Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 196

Thread: Official Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition Information Thread and F.A.Q.

  1. #41

    Thumbs up

    I preordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition for PC the same day it was announced. I had been waiting for the collector's edition to become available for purchase for quite some time, so my wallet was fully prepared.

    I didn't flinch or feel badly about spending the $150, either. That's the insane part. I am so proud to be a part of the Irrational Games community, and have gladly done my part to support the developers. I have real faith in this development team and what they have created. I sincerely believe that Bioshock Infinite will go down in history, on many top ten lists for years and years to come, as one of the greatest games ever created.

    Irrational Games, I love you! I'm looking forward to the new trailer, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing the game!

    I want to wish everyone still working on the game the best of luck in maintaining patience and sanity in these final months of crunch

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    111
    First off I just wanted to say hello as I just joined the forum this morning. I've been reading the post for quite a while as a guest and normally am not into forums, but seeming I am a tremendous fan of the bioshock games I figured I might as well make an account.

    It's a pleasure to meet you all. I too just ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition for my ps3 this morning. I was fine with spending the money to help support IG. I have a feeling the songbird statue will be well made, I trust IG. Everything looks fantastic thus far to me. I will echo what SSRI said above, I feel the same. I am extremely picky about games I will purchase, I have been gaming since atari, nes, sega genesis etc. In all my years of gaming I finally picked up Bioshock and was blown away at the whole concept. The best story telling I've come across yet. I cannot wait to explore Columbia.

    I too can't wait for the new trailer I bet it's going to be spectacular. Good luck with everything IG and thank you for creating such incredible gaming experiences.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Heads up! Amazon is now taking pre-orders for both editions. Here are the links:

    Premium Edition: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...remium+edition

    Ultimate Songbird Edition:http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ngbird+edition

  4. #44
    Hey, I'm new as well, and something does not let me sleep at nights: Will limited editions still be able to be preordered for Christmas or they will have all been preordered by then?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    397
    So pumped for this. Love the collection - that Songbird statue looks amazing and will go so well with the rest of my collection.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    251
    Wait a second! I cannot preorder from Amazon! Apparently for no version. It tells me to sign up to be alerted for when it's available for pre-order.

    Doesn't matter to me! I will have more time to get the money for pre-ordering, bwahahahaha!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Anguera Peguera View Post
    Hey, I'm new as well, and something does not let me sleep at nights: Will limited editions still be able to be preordered for Christmas or they will have all been preordered by then?
    There's no guarantee one way or another, but it's a bit of a gamble. With limited editions like this it's typically best to pre-order as soon as possible.

    Amazon.com might be a good option for you, you can pre-order without putting any money down and it won't charge you until the game ships. You can also cancel the pre-order for free any time before it ships if you change your mind.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    Amazon.com might be a good option for you, you can pre-order without putting any money down and it won't charge you until the game ships. You can also cancel the pre-order for free any time before it ships if you change your mind.
    That actually sounds pretty neat. Do you know whether it will be available on Amazon.de as well?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    That actually sounds pretty neat. Do you know whether it will be available on Amazon.de as well?
    Unfortunately I don't know. I'd ask ig.ratana.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Looking forward to more info about that board game, too!
    Didn't even catch that when reading the C:E description! They should throw in few golden tickets and those people get to play one game with Ken !

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    What will the price be in Europe(since Games often tend to be sold at a 1$ = 1€ rate)?

    And while it looks super awesomesauce, I do have to frown at the fact that the soundtrack is digital. After BS2 having it on a LP I at least expected to get a CD.
    Digital Soundtracks seem to be the new means of sountrack delivery unfortunately - Darksider's 2 being the latest game I've bought to go that route.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    I keep refreshing Amazon but it's not up yet! Looks like I know what I'm doing all day today =T.

    Edit: Looking at it again, the art book that comes with the LE is just going to be a Frankenstein monster of the full Dark Horse art book? Kind of a bummer, I was hoping for a full art book or at least some different stuff in it.
    Yeah one of the reason's I was hopeful for it being something besides an artbook with a standalone art book already coming out.


    Quote Originally Posted by aboutlastnight View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the $150 Collector's Edition. I was hoping for more useful items in the more expensive edition, but to pay $70 for just the Songbird is a bit absurd. I think the $80 edition is great, especially the lithograph and Handyman figurine. But to make the Songbird the only difference between the two editions? How many people have giant figures of their favorite games? Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Arkham City, just to name a recent few. I'm really not trying to knock the series, but I was just looking forward to a bit more variability and creativity.
    That is pretty much the norm though for the ultimate editions to include one giant figure or item, how many 150 dollar editions have added a bunch of useful items to make up the 70 dollars different, I can't even think of one. I can think of the COD prestige editions to throw in with those that just add one big pretty much non useful item. As other's have said as long as the statue is of good quality, it's worth it too the die-hard fans of the franchise which is who that edition is aimed towards.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    508
    A minimum requirement of $25 U.S dollars deposit down for the Ultimate Songbird Edition. This receipt show for today's transaction at Gamestop.



    also picked up the Gauntlet there. But didn't find what i was looking for at Toys R' Us.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    3,315
    Question - Do you guys think that the box art with Bioshock Infinite logo amidst the sky background is the official box art or still a placeholder?

    I'd be pretty happy if it was the box art !

  13. Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    Question - Do you guys think that the box art with Bioshock Infinite logo amidst the sky background is the official box art or still a placeholder?

    I'd be pretty happy if it was the box art !
    Sure it looks very nice but i'm sure they could do something better.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Your house.
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by CuiK View Post
    Salut a tous je vous écris en français car mon anglais est déplorable.
    Donc ces éditions collector on l'air pas mal, sauf pour la bande son ŕ 80$ voir 150$ vous pourriez la mettre sur C.D. ce serait la moindre des choses. Car exemple pour darsiders 2 (désoler pour la movaise pub) ils on fait la męme chose et mon code n'as pas fonctinner et au final j'ai du la pirater. Donc s'il vous plait ne faite pas la męme erreur, il est encor temps de changer ça!!
    Pardon, j'ai pas d'accents et mon francais mal!
    Le difference pour le prix est a cause du statue et c'est tout! Malheureusement, c'est normale maintenant pour donner les codes pour remplacer les CD's. Aussi, je ne pense pas qu'ils changeront les editions mais on peut souhaiter! J'espere que vous n'aurez pas le meme probleme cette fois!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    251
    Oh crap. Amazon still does not have the Songbird edition up for preorder. Does this mean it sold out? That quickly?! Crap.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan29.Zapata View Post
    Oh crap. Amazon still does not have the Songbird edition up for preorder. Does this mean it sold out? That quickly?! Crap.
    That is really strange… I would be very surprised if it sold out that quickly for all versions. I managed to get a pre-order in two days ago, and my pre-order is still listed on my Orders Page with Amazon, but the product page is basically blank now.

    Hopefully it goes back up soon.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    For those who care; De both the premium and songbird edition are now available for preorder on Amazon.de as well.

  18. #58
    Hey guys, quick question for anyone that may know. I see that pre-ordering from the official site is more or less the 2k store. Are they reliable for release date delivery? It doesn't seem like an option for shipping and can't find anything searching. I want to plan a day off for the release, which would probably be the day after.

    If not, I'll just wait until songbird edition comes up as not unavailable for me on amazon. And yes, I live in a very (core?) area of the U.S.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    For those who care; De both the premium and songbird edition are now available for preorder on Amazon.de as well.
    Premium Edition: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...remium+edition

    Ultimate Songbird Edition:http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ngbird+edition

  20. #60
    Doesn't work....I hope someone can answer this.

    I live in Mexico and i really want the Ultimate Songbird Edition but my question is, If i buy it with Irrational Games they can send the package to my country?

  21. Ah never knew they didn't work.

  22. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tejas (but I've lived all over)
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibrhan SánchezLozano View Post
    Doesn't work....I hope someone can answer this.

    I live in Mexico and i really want the Ultimate Songbird Edition but my question is, If i buy it with Irrational Games they can send the package to my country?
    Welcome to the forum.

    Well, the store does ship internationally. Plenty of our members have reported items being shipped to Europe, Australia, and South America. And the store specifically mentions international shipping:
    http://support.2k.com/entries/204787...k-store-orders

    I don't see why the game would be an exception, but you could always click their contact link at the very bottom of the store page and ask. Good luck!

  23. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    Well, the store does ship internationally. Plenty of our members have reported items being shipped to Europe, Australia, and South America. And the store specifically mentions international shipping:
    http://support.2k.com/entries/204787...k-store-orders

    I don't see why the game would be an exception, but you could always click their contact link at the very bottom of the store page and ask. Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your help. I had checked about the shipping but i wasn't really sure if Mexico would be one of the countries they ship to. I'll keep looking for news about this edition, i must have it.

    Thanks again

  24. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    That is really strange… I would be very surprised if it sold out that quickly for all versions. I managed to get a pre-order in two days ago, and my pre-order is still listed on my Orders Page with Amazon, but the product page is basically blank now.

    Hopefully it goes back up soon.
    Welp. My thoughts right now: NOOOOO

    God dammit.This game will sell a lot.

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by trugamer97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    For those who care; De both the premium and songbird edition are now available for preorder on Amazon.de as well.
    Stupid character limit not counting quotes.

  26. #66
    The only bad thing about this edition is that is limited :O!!!

  27. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tejas (but I've lived all over)
    Posts
    6,668
    I'm hoping the lack of online stock is a reflection of improperly updated websites, not a lack of editions available for order. Monday should tell us.

    I'd be surprised if these sold out that quick. But with PAX selling out in hours, and with crazy speculation on things like the BL2 Ultimate Loot Chest, crazy times may be upon us. If hundreds of these show up on Ebay, it's going to irk me. Heh.

  28. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,470
    I just got my preorder put in. Woohoo!

  29. #69
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    the mysterious land of Toronto Canada
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I just got my preorder put in. Woohoo!
    Yep, same here. Did it today! On another note; Sup y'all!

  30. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    It seems UK pre-order retailers are not getting any Ultimate Songbird Editions, is that true? Some of them had the Premium Edition listed a couple of hours ago (strangely not all UK retailers the can be found on the preorder page), but none of them have the Songbird Edition.

    Would love to see some official info about this.

  31. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10
    ig.ratana
    Can you say when preorder will be available for Russia?

  32. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogone View Post
    It seems UK pre-order retailers are not getting any Ultimate Songbird Editions, is that true? Some of them had the Premium Edition listed a couple of hours ago (strangely not all UK retailers the can be found on the preorder page), but none of them have the Songbird Edition.

    Would love to see some official info about this.
    I would also like some official info on were i can place a pre-order for the ultimate songbird edition in the UK

  33. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by *Hawk* View Post
    ig.ratana
    Can you say when preorder will be available for Russia?
    *Hawk*, yes and we're currently working with our retail partners to make the available very soon. Please keep checking back on the retailers found on www.preordernow.com. Thanks!

  34. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogone View Post
    It seems UK pre-order retailers are not getting any Ultimate Songbird Editions, is that true? Some of them had the Premium Edition listed a couple of hours ago (strangely not all UK retailers the can be found on the preorder page), but none of them have the Songbird Edition.

    Would love to see some official info about this.
    Hey there blackdogone! We're working with all of our retail partners to make both the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions available soon! Please keep checking back!

  35. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFire View Post
    I would also like some official info on were i can place a pre-order for the ultimate songbird edition in the UK
    Hi PurpleFire! The Ultimate Songbird Edition will indeed be available in the UK. We're currently working with our retail partners to make pre-orders available soon! Please continue to check back.

  36. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    251
    Argh! Amazon will not ship the Ultimate Songbird Edition to Colombia! Dammit! Will have to pre-order from the Irrational store and pay the extra 35 bucks

  37. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Hi PurpleFire! The Ultimate Songbird Edition will indeed be available in the UK. We're currently working with our retail partners to make pre-orders available soon! Please continue to check back.
    Thank you for reply i keep checking back

  38. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    *Update for the Ultimate Songbird Edition for the UK - we just got word that GAME will be an exclusive retailer for the Ultimate Songbird Edition. It's not available yet so please keep checking back!

  39. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    *Update for the Ultimate Songbird Edition for the UK - we just got word that GAME will be an exclusive retailer for the Ultimate Songbird Edition. It's not available yet so please keep checking back!
    Thanks for the update. The BI:USE being a GAME exclusive is a huge disappointment, as they don't ship any items over 1kg outside the UK. I live in a European country that is probably not even on the map for you, and I usually order all my rare gaming stuff from the UK. There are other UK retailers who ship heavier stuff here (some of them even included as pre-order retailers on the website), but GAME doesn't. Altough I understand this, I am extremely disappointed.

  40. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    I just went in to my local gamestop and asked about the premium edition preorder. The guy said it would be $25 for the preorder and then he looked it up and it was only $5 for premium and songbird edition. I thought about going with the songbird but instead I stuck with the premium. must be a glitch in Gamestops computers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •