* The game will feature 3 families.
* Cops only call reinforcements if you committed a large enough crime.
* In total, there are about 2 hours of cutscenes.
* The game will contain references to the original game along with easter eggs.
* The game has 3 acts.
* All of the 2.5 square mile city available for travel at the start.
* You can use taxi's to get around the city.
* Cars get damaged, dirty, and even explode if shot in the gas tank.
* You can customize cars with your own license plates.
* There are 2 types of context sensitive environment interactions: Standard and Violent.
* You can buy food from vendors such as hotdogs.
* While buying stuff you cannot be attacked.
* NPC's will smoke, read newspapers, wait for buses, look through trash cans, etc.
* In several points in the story, you can make choices that affect the game.
* The game will feature multiple endings.
* Police will go after other criminals instead of just you
* You can buy houses where you can store your gear
* You can take missions for and against competing families.
* There will be many interactive objects such as chairs, bottles, sinks, etc.
* The map will have waypoints including sidequests.
* Checkpoints have improved from the original game.
* There will be no on screen interface.
* You can go to gyms to learn new hand to hand combo moves.
* Shooting through doors will possibly be added.