Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition Information Thread and F.A.Q.

Official Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition Information Thread and F.A.Q.

The Official Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition Information Thread

Hello everyone!

With this morning's announcement of the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition, we thought it would be helpful to have all the details in once place with this information thread.

Here’s a handy guide that lists all the details of both the Premium Edition and the Ultimate Songbird Edition available for pre-order:

• Premium Edition $79.99 SRP

• The BioShock Infinite game
    • A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.
    • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph of a real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite by Jorge Lacera.
    • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature figure from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
    • A 64-page collectible mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed linen cover.
    • Downloadable content:
      • Exclusive in-game gear
        • Bull Rush
        • Extra! Extra!
        • Betrayer

• Digital soundtrack featuring music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions.
      • Platform specific downloadable content:
        • Exclusive avatar costumes of Booker and Elizabeth for Xbox 360
        • BioShock Infinite themes for PC and PlayStation 3

• Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

• Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 SRP

• A resin-cast Songbird statue measuring 9.75 inches and comes with its own collectible packaging.
    • The BioShock Infinite game
    • A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.
    • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph of a real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite by Jorge Lacera.
    • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature figure from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
    • A 64-page collectible mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed linen cover.
    • Downloadable content:
      • Exclusive in-game gear
        • Bull Rush
        • Extra! Extra!
        • Betrayer

• Digital soundtrack featuring music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions.
      • Platform specific downloadable content:
        • Exclusive avatar costumes of Booker and Elizabeth for Xbox 360
        • BioShock Infinite themes for PC and PlayStation 3

• Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Both editions will be available in the U.S.A, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

THE PREMIUM EDITION AND THE ULTIMATE SONGBIRD EDITION WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER IN EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA STARTING MONDAY OCTOBER 22nd, 2012.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED, SO ORDER YOURS TODAY!

F.A.Q.

Where can I pre-order the Premium Edition and Ultimate Songbird Edition?

Are there any retailer exclusives?

• No, both editions will have the same content no matter where you purchase.

I live outside the countries listed, how do I get my hands on it?

How much do these editions cost?

• Premium Edition SRP $79.99
    • Ultimate Songbird Edition SRP $149.99

What are the dimensions and weight of the packaging?

• Premium Edition – measures 5.625” x 2.875” x 7.625” and weighs 1 pound 7.4 ounces. Subject to slight variations.
    • Ultimate Songbird Edition – measures 10” x 10” x 11.5” and weighs 4 pounds, 7.45 ounces. Subject to slight variations.

Are these editions available through Steam?

• Unfortunately, these editions will only be available for physical versions.
    Last edited by ig.ratana; 10-22-2012 at 06:36 AM.

I'm digging what comes in both editions, the Songbird statue looks awesome, hope the quality matches how good it looks. Would have dug a flag with some sort of Columbia seal on it, something like the flag which is coming for AC3 collector's edition. Also looks like their isn't going to be a limited edition jacket holding the game like the first Bioshock had. Absolutely loved that limited edition case and cover and doubt we will see something like that as the standard case.

Overall two BIG THUMBS UP and ONE BIG SMILE !

Looking forward to more info about that board game, too!

This looks really neat, I'll definitely be picking up the Ultimate Songbird Edition when it comes out.

What will the price be in Europe(since Games often tend to be sold at a 1$ = 1€ rate)?

And while it looks super awesomesauce, I do have to frown at the fact that the soundtrack is digital. After BS2 having it on a LP I at least expected to get a CD.

This all looks INCREDIBLE! I have been waiting and waiting for a Bioshock based board game as well.. CAN NOT WAIT!

I assume the Skyhook as peripheral did not work out?

Regardless, this all looks so incredible.. when can I put my pre-order in!

Hi all, I'm not all that familiar with Bioshock, but am a longtime fan of Plaid Hat Games, the company creating and publishing the board game... Just wanted to stop by and let you know they absolutely rock at designing strategy board games and you should definitely keep tabs on that side of things.

Plaid Hat Games is a small, independant company that puts a ton of care into their games.... no way it'll be some licensed-board-game steaming pile. (Much like video games, when board games license IPs, they often suck. The funny thing is that instead of licensing good movies to make crap video games, board game companies often license good video games to make crap board games. And with this summer's Battleship movie, the circle is complete. But my point is, I know this will not be the case, and that Irrational made a great choice by going with Plaid Hat Games, you will get an awesome game.)

If you're not familiar with Plaid Hat Games, check out Summoner Wars, their flagship, expandable card/board game which has 16 flavored fantasy factions (Tundra Orcs, Sand Goblins, The Mountain Vargath, etc). It's my favorite game on earth, board/video/otherwise. It's also on iOS, download 1 faction for free and go through the detailed tutorial.

As planty as you may seem, I can't wait for the board game.. been holding off on playing Summoner Wars, but this news makes me want to go try out the card game on the iPad.. If you, let's say, happen to have an in at Plaid Hat Games, would you be able to give us any ideas what the game is like? There are miniatures, so it isn't a card game... yeah, I think I'm as excited about the board game as I am about everything else in this CE (outside of the game, if I could have the game today, I'd forego everything else!)

I am actually their webmaster but I was as shocked as anyone to wake up today and see the news, lol. So no inside info, I'm basically just a fan. They do have a podcast though so hopefully they'll spill some beans there.

Awesome! feel free to post any updates that happen over there, on this forum. I'm certain it's not just Japester and I who are interested in a boardgame iteration of Bioshock Infinite..

yodashins, you can pre-order the Sky-Hook Replica at GameStop here:
    http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles...replica/105902

The Ultimate Songbird edition doesn't appear to be available from any Canadian retailers. Is this just websites needing updating, or is the Songbird edition simply not available here?

Ratana-

Already ahead of you. It was preordered on announcement! And, I found where the confusion on peripheral occurred back in late 2011. Disregard me!

I haven't seen it available from a listed US retailer yet either... I think we may be ahead of the curve...

(Quite a few posts.. can you tell I'm excited?)

It is currently available on Gamestop.com. But that seems to be the only place it's available.

Will preorder! If there's one game that deserves obtaining a CE for, it's Infinite.

Now I only need to get the money... (Pre-ordering from my country means paying everything at the time of preorder. Ouch)

Quote Originally Posted by Carthage View Post
    The Ultimate Songbird edition doesn't appear to be available from any Canadian retailers. Is this just websites needing updating, or is the Songbird edition simply not available here?
    Hi Carthage, we're working with our retail partners to get their websites updated to start taking pre-orders. Keep checking back throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Hi Carthage, we're working with our retail partners to get their websites updated to start taking pre-orders. Keep checking back throughout the day.
    Well just by responding to me, you're already doing better than another company I'll refrain from naming, so that's a good start.

In the picture here: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/collector , can anyone tell me what the three round pog-like circles are?

Salut a tous je vous écris en français car mon anglais est déplorable.
    Donc ces éditions collector on l'air pas mal, sauf pour la bande son à 80$ voir 150$ vous pourriez la mettre sur C.D. ce serait la moindre des choses. Car exemple pour darsiders 2 (désoler pour la movaise pub) ils on fait la même chose et mon code n'as pas fonctinner et au final j'ai du la pirater. Donc s'il vous plait ne faite pas la même erreur, il est encor temps de changer ça!!

Quote Originally Posted by yodashins View Post
    In the picture here: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/collector , can anyone tell me what the three round pog-like circles are?
    Those represent some of the DLC that is included in both Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions. More specifically the three exclusive Gear power-ups.

I keep refreshing Amazon but it's not up yet! Looks like I know what I'm doing all day today =T.

Edit: Looking at it again, the art book that comes with the LE is just going to be a Frankenstein monster of the full Dark Horse art book? Kind of a bummer, I was hoping for a full art book or at least some different stuff in it.
    Last edited by TheParasite; 10-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Badass! So happy it's in limited quantities! That was one of the beauties of the original Bioshock LE!! That and the fact the itmes here are ones I ACTUALLY WANT!!! Unlike the BS2 CE.

I swear, 2K has plots to get all the money I ever make in the world. I must posses that Songbird!

Edit: it's totally availiable on ebgames now. SO EXCITE.

Quote Originally Posted by CuiK View Post
    Salut a tous je vous écris en français car mon anglais est déplorable.
    Donc ces éditions collector on l'air pas mal, sauf pour la bande son à 80$ voir 150$ vous pourriez la mettre sur C.D. ce serait la moindre des choses. Car exemple pour darsiders 2 (désoler pour la movaise pub) ils on fait la même chose et mon code n'as pas fonctinner et au final j'ai du la pirater. Donc s'il vous plait ne faite pas la même erreur, il est encor temps de changer ça!!
    Parlez-vous en englais, s'il-vous plait. Most of us don't speak French (and I admit my french is lacking given that I'm Canadian). We can't moderate effectively if you're posting in French.

*Quick update! Pre-orders are now available at the Irrational Games Store!
    https://store.irrationalgames.com/Ca...oshockInfinite

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    I keep refreshing Amazon but it's not up yet! Looks like I know what I'm doing all day today =T.

Edit: Looking at it again, the art book that comes with the LE is just going to be a Frankenstein monster of the full Dark Horse art book? Kind of a bummer, I was hoping for a full art book or at least some different stuff in it.
    Yeah. honestly. For the price they charge for the ultimate edition it is REALLY sad to see a cut down version of the full book. I can understand it for the platinum one but for the 150$ one I think this is unacceptable. It means if you want the full book you have to shell out cash again later on.

27. I'm going to try and get this. I want it. And then I realize the one I really want is $150 ouch that hurts since I don't have that kind of money.

I'm a little disappointed in the $150 Collector's Edition. I was hoping for more useful items in the more expensive edition, but to pay $70 for just the Songbird is a bit absurd. I think the $80 edition is great, especially the lithograph and Handyman figurine. But to make the Songbird the only difference between the two editions? How many people have giant figures of their favorite games? Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Arkham City, just to name a recent few. I'm really not trying to knock the series, but I was just looking forward to a bit more variability and creativity.

