Thread: Gamebreaking: Cant finish Temple Ship - Doors wont open at all.

Gamebreaking: Cant finish Temple Ship - Doors wont open at all.

I managed to get through the game in ironman mode pretty easily and it was mostly bugfree, from one little incident with a stuck soldier in a tank after trying to land beside it. But now i am inside the final Templeship and i cant continue after this first huge room with these several levels. All the doors wont show up. the rest of the ship is just greyed out and you cant walk there. no enemies are left, no clue or hint on what to do, no one can enter, no one comes out. Seems like game over to me...but ...why? Can only be a nasty bug...

Help would be appreciated...

There has to be aliens left somewhere. You need to check every corner and every unopened door.

I had this issue on one of my saves as well. Spent about half an hour moving the soldiers around to try to find any remaining aliens, there were definitely none anywhere as I covered the entire map.

But then after one of my moves an alien spawned where one of my soldiers had just moved from (I know it hadnt been there before as it literally appeared in the spot I had been standing one turn earlier), killed it and was able to continue.

So all I can suggest is to carry on moving around in the hope that it triggers any remaining aliens to appear.

This happend to me now. I have been running around the map with six soldiers for 30-35 min and nothing!!! This is the second game breaking bug for me!!! I had the one when you come back from a mission and you are stuck at the "globe". :-(

I have been waiting for this game since they announced it but to release a game with game breaking bugs is not doing anybody any favors. I could have waited a month and got a game that is playable. There is no point playing it if you can not play it as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by mediainvita View Post
    I managed to get through the game in ironman mode pretty easily and it was mostly bugfree, from one little incident with a stuck soldier in a tank after trying to land beside it. But now i am inside the final Templeship and i cant continue after this first huge room with these several levels. All the doors wont show up. the rest of the ship is just greyed out and you cant walk there. no enemies are left, no clue or hint on what to do, no one can enter, no one comes out. Seems like game over to me...but ...why? Can only be a nasty bug...

Help would be appreciated...
    At one point in this mission I found three small doors that only showed up if I used the mouse wheel to go up a level. They did not have any icon on them and could not be opened. I could not move through them either. I just used a blaster launcher to get through. Maybe you can solve your problem in a similar manner.

Well, i have scouted the map twice on every level now. I have shot a rocket at the doors, that wont open, i have scouted every area...its a pain in the a** tbh. But its not working at all. Whoever is responsible for blocked doors, that work that way, should reconsider working in that industry. Honestly, i should be able to move forward even with aliens around in the earlier areas. Ecspecially if they can't get it done well enough to allow everyone to continue...just stupid

and what makes it even worse...i am playing ironman. Which means, i cant even load an earlier game. WELL done programmers, well done!

In my game, there was a Thin Man who shot at me as I passed by, but I couldn't find him for the longest time (the cam shot was at a weird angle). Had I not been shot at by overwatch, I wouldn't have even known he was there!

Same problem, really disheartening way to end Ironman.

Like others, I have swept every inch of the available ship numerous times (lined my soldiers up 6 abreast and went front to back, back to front, side to side, around every corner and obstacle) no luck... even burnt up all my fuel on flying soldiers.

***Besides, an alien still being alive has never stopped one of my soldiers from being able to walk through a door.

This happened to me last night. I couldn't even SEE the doors unless the camera was one level above the doors level... However, when some Floaters appeared I noticed one of them dropped through the highest platform and then was never seen again. I had to reload my save. Find out next week if it happens again.

Perhaps the new patch will be released by then and fix this, so I can beat the game.

you can restart the mission from the beginning

That's great and all, but I'd like to beat the mission/game. Not be stuck in final mission purgatory.

I ran into this issue last night. I know I saw two floaters at one point but one of them flew off. Do I just need to find him then before I'll be able to continue on?

I'm going to move all my guys back to the start to gray out the rest of the map hoping he will spawn back in.

Thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Huzardadi View Post
    I ran into this issue last night. I know I saw two floaters at one point but one of them flew off. Do I just need to find him then before I'll be able to continue on?

I'm going to move all my guys back to the start to gray out the rest of the map hoping he will spawn back in.

Thoughts on this?
    That seems to be a "work around," hunt for them and eventually (maybe) they'll spawn in so you can kill them and proceed.

However, if you don't find him and he doesn't spawn. You'll want to kill your psi-unit with psi-storm and restart the level. Since reloading a save can cause the same issue to occur. I'll find out tonight if I can proceed past the first room. *fingers crossed*

Sad to lose high level psi on ironman due to bug. Oh well - I already feel like I won the game. Now it's just a matter of seeing the end of the mission.

Sad to lose high level psi on ironman due to bug. Oh well - I already feel like I won the game. Now it's just a matter of seeing the end of the mission.
    I may be mistaken, but I thought this was the ONLY mission that would let you restart the mission. Even on ironman.

Oh like I kill my dude - but it lets me try again?

Yes. Kill your chosen one. The psi-unit who went into the Gallop Chamber.

I found this with a quick google search:

Refer to post #11

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...through-a-door

Great link thanks - I totally MC'd an alient but pretty sure I killed him after it wore off...

You're welcome. Hopefully you can get 'er done.

Same to you bud

So an update to this bug. I killed my chosen one which did allow me to restart the mission even though I'm on Ironman.

However the same situation happened the second time through. I activited two floaters sitting on the upper middle path in the room after the cyberdisks. One floater moves into a covered position but the second moves out of site and disappears through the floor or something. I was a little frustrated when I saw that happen again. However this time around and I was running in all directions attempting to activate the alien, he did pop out. Got a cheap shot on one of my guys out of cover but at least I was able to move on and complete the mission.

It's a sloppy fix but it worked for me. Thanks for all those that helped me on this.

I had this same issue a week or so ago. Made it all the way to the second to final room, where a group of elite mutons is supposed to spawn at the top of the stairs/ramp. Except them never spawned. To trigger the doors opening you apparently need to kill the mutons, but if the don't spawn, you can't kill them.

I ended up having to scrap that playthough. No big deal since I was literally like 2 minutes from the end, and I had beaten the game already. But if this was my first playthrough, I would have been very mad.

So an update to this bug. I killed my chosen one which did allow me to restart the mission even though I'm on Ironman.

However the same situation happened the second time through. I activited two floaters sitting on the upper middle path in the room after the cyberdisks. One floater moves into a covered position but the second moves out of site and disappears through the floor or something. I was a little frustrated when I saw that happen again. However this time around and I was running in all directions attempting to activate the alien, he did pop out. Got a cheap shot on one of my guys out of cover but at least I was able to move on and complete the mission.

It's a sloppy fix but it worked for me. Thanks for all those that helped me on this.
    Happy to hear you got through. On Friday that same Floater had me worried, he spawned and dropped through the floor again. During the Alien Activity he popped out from underneath the walkway and was then destroyed by a Mind Fray. From there everything was "normal" and I finished the game.