Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Information Thread and F.A.Q.

I saw the intro on steam and followed the instructions, still nothing though, must be a glitch on the other end...

I also pre-ordered from Best Buy and did not receive a code..Will it take a couple of days like it is for Gamestop? I am itching to play!

---------------------------------------------------------

Face it, my dear. You were born to kiss the stars.

i understand that there are faction specific rewards at the end of Industrial Revolution, and I understand you cannot play through again to receive both. Would it be possible to obtain another pre-order code and use it on a second account to receive both rewards?

Here is an article on Joystiq talking to the founder of Lazy 8 about the Industrial Revolution - http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/22/la...uti/#continued

Quote Originally Posted by ApeLincoln View Post
    i understand that there are faction specific rewards at the end of Industrial Revolution, and I understand you cannot play through again to receive both. Would it be possible to obtain another pre-order code and use it on a second account to receive both rewards?
    From what I've seen the faction specfic rewards are just an image pack consisting of a facebook avatar, facebook cover photo and twitter background (you can see them on you tube already). I don't think there is anything different you will unlock in the game itself if you go with one faction or the other.

But hey, I'm stuck on about puzzle 28 so what would I know... (Also, since I don't use FB or Twitter, I'm not fussed about the image pack anyway lol)

Oh, also curious, is anyone having a tough time picking a faction? Cuz man I'm finding it tough, they both have the pros and cons, which I guess is what IG were looking for....*shakes fist*

Preordered the Premium Edition on Amazon.uk yesterday, sent them an email about the Industrial Revolution code, got the following answer:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you've not yet received your code for the Industrial Revolution of Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3).

I've checked our website and can confirm that we do not list any preorder promotion for the Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3). This is the reason why you've not received your order.
    What gives?

Yeah, I haven't gotten any code from my Amazon pre-order either. It was posted at the top before I confirmed my order so I'm sure it exists. (I ordered for the 360 btw.)

Hi. Did what the FAQ recommended with Amazon. Cancelled my pre-order (ordered since March) and reordered yesterday. Still no code in email. I just live-chatted with an Amazon rep, who claimed I would not received the promotional code until 2-3 days AFTER the game releases (in February!) I explained this could not be correct. She forwarded my info to their promotions team, who I am hoping will not only send me the code ASAP, but also educate their CS team. If there is anything Irrational or 2K can do to help, we'd all appreciate it, I'm sure. Thanks.

Amazon UK have now updated their listings for the standard edition of the game to include the Industrial Revolution pre-order bonus, but not their listings for the premium edition. Could someone please confirm if the premium edition won't be getting the bonus? Might have to downgrade (but the keychain, figure and book look mighty appealing).

Is it impossible to get any of this content later on in a normal copy of the game? Are the weapons exclusive to this version forever, or just for a certain amount of time?

I really would like this clear, out of all Guns/Weapons/Firearms in the game, some are only available through "BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution"? Is that so?

Define these weapons, is it the same kind we have seen in trailers? Actual weapons? Which can't be obtained other than doing whatever this version wants you to do?
    Last edited by Z008MJ; 10-23-2012 at 01:29 PM.

What if you pre-order from GameStop and Best Buy, but in the coming months you find you can't afford both and must cancel one? This would cancel the Industrial Revolution code as well, correct? It would make sense.

If you use the redeem code once can you ever do it again? Like if you accidentally left the browser or is it on your account?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaScience View Post
    What if you pre-order from GameStop and Best Buy, but in the coming months you find you can't afford both and must cancel one? This would cancel the Industrial Revolution code as well, correct? It would make sense.
    Yes I have the same question. That and I still haven't gotten my code, I'll just wait though.

Amazon customer service is telling me that they have no idea about the redeem codes for access to the game, they keep telling me that they'll get back to me in 3-5 days >_>

I've read that others have already gotten their codes, why am I having such trouble?

How about if we ordered from the Irrational Games store? I haven't received a code yet and it seems like we should get one as well?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kei Vermillion View Post
    Amazon customer service is telling me that they have no idea about the redeem codes for access to the game, they keep telling me that they'll get back to me in 3-5 days >_>

I've read that others have already gotten their codes, why am I having such trouble?
    I'm also still waiting for mine and they told me to wait, just like in your case. Never had this much trouble ordering from them.

Pre-ordered PS3 & Xbox 360 copies (Ultimate and Limited) from Futureshop in Canada - got no codes. They stared at me with blank expressions when asked...had nothing in their systems.

Talked to some guys at work today and they knew about IR but not about how to get the codes... Come on Best Buy!
    I've also not received any sort of answer on if this will be sorted out. I cancelled and re-ordered.. The website from the FAQ says that Best Buy is an authorized retailer..

I want my code.

I pre-ordered the Songbird Edition through Irrational Games itself on their site, no outside retailer. That was 3 days ago and I have yet to receive my code. What steps should I be taking so that I can start participating in the puzzle-solving wonder that is Industrial Revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Paeregrine View Post
    I pre-ordered the Songbird Edition through Irrational Games itself on their site, no outside retailer. That was 3 days ago and I have yet to receive my code. What steps should I be taking so that I can start participating in the puzzle-solving wonder that is Industrial Revolution?
    Yes, what Paeregrine said x2!! I put in a ticket the day I pre-ordered in hope of getting a code so I can start playing. No response yet...hopefully soon!

I have a problem, and hopefully this wasn't answered already, and if so, I apologize. I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition I believe 2 or 3 days BEFORE this was announced. So I called Gamestop, (where I pre-ordered from) The rep told me "you'll get the code the day the game is released". That can't be right, because it says "play today". He didn't give me a code or send a email with the code in it. What else can I do? I really want to play this

Steam users

*Update*

Steam pre-orders and users do not require a code. First go to www.finkmanufacturing.com and click on "Redeem Code" (even though you don't have one). Then sign in with a facebook account or by creating a new account. Once you're past the login window, select Steam as your platform of choice which will then show you the following message:

For Steam pre-orders only: When you click this button you will be brought to the Steam Community site. You will need to login to verify your account. Once your account has been verified, and we have confirmed that you have pre-ordered BioShock Infinite on Steam, you will be brought back here to complete the registration. If you did not pre-order the game with Steam, select "PC" as your platform, and enter the sixteen digit code you received with your pre-order.

Click on the "Sign in through Steam" button and it will bring you to this page. Sign in using your Steam account and you're done.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by ig.ratana; 10-24-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Updated with detailed information

23. I got my Code from Amazon.de today. Now there is just the problem left, that I do not get the email to verify my account for Industrial Revolution. I really hope that this can be fixed. I am really looking forward to play it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeper View Post
    Preordered the Premium Edition on Amazon.uk yesterday, sent them an email about the Industrial Revolution code, got the following answer:

What gives?
    Hi Darkeeper, we're looking into this and we'll get you an update as soon as we hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Systemaddict View Post
    Pre-ordered PS3 & Xbox 360 copies (Ultimate and Limited) from Futureshop in Canada - got no codes. They stared at me with blank expressions when asked...had nothing in their systems.
    Systemaddict, Futureshop will have codes by the end of the week. Please give them a call before you head back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paeregrine View Post
    Hey Paeregrine, the Irrational Games Store will be sending out codes very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by appleman1746 View Post
    I have a problem, and hopefully this wasn't answered already, and if so, I apologize. I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition I believe 2 or 3 days BEFORE this was announced. So I called Gamestop, (where I pre-ordered from) The rep told me "you'll get the code the day the game is released". That can't be right, because it says "play today". He didn't give me a code or send a email with the code in it. What else can I do? I really want to play this
    Hi appleman1746, if you placed a pre-order prior to the announcement of Industrial Revolution, you'll need to go back to the original GameStop and they'll be able to renew your pre-order with a code. Hope this helps!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Hey Paeregrine, the Irrational Games Store will be sending out codes very soon.
    Thanks so much for the speedy, polite, and helpful response. I look forward to playing.

Systemaddict, Futureshop will have codes by the end of the week. Please give them a call before you head back in.
    Is BestBuy Canada going to do the same? How would I go about getting a code from BestBuy.ca. I ordered online, so should I wait for an email, or do I need to contact them first?

Thanks in advance.

Hi appleman1746, if you placed a pre-order prior to the announcement of Industrial Revolution, you'll need to go back to the original GameStop and they'll be able to renew your pre-order with a code. Hope this helps!
    So ig.ratana when will Amazon orders receive the code?

Just received my code from Amazon.uk. Had to cancel it and preorder again. Got it in less than 3 hours afterwards.

Any word on Best Buy? Are they getting the codes by the end of the week like Futureshop?? I am seriously disappointed that I cannot take part in this. I usually never pre-order but this seemed fun. I don't know if I will pre-order again due to the issues at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent_Delight View Post
    Any word on Best Buy? Are they getting the codes by the end of the week like Futureshop?? I am seriously disappointed that I cannot take part in this.
    Is there a time limit associated with this? Seems like you have until Feb 2013 to take part in this.

I just got back from the closest Best Buy to me - I was their first BioShock Infinite pre-order. It seems they have old pre-order cards which don't cover the Industrial Revolution code, which they took away after we brought up the fact they had two different cards. After pre-ordering, we found no code on the receipt and had them look into it. I wasn't sure if Best Buy retail stores in the US were having the same problem as their online, Canadian counterparts, but they are. He said to check back sometime for when it is fixed and they'll redo the pre-order with it.

Point being, check your receipts. Any word on what if we must cancel one pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Is there a time limit associated with this? Seems like you have until Feb 2013 to take part in this.
    No not really...But I would like to do it sometime soon. I wanted to play to tide me over until the release...I just wish it would get fixed...Just kind of a disappointment.

@Mega: I didn't use a card.. we have a kiosk for the orders at my store and nothing was on the receipt.. I'll cancel and do it all again when they get it resolved.

Yep, it should be on the receipt in the case of Best Buy. Wait until the problem is confirmed solved and check back with them to be sure they know it as well. Considering Best Buy isn't solely games, not sure they'd know right off, but they should get some indication maybe on their systems. Then they'd just redo your order, I believe.

Uh oh...i'm so greedy...spent 3 days doing those mini games and now I'm all done..I told myself 1 puzzle a day...but alas...

I'm wondering how the in-game rewards will be activate in the actual game,will you receive some code and then insert it in the main menu? Not gonna activate them,just wanting to know,any ideas?

im stuck on #16 bucking bronco, is there a hint page or solution page..feeling a bit dumb but cant seem to solve this one

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast