Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILER] XCOM DLC - Archivements

Thumbs up [SPOILER] XCOM DLC - Archivements

Hello all,

I was browsing the XCOM Achievements on steam and noticed some things that are not on the game right now:

My guess is they are for the next DLC, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by TheSpaceMushroom; 10-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceMushroom View Post
    Hello all,

I was browsing the XCOM Archivements on steam and noticed some things that are not on the game right now:

My guess is they are for the next DLC, what do you guys think?
    They look like they might actually be more story missions. A lot more in-fact. They even have non-random names. It's either that, or they're somehow DLC levels that take place outside the game's main story. I honestly have no clue.

Can't see them and that ain't normal steam achievement page... Why there are ticks next to achievements?

If this is real, Jake Solomon is a giant troll, since this stuff points to a TFTD-themed DLC. My question is, who is the newest ally?

Also, why TFTD?

Probably just copypasta failure. In any case, you can see those on the Steam world achievements page, not the personal one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    If this is real, Jake Solomon is a giant troll, since this stuff points to a TFTD-themed DLC. My question is, who is the newest ally?

Also, why TFTD?
    Sorry Mediator, what's pointing to TFTD? The breaking dam? I doubt it.

Definately looks like new content DLC. And must not be far off since it's already there in the initial achievements.

As for this being "TFTD" themed.. How ? I don't really see it.

Quote Originally Posted by distraughtMuffin View Post
    Probably just copypasta failure. In any case, you can see those on the Steam world achievements page, not the personal one.
    I see them now, but without text.

But I thought Jake said he didn't like TFTD?

Sorry Mediator, what's pointing to TFTD? The breaking dam? I doubt it.
    The dam breaking, and Friends in Low Places. Also,

glides right along the coast. Achievement name Bait the Hook.

Gangplank:A board or ramp used as a removable footway between a ship and a pier.

Granted, I may be completely wrong about this, but I feel have a feeling it has to be TFTD related.

glides right along the coast.

Gangplank:A board or ramp used as a removable footway between a ship and a pier.
    OMG you might be right! I hope not though

Hmm, perhaps a pirate themed DLC?

Also, what about the Japanese letter. Is it even Japanese?

I dunno. Just seems off to me. And would require coordination between the sea Aliens and the other aliens. Or something.

More curious about how long until we get some details on this. And who this new character is.

I don't see how those are XCOM related at all. I think it's just a mess up at STEAM.

Also, what about the Japanese letter. Is it even Japanese?
    It is the Japanese character for dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBurns View Post
    I don't see how those are XCOM related at all. I think it's just a mess up at STEAM.
    More than 3 turns left on the timer? Looks a lot like the bomb missions on the game. It's pretty much the only one though.

EDIT: Also activate less than 2 valves looks like the bomb devices we deactivate to give us more time. And the savior one looks like the ethereal device.

Data miners also found new asian-style map elements.... combined, all these seem to indicate some sort of asian coastal DLC where you might pick up a "new ally" who is playable.

I can confirm they show up on Steam under XCOM.

More than 3 turns left on the timer? Looks a lot like the bomb missions on the game. It's pretty much the only one though.

EDIT: Also activate less than 2 valves looks like the bomb devices we deactivate to give us more time. And the savior one looks like the ethereal device.
    Yeah it does look like the ethereal device, and it has the word volunteer. Which makes me think it is possible that these story events can take place during the events of the game. I'm not 100% sure on that one though.

More curious about having a specific character. And sounds like he will be a psychic as well. Will he have any unique abilities though ?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
    More curious about having a specific character. And sounds like he will be a psychic as well. Will he have any unique abilities though ?
    Hummm the possibilities! I hope firaxis doesn't miss them!

Me neither. Generally though i hope to see more stuff that can be researched and new enemy types. Possibly variations on the current ones. With different behavior and abilities as well.

But 2k has been rather silent atm. Despite what i imagine must be a pretty good launch. Think i saw at one point close to 70k people playing xcom at the same time on steam

During a pre-release stream with... IGN maybe? a fan asked about Rising Dragon which was one of the achievements you used to see on the steam site. Jake Soloman laughed and said, "Oh someone's been looking at the achievements." or something along those lines. He recognized the name, so I don't think it was a fluke. Might have been something removed from the game, or future dlc.

I was trying to figure out what "Furies" had to do with the rest...

On the wikipedia page, I found literally "the avengers", and they emerged from the ocean when drops of blood from the god Uranus entered the ocean. The Temple Ship blew up over the ocean and debris rained down on it.

Now I'm not sure about the idea that this takes place during the campaign, I'm thinking it probably takes place after it, although I do agree that one achievement icon looks like the gollop chamber and the word volunteer is suspicious. Also, the Temple Ship blew up over the coast of Africa, not the coast of Asia, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

The steam achievements page is here

idk the details about neoseeker.com list but it does list "20 Achievements Remaining To Be Unlocked" at the bottom.

If it was post campaign DLC.. well. That would be intereting i suppose. Though by the sound of the rest of the achivements. Not awfully likely. But not impossible.

Oh forget about it you and I all know the dlc is going to be freaking zombie dlc like every other freaking game out there lmao (sarcasm) actually considering there are already zombies in this game it would seem redundant, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
    If it was post campaign DLC.. well. That would be intereting i suppose. Though by the sound of the rest of the achivements. Not awfully likely. But not impossible.
    After some more thought, I'm thinking the "fury" may be the new ally, and you're helping said new ally gain vengeance. The great minds thinking alike may be humanity and the new ally working together to defeat this threat. Not much to go on with just achievement names, just bouncing some ideas around.

Fair enough

I'm just wondering how long until we get some news on it. Because it can't be long if the achivements are already in the game.

I'll come out and say it. The ally could be the Japanese Kiryu-Kai, in some form or fashion. It'd make sense with the asian ties and the Japanese character on the Dragon Rising achievement.

Also, why TFTD?
    Because TFTD was part of the original theme of the old games (but yes I agree it was a re-skin of the first one). It wouldn't be the first time a game dev has flat out lied to keep content a secret and that kind of lying I do find acceptable. How many times did Todd Howard (Skyrim dev) lie about Vamps or Werewolves Not being in Skyrim? He lied about a lot of things in Skyrim to keep them secret from the players until the game came out, and it worked hugely in their favor.

The art style in nothing like X-com and there is nothing sci fi in those pictures.I call it horse☺☺☺☺.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbery76 View Post
    The art style in nothing like X-com and there is nothing sci fi in those pictures.I call it horse☺☺☺☺.
    And, yet, they fit the art style of the XCOM achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbery76 View Post
    Can't tell if serious. Someone linked to the steam achievement page that has these posted up. An official achievement page mind you.

Oh, for those who have beaten the game already (like myself and many others) did you actually Listen to what the Ethereal was saying in the final mission? He mentions something about the "Greater Threat" and how "You're not prepared for what is to come.". If that doesn't scream DLC or Sequel I don't know what does. It should be obvious to anyone who actually listened to what he was saying.

It's also how the industry works today. They make a game, then take parts of it out so they can sell it to you later as DLC. If we gamers as consumers keep shelling out our money and accepting business practices like this it just keeps on going. If DLC was actually made after (and only after) the release of a title we'd end up waiting a lot longer for DLC of any kind for any game. Yes the engine would already be in place, but all the work (graphics and coding) would have to start only after the release of the initial product. Today in the industry DLC is being made for games while the main game is still in development. That's why you see some people complaining about games not being sold as completed simply so companies can milk consumers for more money for something that was finished during the first development cycle.

glides right along the coast. Achievement name Bait the Hook.

Granted, I may be completely wrong about this, but I feel have a feeling it has to be TFTD related.
    Where'd you find that pic my friend? Is that hidden in the files somewhere as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
    Where'd you find that pic my friend? Is that hidden in the files somewhere as well?
    Wikipedia. That's the California bullet train. Goes right along the coast.

There are also numerous bullet trains in Japan, so that could potentially be their target as well.

I've been trying to find a bullet train that matches the icon's windshield, but no luck.

i'm ashamed to admit i'd pay instantly for a dlc with more contenent, a new campaign and stuff like that.

but i'd pay instantly for a dlc with more contenent, a new campain or stuff like that.
    i like this game too much to stop playing it now.

i only hope we're not seeing some stuff that was forgotten there and filling the gaps with what we wish to see (ie, tfdt dlc)

filling the gaps with what we wish to see
    I'd much rather see a DLC exploring the Outsiders than introducing some terrorist faction of the invading aliens dedicated to attacking from the oceans. It hardly has to do with what we want to see and more with making speculation on what we can see.

I'd much rather see a DLC exploring the Outsiders than introducing some terrorist faction of the invading aliens dedicated to attacking from the oceans. It hardly has to do with what we want to see and more with making speculation on what we can see.
    maybe some of us actually wants a TFTD DLC
    still, what i meant was that we might be seeing fire where there isn't any

I just hope that whatever DLC it is it's not standalone. I like when DLC can be played along or right after the main campaign.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast