Thread: Some Question about Chrysalids

Some Question about Chrysalids

So i have a question about Chrysalids. When i hover over them using a character with an Arc Thrower, i don't see a blue ring as usual. Does that mean i cannot stun a chrysalid? I know i could try, but considering they are melee units, that's is quite a risk.

Another thought on the Chrysalids:
    I think they shouldn't get the free move when you spot them, or at least it should not be an entire move for them.
    The free move makes sense for most enemies, since the game wants them to take cover, so they don't get easily killed.
    But chrysalids don't take coverm they just attack you, meaning the moment i spot a chrysalid, they have an entire move, meaning the person i spot them with is surrounded by chrysalids the moment he sees them and is as good as dead. They can get a free move, but maybe it should be only half of their normal walking speed or something.

You can't stun Chryssalids.

That's actually benefitial if you make use of it. Nothing like having a few Chryssalids advance right into CCS and get obliterated.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaror View Post
    So i have a question about Chrysalids. When i hover over them using a character with an Arc Thrower, i don't see a blue ring as usual. Does that mean i cannot stun a chrysalid? I know i could try, but considering they are melee units, that's is quite a risk.

Another thought on the Chrysalids:
    I think they shouldn't get the free move when you spot them, or at least it should not be an entire move for them.
    The free move makes sense for most enemies, since the game wants them to take cover, so they don't get easily killed.
    But chrysalids don't take coverm they just attack you, meaning the moment i spot a chrysalid, they have an entire move, meaning the person i spot them with is surrounded by chrysalids the moment he sees them and is as good as dead. They can get a free move, but maybe it should be only half of their normal walking speed or something.
    My strategy is to have everyone on reaction shot befor i send someone to scout ahead. The moment something is spotted, it is pretty dead the next second. Well trained and equiped snipers are pretty good for such moments

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePryde View Post
    My strategy is to have everyone on reaction shot befor i send someone to scout ahead. The moment something is spotted, it is pretty dead the next second. Well trained and equiped snipers are pretty good for such moments
    ^^^
    This!
    I actually find Thin Men to be more of a danger then Chryssalids.

I love when they advance right up to my shotgun assault soldier on overwatch. blasting one then hitting the other @ close range