Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 196

Thread: Official Premium and Ultimate Songbird Edition Information Thread and F.A.Q.

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogone View Post
    Thanks for the update. The BI:USE being a GAME exclusive is a huge disappointment, as they don't ship any items over 1kg outside the UK. I live in a European country that is probably not even on the map for you, and I usually order all my rare gaming stuff from the UK. There are other UK retailers who ship heavier stuff here (some of them even included as pre-order retailers on the website), but GAME doesn't. Altough I understand this, I am extremely disappointed.
    Where do you live exactly? Maybe there's another retailer that might be better suited to ship to where you are?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Where do you live exactly? Maybe there's another retailer that might be better suited to ship to where you are?
    I live in Hungary.

    Since the game should be in english, I guess my best bet is to order the USE from the Irrational Games Store, keep the goodies, sell the NTSC game disc via E-bay and buy a regular PAL version.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan29.Zapata View Post
    Argh! Amazon will not ship the Ultimate Songbird Edition to Colombia! Dammit! Will have to pre-order from the Irrational store and pay the extra 35 bucks
    The same with Mexico, it seems. It is available now but when i want to checkout you can read this: "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order." Happened to you? And i was planning to pre-order from the IG Store but that was plan B actually... żAlguien sabe por qué no estan haciendo envios a México y/o Colombia? Es una pena, y es que si llega a mi pais las tiendas especializadas lo van a vender muy caro. Amazon era mi esperanza

  4. #84
    For some reason I'm not able to pre order on the site. Keeps telling me when I click paypal that "The payment type is missing" and when I attempt by credit card "Sorry, we were unable to authorize payment with the provided payment information.". I'm am beyond disappointed. I have a visa if that is of any matter

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    I live in Romania. Will the Irrational Store ship the game there? I can't select Paypal as a payment method, and if I enter my credit card details, it says that it won't ship to that region, or the game has been deemed as mature and not recommended for my age (not the case). Can you direct me to a retailer that will ship to Romania, please? Thanks.
    Last edited by wraithblade; 10-23-2012 at 01:24 AM.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogone View Post
    Thanks for the update. The BI:USE being a GAME exclusive is a huge disappointment, as they don't ship any items over 1kg outside the UK. I live in a European country that is probably not even on the map for you, and I usually order all my rare gaming stuff from the UK. There are other UK retailers who ship heavier stuff here (some of them even included as pre-order retailers on the website), but GAME doesn't. Altough I understand this, I am extremely disappointed.
    I think you should try ordering BI:USE on GAME. I was able to do so about an hour ago. My order was confirmed regardless my shipping address. I've ordered it to be delivered to Lithuania. I must admit, at first I had some problems with address checking, specific format was required.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic_rectum View Post
    For some reason I'm not able to pre order on the site. Keeps telling me when I click paypal that "The payment type is missing" and when I attempt by credit card "Sorry, we were unable to authorize payment with the provided payment information.". I'm am beyond disappointed. I have a visa if that is of any matter
    Your BILLING (card) address should match your real address, the one your (card) bank knows. I don't know how precise it should be, though.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Nr Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    39
    GAME UK is now live. Just ordered the Songbird for Ł110

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    GAME UK is now live. Just ordered the Songbird for Ł110
    Can anybody confirm how many Song Bird Editions are available Worldwide?

    It's all well and good saying limited, secure your copy now etc - but I want to know how many copies are being supplied to UK for example (i.e what is GAME allocation of stock)....

    10,000 units
    5,000 units

    This is important as if it's anything like Bioshock 2 and 1 to some extent they I will wait for the price crash.

    Worldwide numbers would suffix, but UK numbers would be really useful and as they are only going through 1 retailer you can hopefully let me know...

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by thefunk007 View Post
    This is important as if it's anything like Bioshock 2 and 1 to some extent they I will wait for the price crash.
    Exactly the reason 2K are not going to make those number public.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    Exactly the reason 2K are not going to make those number public.
    Well if it's limited like they claim - what are the official numbers?

    I mean is it 250,000 units worldwide - they must be in a position to inform us and or want to!

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    Why would they want to?

    It is way more effective to simply say they are limited rather than giving a specific number.

  13. I have been able to pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition for myself and the Premium Edition for my girlfriend yesterday night. I am so glad about it. The money is really worth it in my opinion. I think that the both editions are very great and I like the goodies you will get with these editions. My personal highlight is the Songbird of course. Songbird gives me the creeps since I saw it for the first time and still is a creepy but totally amazing creature/machine/being. I really like the design and style of it, the Big Daddy of the skies, you could say. The same goes for the other stuff you will get with the collectors editions. I am really looking forward for the release and I am more than happy to be able to get the super-awesome Ultimate Songbird Edition and now all we can do is waiting for the release.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    Why would they want to?