I found this out luckily when I was in the mall and headed towards gamestop so I went ahead and ordered the premium version. I'm really excited for the OST and the mini art book.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutlastnight View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the $150 Collector's Edition. I was hoping for more useful items in the more expensive edition, but to pay $70 for just the Songbird is a bit absurd.
    Wanting more variety is fine, but the $70 for the Songbird is a different issue entirely. As someone who collects statues and busts (primarily the Marvel stuff by Bowen Designs), I can tell you that $70 for a 9.5" statue is on the inexpensive side. If it's of good quality. And that's the key. Standalone statues easily run that much or more. But CE statues often cut corners, which has made many gamers think they should be must cheaper. Based on the Murder of Crows bottle, and the fact that Irrational is staffed by a bunch of nerds who know their collectibles, I'm guessing they didn't cheap out on ol' Songbird there.

But time will tell....

I didn't want to say anything about it, but I was tight-lipped about the Songbird Edition being announced soon since the 14th. I knew of it because of a small image that showed an early version of the Edition for Xbox 360, which originally had Columbia's Washington Mural as the edition's lithograph, but the rest is roughly the same as what you see here.

Still, I'm surprised that it was never mentioned on the forums before this announcement, and even I had a hard time not saying anything too obvious about it too early. I felt it would have been better for IG and fans to have that announcement as more of a surprise to go with the new trailer, which now seems like it worked out well for both, and I'm glad its finally been revealed.

Personally, I was excited when I saw it, and now knowing what the majority of the content is, along with the new lithograph, I'm now just as eager for it.

BTW, The upcoming board game was indeed a surprise to find out what the mini Handyman was for, and it seems like it could be quite fun for the strategy enthusist, especially when it seems somewhat inspired by a certain Malifaux customizer who was featured here for his custom BioShock Malifaux figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    Yeah. honestly. For the price they charge for the ultimate edition it is REALLY sad to see a cut down version of the full book. I can understand it for the platinum one but for the 150$ one I think this is unacceptable. It means if you want the full book you have to shell out cash again later on.
    Then again, the Development Edition for BioShock's artbook was more of an expansion from the regular Breaking the Mold artbook, so it could be the other way around if the edition's book will have some exclusive work not seen in DH's artbook. Of course it'll be expensive to have both the Songbird Edition (or Premium Edition) and the Artbook, but like the cost to make the Songbird statues, it would have been more expensive if DH's book was included with these Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by yodashins View Post
    They're more likely DLC for Nostrums, much like the Plasmids and Tonics DLC for BioShock. Speaking of BioShock, it looks like from that description for EXTRA! EXTRA!, there will indeed be Audio Diaries in Infinite, only they'll be called Audio Logs.
    Last edited by TheParasite; 10-18-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Merged your posts Evans since you triple posted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    Merged your posts Evans since you triple posted.
    Thanks. Usually, I do merge my posts, but when I was done from writing my post, I just noticed at the last minute certain posts while scrolling that stood out. With this news, it was hard to keep track of upcoming replies. Once again, thanks for the merge.

I'm now more excited for the board game honestly, but I'll still buy the $80 edition most likely.

Out of curiosity, will those of us who attended the NYCC get-together last year be getting either of the special editions or just the game itself? Because my Big Daddy Statue would sure look real nice with a Songbird statue next to it *nudge nudge*.

I don't want to sound offensive or anything, but I hope that this time the shipping agency doesn't let the container with the Songbird edition fall to the ground.

I don't think my heart could take that disappointment.

But still, can't wait to get this one CE!

Out of curiosity, will those of us who attended the NYCC get-together last year be getting either of the special editions or just the game itself? Because my Big Daddy Statue would sure look real nice with a Songbird statue next to it *nudge nudge*.
    I don't think 2K would like to shell out 90 extra bucks for that many people! Not to mention shipping!

Very good looking Ultimate Edition i must say. I'll be pre-ordering it this weekend at Gamestop no doubt. Also i'm curious when it stated "quantity is limited"?.....will this be something like the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition?. Or more of a time frame thing. Happy news

Quote Originally Posted by Juan29.Zapata View Post
    I don't think 2K would like to shell out 90 extra bucks for that many people! Not to mention shipping!
    I know, they'd be losing out quite a bit. Just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm quite grateful as it is that they're doing that for the group that was there.

I'll be preordering the UE tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusPyro View Post
    I was able to confirm with Irrational that the surprise gift for attending the NYCC 2011 fan appreciation event is indeed the regular edition of the game. If you're like me and play on different platforms (PC and PS3), buy a special edition for one and use the free game for the other.

So I would have to agree with a few others that while the Songbird looks really neat I'm a bit disappointed by the other contents. It feels sort of like a case of quantity over quality. I would rather have less high quality content than more trimmed down content.

I still feel like the Bio 2 Special Edition was one of the best video game CEs I've ever seen. It may not have been as flashy as others, but everything in it was really neat and really well made.

By the way, this all comes with the standard "I'm a hopeless fanboy and already pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition" disclaimer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast