong place. If it's totally frozen, then it's a harder fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
    I've found that I actually *can* rotate the globe. Just very, *very* sloooooooooowly. So double check that it's totally frozen, or just really, really slow. 'cause if it's just slow, then someone put a decimal point in the wrong place. If it's totally frozen, then it's a harder fix.
    You might wanna read the whole thing before posting ...

It IS frozen , and not only can't we rotate it, but the only spotted UFOs we get are the ones that are located where we are stuck. If it was just a matter of a decimal, we'd still get UFOs spottings all over the globe where we have sattelite coverage. But no, we only get the UFOs where our view is stuck. I'm almost end game and so far I'm at UFO-6 (makes no sense ...). I have no resources except what I can get from the abduction missions or special requests. It makes it very hard to fight the aliens without money or alloys. I'm way behind in my weaponry and researches.

Getting this bug too

I stopped playing my game until it is fixed. It's really a weird bug.

Oh man that sucks for you :X

Have the "frozen globe" bug as well, but still able to intercept ufo on the other side of it.
    Still, very annoying and possible will be critical further into game when one interceptor won't be enough to take the boogie down...

It's not fun loosing 8 hours of a game because of a game bug. It's sad that we have to tell everyone to wait for patch before buying the game.. which is a lot of fun otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi Kitsune View Post
    Have the "frozen globe" bug as well, but still able to intercept ufo on the other side of it.
    Still, very annoying and possible will be critical further into game when one interceptor won't be enough to take the boogie down...
    Yeah that's the problem I had with the first real "big" ship. My little Raven was no match so I thought, wait a minute, I got a brand new full equipped Firestorm in Europe ready to go, just waiting for action. Well guess what, never did I have the chance to use it until I transfered it to the base where I was bugged over. When you can't afford many Firestorms (Demons), you just have to be lucky to intercept, which is kinda dumb. You should have full coverage like back in the days where your Avenger was leaving from the North Pole

The globe seems to rotate fine with a mouse, but not with my xbox 360 controller. Tho I had no problems regarding the interception of UFOs since you get them on the top menu (on top of scanning) and you can send more interceptors etc. Also the globe rotates everytime events take place, so it did not hinder my gameplay much at all. (YES would be definitely great to be able to rotate the globe with my xbox controller on PC, instead of just watching whatever they want to show me there )

Quote Originally Posted by Barthok View Post
    It also makes some parts of the game very difficult, I had my game get stuck on the north pole. It was almost impossible to intercept ufos since I could not send more than 1, could never see them flying around the map.
    Mine is stuck on the pole as well:

I've had this happen too. I remember one time after disengaging a UFO. It seems to be connected to viewing or dismissing events on the hologlobe.

Temporary fix for me was to just exit the game and reload, then the globe can be rotated again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphs View Post
    I've had this happen too. I remember one time after disengaging a UFO. It seems to be connected to viewing or dismissing events on the hologlobe.

Temporary fix for me was to just exit the game and reload, then the globe can be rotated again.
    I think that's what happened to me too. One my fighter disengaged automatically after getting a lot of damaged. I sent my other one. The problem is I played for about 4ish hours after that. So I can't really reload.

I also experience this while using xbox pad on the PC version.

However, as mentioned above, I can rotate it, VERY very slowly, but so slow as to make it pointless as it would take ages to get round the other side

This needs to get sorted, as likely just a value issue in a config file somewhere, as it is likely setup to rotate at a speed of mouse move sensitivity, and the analouge sticks are not providing same input value while moving them

I also am experiencing this bug on rotating the geoscape with a 360 controller on PC. I hadn't noticed it until I read this thread, but I have never been offered the option of shooting down a UFO anywhere other than Europe (my starting continent) despite having satellites and Raven's in every other continent! This is a huge problem!

Yes it is bug when using a PC controller after the patch.The PC mouse cursor suddenly appeared after the patch too when using controller.

Yeah that fix is for 360 controllers. People using a mouse to play still have the problem

I have the Logitech F310 controller, PC.
    For me the globe rotates soooooo slooooowly it barely moves. Switched the controls to mouse and it works fine.
    Oh, and it was stuck on USA.

I didn't even know you could rotate it! How do you do that with the gamepad?

Never mind, I found out how, along with the fix. Sort of pointless though, given that it's rush, rush, rush to the next mission or event. What I'd really love is a mod that allows us to slow down the passage of time, like the five speeds in the OG. I just want to watch that beautiful globe spin slowly, while I chill between missions.

The lastest patch and this issue it still here.Fcking useless.

If you bothered to read the patch news sticky you would know that Firaxis has fixed the problem with the geoscape locking up due to interceptors. It most probably wont fix an already bugged game, but it is resolved.

Interception game hang issues resolved
    o If two interceptors are sent after UFO
    o If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed
    http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...%28Now-live%29

+1 I quess it wasn't high enough on the bug list to have fixed. I wonder if they even know about this issue, well here we go again. Can anyone who owns the console version say that there is a indicator to show what stick rotates the globe?

On PC its left click on the globe and moving the mouse rotates the geoscope. I would assume that the equivalent controls on console do the same, since the PC version has 360 pad support as standard. So hold A and use the right stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    On PC its left click on the globe and moving the mouse rotates the geoscope. I would assume that the equivalent controls on console do the same, since the PC version has 360 pad support as standard. So hold A and use the right stick?
    Yes, I am using Xbox 360 for PC, I never thought of this, I will try next time I am on and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    Incorrect.It worked fine until the first patch.The bloody mouse cursor in on the screen all the time too.The release version unpatched worked fine,no mouse cursor on screen,scrolling was fine.

Incorrect.It worked fine until the first patch.The bloody mouse cursor in on the screen all the time too.The release version unpatched worked fine,no mouse cursor on screen,scrolling was fine.
    Mines is patched (PC) and left clicking the globe works fine for me right this second (alt-tabbed to be sure).