    It is way more effective to simply say they are limited rather than giving a specific number.
    Then they won't really be limited then and mass produced - I won't order as this will drop by half 1 month after release just like Bioshock 1 and 2.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thefunk007 View Post
    Then they won't really be limited then and mass produced - I won't order as this will drop by half 1 month after release just like Bioshock 1 and 2.
    This is completely up to you. If they say that it is limited, all we can do is to believe it. Of course they could fool us all and in reality they have got millions of these editions. But what about offering the numbers. If you want numbers, how can you be sure that they are real, if you do not believe them when they say that it is limited at all? What if they claim that there are just 5000 Songbird Editions worldwide and they simply fake the number. You will never know. You can not find, identify and ask everybody who has got one of them. You will never be able to check if there are just 5000 out there. So why do you want to question what Irrational is claiming? I personally do not have a problem to pre-order the collectors editions without knowing how many others were able to get one to. For me it counts that I am able to play the game and enjoy the nice goodies. Even if the price will drop by the half someday. I want to get this stuff as soon as possible and I want to be sure that I can get it. If you want to wait and risk that they are sold out before the release then it is, as I have said, up to you. Besides that Kirk is right. It is much more effective, if you do not tell everybody the exact numbers. Of course this is a marketing strategy. But who cares?

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by thefunk007 View Post
    Then they won't really be limited then and mass produced - I won't order as this will drop by half 1 month after release just like Bioshock 1 and 2.
    Yeah it will. The amount produced doesn't matter. They can make a million of them and it would still be limited. The point is that it is limited to a single production. A certain number of them will be produced once and then never again.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    I'm trying to pre-order at the Irrational store, however...

    I cannot proceed to the checkout screen when trying to use Paypal as my payment method. After clicking Checkout nothing happens, instead a red text appears saying "The payment type is missing" even though I clearly selected the Paypal option. I checked all the information I entered multiple times, and nothing is missing/incorrect. I know of someone else who had the exact same problem as well.
    Could someone please look into this?

    Also, first post Hello everybody!
    Last edited by iCake; 10-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    I'm trying to pre-order at the Irrational store, however...

    I cannot proceed to the checkout screen when trying to use Paypal as my payment method. After clicking Checkout nothing happens, instead a red text appears saying "The payment type is missing" even though I clearly selected the Paypal option. I checked all the information I entered multiple times, and nothing is missing/incorrect. I know of someone else who had the exact same problem as well.
    Could someone please look into this?

    Also, first post Hello everybody!
    Had the same problem, just used a CC instead!

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    I think I might cancel, Amazon and Game Stop are selling these ?? I know Amazon gets these in by the pallets, I used to work there. Because of this I doubt the LIMITED quantities as stated. If they are I would like some PROOF..

  20. #100
    I'd like to know which courier company do you use for international shipping? I live in Mexico. Thanks
    Last edited by Gibrhan SánchezLozano; 10-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.

  21. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioshock_User1 View Post
    Had the same problem, just used a CC instead!
    If I could I would use a credit card, yes. Unfortunately I do not have one, so Paypal is the only choice I have. But my only option doesn't seem to work...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Dkslade View Post
    I think I might cancel, Amazon and Game Stop are selling these ?? I know Amazon gets these in by the pallets, I used to work there. Because of this I doubt the LIMITED quantities as stated. If they are I would like some PROOF..
    I do not understand why you want a proof at all. If they say that it is limited, you can believe it or not. There is no way to prove it. If you are not believing them when they say that it is limited, why would you believe them, if they would show or tell you specific numbers? And what is discussion about at all? If you say that you do not want to buy the limited editons, nobody will force you to do. Both limited packages, the premium and Songbird editions are collectors editions and they are made as a special offer to the fans who would like to get more than just the game alone. As I have said before, if you feel like that you want to risk it you can wait until the game has been released and try to get one of those editions then afterwards. If they are all sold out, you will not be able to get one. If they are still out for sale, you will maybe be able to get one even cheaper. It's all up to you and therefore your decision. And even if you say that Amazon gets a lot of them....they still could be limited to what they get. Besides that all. Why should Irrational prove something at all? Just because you want it? I for example want Bioshock Infinite right now. So where the heck is my game? You see?

  23. #103
    I think the takeaway here, is that customers are getting confused by the word 'limited'. In the context of a video game special edition, it solely means that, once sold out, there will not be more of that version made available. There will be more copies of the normal version of the game, printed as needed. I think you should only buy the limited edition if you actually like the unique additional content being offered, and should not concern yourself with how many other people will also have that content. I also think too much is made of the underselling of limited editions.

    Unless your concerns are more related to resale value and selling on eBay, which I think Irrational would have even less reason to assuage your concerns about the limited availability of these editions...

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoonstar View Post
    I do not understand why you want a proof at all. If they say that it is limited, you can believe it or not. There is no way to prove it. If you are not believing them when they say that it is limited, why would you believe them, if they would show or tell you specific numbers? And what is discussion about at all? If you say that you do not want to buy the limited editons, nobody will force you to do. Both limited packages, the premium and Songbird editions are collectors editions and they are made as a special offer to the fans who would like to get more than just the game alone. As I have said before, if you feel like that you want to risk it you can wait until the game has been released and try to get one of those editions then afterwards. If they are all sold out, you will not be able to get one. If they are still out for sale, you will maybe be able to get one even cheaper. It's all up to you and therefore your decision. And even if you say that Amazon gets a lot of them....they still could be limited to what they get. Besides that all. Why should Irrational prove something at all? Just because you want it? I for example want Bioshock Infinite right now. So where the heck is my game? You see?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by yodashins View Post
    I think the takeaway here, is that customers are getting confused by the word 'limited'. In the context of a video game special edition, it solely means that, once sold out, there will not be more of that version made available. There will be more copies of the normal version of the game, printed as needed. I think you should only buy the limited edition if you actually like the unique additional content being offered, and should not concern yourself with how many other people will also have that content. I also think too much is made of the underselling of limited editions.

    Unless your concerns are more related to resale value and selling on eBay, which I think Irrational would have even less reason to assuage your concerns about the limited availability of these editions...
    And that is exactly what I say. Who cares about the number of limited editions out there. If you just want to get the unique stuff that comes with those editions. I do not understand the reason for this discussion at all. Everybody who wants the limited edition and it's content should get it. All others can buy the game itself, if they are not interested in the special goodies. But it surely is a risk to wait until the price drops IF you want to afford a collectors editon since, as you have said, if they are all sold, there will be no more of them. And it could even be possible that the price rises afterwards, since the items will become even rarer.

  25. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoonstar View Post
    And that is exactly what I say. Who cares about the number of limited editions out there. If you just want to get the unique stuff that comes with those editions. I do not understand the reason for this discussion at all. Everybody who wants the limited edition and it's content should get it. All others can buy the game itself, if they are not interested in the special goodies. But it surely is a risk to wait until the price drops IF you want to afford a collectors editon since, as you have said, if they are all sold, there will be no more of them. And it could even be possible that the price rises afterwards, since the items will become even rarer.
    I agree Fullmoonstar, i don't care at all. I just wanted all the extras with the Song Bird Ultimate edition. Primarily for me it's to support irrational games. I can't wait to get it, their games to me personally are not like the rest, they are story rich and a gaming experience not to be missed. Happy to help support the company. I agree with all you say. I just again want to thank IG for creating such unique incredible gaming experiences. You guys truly set yourselves apart from the competition.

  26. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    I would also have to agree with you on the hopeless fanboy ordeal. Although I admit that I'm a hopeless fanboy, who preordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition immediately after I got a hold of the news, I do have some feelings of disappointment in the back of my mind. I feel that the Ultimate Songbird Edition is a little too bland for such a large price hike over the Premium Edition. For that $70 increase the songbird statue plus a season pass or a full size vigor bottle, just something! Get creative Irrational! Finally I would like to say that I am looking forward to the art book, the linen cover is indeed a nice touch, and the songbird statue looks absolutely amazing. The game looks incredible as far as I know, so keep up the good work Irrational!

  27. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    If I could I would use a credit card, yes. Unfortunately I do not have one, so Paypal is the only choice I have. But my only option doesn't seem to work...
    iCake, we're currently working with PayPal to get this back up and running on the Irrational Games Store by the end of today. Thanks for standing by!

  28. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    iCake, we're currently working with PayPal to get this back up and running on the Irrational Games Store by the end of today. Thanks for standing by!
    After my attempt to pre-order at the IG Store I used Bol.com instead, just to be sure I didn't miss out on the Ultimate Songbird Edition. Afterwards about 2 days back, I did manage to use Paypal to order some lithographs though, don't know what's up with that. Anyway, good to hear it's being worked on.

  29. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    19
    Looks like the U.S.E. sold out again on Amazon for all 3 platforms! The "Sign up to be alerted for availability" message popped up again.

    the Premium Edition however is still available for preorder, though. If anyone's interested.

  30. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    iCake, we're currently working with PayPal to get this back up and running on the Irrational Games Store by the end of today. Thanks for standing by!
    Thanks for that update Ratana, the normal method to pay with a cc for some reason would not work with my debit card. I never have issues with paypal though so I am very glad to hear this.

  31. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Hi Bioshock-Team,
    I have some questions about the retail versions and I hope you could give me an answer, because I really don't know which version I am going to buy. :-)
    • Is it possible to activate the serialnumber of these versions on STEAM so I could add it to my list?
    • Do I need a Microsoft Live Account (like in BioShock 2) to play the game?
    • If I am going to preorder the premium edition on Amazon, how do I get the access to that flash-game?
    • Will there be an protective DRM solution, so that you could only play the game when you are permanently connected with the Internet?


    Thanks in advance!

  32. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19
    Gone for the premium edition. Not fussed about the statue.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by nope View Post
    Hi Bioshock-Team,
    I have some questions about the retail versions and I hope you could give me an answer, because I really don't know which version I am going to buy. :-)
    • If I am going to preorder the premium edition on Amazon, how do I get the access to that flash-game?

    Thanks in advance!
    Well I am not from the Irrational Team, but I can answer this question for you. Amazon will send the code to you, you will need to activate your account in order to play Industrial Revolution via email, shortly after you have pre-ordered. At least that was how I got it. If they do not send it to you within two days, talk to the custom-service and they will help you and send out the code-email.

  34. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Hi!

    I'm from France and I just checked if there were any Limited Songbird edition available to pre-order in the different retailers, but I only find PS3 or 360 versions.

    Will there be some PC version of the Songbird edition available?

    Thanks for answers!

    Best Regards!

  35. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by nope View Post
    Hi Bioshock-Team,
    I have some questions about the retail versions and I hope you could give me an answer, because I really don't know which version I am going to buy. :-)
    • Is it possible to activate the serialnumber of these versions on STEAM so I could add it to my list?
    • Do I need a Microsoft Live Account (like in BioShock 2) to play the game?
    • If I am going to preorder the premium edition on Amazon, how do I get the access to that flash-game?
    • Will there be an protective DRM solution, so that you could only play the game when you are permanently connected with the Internet?


    Thanks in advance!
    Hi nope, fullmoonstar is correct regarding Amazon. They will email you the access code for Industrial Revolution after you've placed a pre-order. I will look into your other questions and keep you posted.

  36. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermomix View Post
    Hi!

    I'm from France and I just checked if there were any Limited Songbird edition available to pre-order in the different retailers, but I only find PS3 or 360 versions.

    Will there be some PC version of the Songbird edition available?

    Thanks for answers!

    Best Regards!
    Hi Thermomix, the PC version of the Ultimate Songbird Edition is now available for pre-order on Amazon.fr: http://www.amazon.fr/BioShock-Infini...1605512&sr=8-2

    Hope this helps!

  37. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the anwser!

    I hoped that I would be able to order with one of my usual retailer!

    I just pre-order the Songbird edition through the link you gave me!
    Thanks!

  38. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raccoon City
    Posts
    28
    I wanted the Songbird Edition so bad, but I only had enough for the regular edition.

    POVERTY SUCKS.

  39. #119
    I don't want to sound offensive or anything, but I hope that this time the shipping agency doesn't let the container with the Songbird edition fall to the ground.

    I don't think my heart could take that disappointment.

    But still, can't wait to get this one CE!
    Hopefully they have learnt their lesson from what happened with the BioShock Collectors Edition. My Big Daddies drill was in two pieces Should just invest in bubble wrap this time!

  40. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tejas (but I've lived all over)
    Posts
    6,669
    Irrational just posted a nice detailed video about Songbird in the blog:
    http://irrationalgames.com/insider/u...-and-personal/

    Heh. I keep seeing comments about the broken Big Daddy's pop up. That was a freak accident, so no worries. Even so, 2K really went above and beyond, replacing those and giving out a free art book as compensation. (Funny trivia: Remember the BioShock 2 unboxing video? The shelf that the BD knocks over? Those are returned BD statues that go flying. LOL.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •