Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Information Thread and F.A.Q.

Quote Originally Posted by AttiC View Post
    I'm wondering how the in-game rewards will be activate in the actual game,will you receive some code and then insert it in the main menu? Not gonna activate them,just wanting to know,any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Claiming Your Rewards

I've unlocked rewards for BioShock Infinite in Industrial Revolution. How do I claim them in my game?

On the day that BioShock Infinite is available, we will email you a one-time-use code to claim your rewards. You will also be able to access this code here on this website by clicking the "My Rewards" button.
    Funny how quotes don't count as text, even if you're replying with a quote. Anyway, what do you mean by not activating? Not activating what?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaScience View Post
    Funny how quotes don't count as text, even if you're replying with a quote. Anyway, what do you mean by not activating? Not activating what?
    Don't know how I missed this from the OP,anyway,thanks.I mean,I won't use the rewards,the advantanges,I rather play the vanilla way.

I'm in Canada and I pre-ordered from EB Games, have a few questions.

For Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, the 10-character feedback number on the bottom of the receipt was used for pre-order purposes. Is it the same in for IR? I had originally pre-ordered the game a couple weeks ago in person but went back yesterday (Oct. 24) to change my pre-order to a Premium edition. I'm guessing that makes my pre-order eligible for IR. Now, do I have to go back to EB Games and ask for a code for IR?

And any ETA for Canada in the age gate for IR?

You will get a specifically designated pre-order code on your receipt. In order to get it, if you had it pre-ordered before this began, you will have to have then cancel and remake your pre-order. Then you'd get it on that receipt. If it isn't on yours, you should ask them to confirm if they are having any problems with pre-order codes on pre-orders for the game.

I think so...

Quote Originally Posted by luukdeman111 View Post
    Earning In-Game cash and weapons for the actual game sounds like a game ruiner for me.... I am very interested in the puzzle game itself though. Is there a way to play it without having Bioshock: Infinite spammed with extra money from the start?
    I think your rewards won't kick in unless you enter the code they are to email you once the game ships. If you don't enter the code, you shouldn't have the rewards...

TO ALL THOSE WONDERING ABOUT BEST BUY:
    I pre-ordered my copy online from Best Buy. It took about 3 days for me to receive my e-mail code, so it seems to be running the same as the rest of the pre-orders. Just give them some time to verify your info, and you should get the code.

Just a heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow74_2001 View Post
    I pre-ordered my copy online from Best Buy. It took about 3 days for me to receive my e-mail code, so it seems to be running the same as the rest of the pre-orders. Just give them some time to verify your info, and you should get the code.

Just a heads-up.
    Thanks for the update scarecrow74_2001!

Just a heads-up.
    I ordered from BB last night, and panicked when I did not get a code with the receipt or after waiting three minutes for a followup email.
    Thank you for the info about your experience.

UPDATE - I did get my code via email, within 24 hours of placing the order.

Ed
    Last edited by eabaggot; 10-27-2012 at 08:37 PM.

That's cool,one of the rewards are 5 lockpicks,I wonder how this lockpick thing is gonna work in-game,if it's something similar to Fallout 3 system or different.

So, I waited about 3-4 days, and still have yet to receive any code from Gamestop. I even went into my local Gamestop to see if I could obtain a code by showing my email confirmation. The man at the counter told me the exact same thing, that the IR code will be released alongside the launch of the game. I told him that these codes were supposed to be released at time or a little while after pre-order, but in the system I suppose it says otherwise. He said if you pick up the game in store, on the receipt you receive it will have the code print out on it. At this point I might as well wait, if it is to be released at launch, I can play this game alongside infinite and earn these in game rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Viewtifuljunkie View Post
    So, I waited about 3-4 days, and still have yet to receive any code from Gamestop. I even went into my local Gamestop to see if I could obtain a code by showing my email confirmation. The man at the counter told me the exact same thing, that the IR code will be released alongside the launch of the game. I told him that these codes were supposed to be released at time or a little while after pre-order, but in the system I suppose it says otherwise. He said if you pick up the game in store, on the receipt you receive it will have the code print out on it. At this point I might as well wait, if it is to be released at launch, I can play this game alongside infinite and earn these in game rewards.
    Hi viewtifuljunkie, did you place your pre-order online or in-store? GameStop.com should take up to 2 days to send out the codes but since it's been 3-4 days already, I'd recommend calling their customer support.

Well, actually I pre-ordered the day they announced the collector editions. That was about a week ago. When I saw the announcement for IR, the first thing I did was call customer support, and they told me the same thing that the associate at Gamestop told me today. I will call customer support today as you recommend, but at this point I've just about given up on receiving the code, and for me, it wouldn't be such a big deal about receiving this code later on down the road. It was just the principle of the matter that irked me, but I'm fine with it.

Just a quick update, but I called gamestop support, the rep told me more or less what I already knew. She said the codes come from the manufacturer, then to them, then they are able to send them out. She said give it a couple more weeks and see if it's sent out, and if not, I'll receive it when the game launches. I actually have no problem with this now since I was told this three times already haha.

If you pre-ordered before IR was announced, you'd need to have them reinitialize your pre-order. AKA cancel and remake it. That's what the OP says, I believe. If you have them remake the pre-order, you should get the code.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaScience View Post
    If you pre-ordered before IR was announced, you'd need to have them reinitialize your pre-order. AKA cancel and remake it. That's what the OP says, I believe. If you have them remake the pre-order, you should get the code.
    Yeah, I figured that's what I'd have to do. The rep from Gamestop said there is still some kind of pre-order bonus to receive, so even if I don't get the code now and wait until Infinite is launched, I might end up getting the code anyway in the long run. Besides, if this is the case, it actually sounds a bit better, because I won't just go straight into Infinite with all these Vigors, Nostrums, and Silver Eagles right off the bat. I'd actually get more enjoyment out of playing it right alongside Infinite, now that I think about it.

Well Industrial Revolution doesn't inject all this directly into your game. On launch day, you receive an email with a code to unlock whatever you have unlocked in the game. I'm actually unsure what happens if you try to play after launch - if you'll still get a code with what you've won. You probably do, but in a different way... Just, I haven't heard mention of that to know what they do. Point being, until someone who knows can provide information on that, you might be better off getting Industrial Revolution before the launch to be sure.

And make sure to let Ratana have a word in on the situation as well, as I'm not as knowledgeable in the overall background for sure. When the codes were supposed to begin, I went to GameStop, made sure the codes were being printed before setting the pre-order, and they made sure to mark it off on the receipt, so I know at least some retailers are functioning.

By the way, the puzzles do get really hard - it may take someone up until February 26th to finish the game anyway. xD Although I finished them already, because I'm over-determined. lol

Yeah, I read about that you get a one-time code for the unlockables to transfer to your game, but in all honesty, I would much rather request a code for the Comstock China Broom shotgun from them, because I thought EBGames was owned or operated by Gamestop. I'd rather run around with that hahaha. But for sure, whenever Ratana gets on to see these posts, I'm sure they'll confirm what you said about cancelling and re-ordering the game, but it's actually cool. I'm probably one of the few gamers who is *now* content with not getting IR. I just want THE GAME. lol

I preordered my copy about a week ago from GameStops online store in the US. I just got the code in my email a couple days ago, but now I have nowhere to redeem it. The emails says to redeem here- http://www.gamestop.com/code though the only game you can redeem for is CoD Black Ops and a list of other games that hav already come out (not sure if similar to @viewtifuljunkie). Is anyone else having this similar trouble?
    I contacted customer service by phone and the rep said to wait until a month before the game is released before I could actually redeem it. Not sure if she was telling the true because she seemed like she didn't have a clue what was going on.

[EDIT] I figured it out. I clicked on the IR news link on the Irrational website. Why...so hard...

[EDIT 2] Just beat IR. Only found 3 of the puzzles 'unsolvable' and resorted to IGNs guide for those, other than that it was very much so entertaining. Vote Vox 1914!
    Last edited by atomic_rectum; 10-27-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Actually, the OP of this topic says exactly where the code goes. o.o Read the rest of it if you have any other confusion.

I just pre-ordered the game from the link provided on Irrational. I received the confirmation email, but there is no code to redeem. The site says I can start playing the puzzles today after placing the order, so I would think there would be no wait time or a separate email with the code at this point. Should there be another email coming shortly, or should I have gotten the code in the initial email? TIA

Pre-ordered from Play.com in the UK.

Looking forward to my code arriving.

Just a heads-up.
    I had to contact BestBuy support for them to process my pre-order correctly and have them send the key. However, they were very quick in resolving the issue. I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered before they knew about the Industrial Revolution bonus, even though it was already announced by IR.

Currently playing through the puzzles.

If I Preorders from Irrational Games when do I get my code?

Quote Originally Posted by Viewtifuljunkie View Post
    Well, actually I pre-ordered the day they announced the collector editions. That was about a week ago. When I saw the announcement for IR, the first thing I did was call customer support, and they told me the same thing that the associate at Gamestop told me today. I will call customer support today as you recommend, but at this point I've just about given up on receiving the code, and for me, it wouldn't be such a big deal about receiving this code later on down the road. It was just the principle of the matter that irked me, but I'm fine with it.
    Thanks for the update. Since you pre-ordered prior to the announcement of Industrial Revolution, you'll be required to renew your pre-order to receive your access code. This means that you'll need to go back to GameStop and have them place a new pre-order for you. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I just pre-ordered the game from the link provided on Irrational. I received the confirmation email, but there is no code to redeem. The site says I can start playing the puzzles today after placing the order, so I would think there would be no wait time or a separate email with the code at this point. Should there be another email coming shortly, or should I have gotten the code in the initial email? TIA
    Hi mesachick, you will receive your code in a separate email within a few business days from the day you placed your pre-order. If you still haven't received your code by then, please contact customer support via this link: http://support.2k.com/anonymous_requests/new

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by jean-pierremartindalmas View Post
    If I Preorders from Irrational Games when do I get my code?
    jean-pierremartindalmas, you should be receiving a separate email with your Industrial Revolution code within a few business days of your pre-order.

Called Bestbuy.com customer service, after being transferred it ended with them not being too helpful. They had me log in to bb.com's "Digital Library" and apparently the game is supposed to be there. It wasn't, so the rep said he would try to resolve this in "72 hours" then changed that and said "a few business days." I told him this is disappointing as it's advertised as being immediately accessible. (I know this isn't Irrational's fault, just the way Bestbuy handled it with me bummed me out.) I ordered the Premium Edition yesterday (chose BestBuy since they offered release day store pick-up) in excitement of being able to play Industrial Revolution that day. Good luck any other Bestbuy pre-orders.

Hi and thank you for making such fine products. I have completed BI:IR and just want to be clear I finished it for VP and it says many times that my decisions are permanent. Now can I only see half of the story now if I use the code I will recieve? Or are the changes small and not that important? I will most likely play the game more than once and would like to know if I can play all content?

Update: after about 2 hours or so they sent my code. So kudos to them to accelerating the process. Excited to start playing!

Quote Originally Posted by zipgun View Post
    Hi and thank you for making such fine products. I have completed BI:IR and just want to be clear I finished it for VP and it says many times that my decisions are permanent. Now can I only see half of the story now if I use the code I will recieve? Or are the changes small and not that important? I will most likely play the game more than once and would like to know if I can play all content?
    From my understanding - The decisions that are permanent are exclusive to the Industrial Revolutions game itself and have no effect on the story of Bioshock Infinite if that is what your asking about. From what I get you see different newspapers and descriptions and get a different Facebook/twitter icons or skins at the end depending on what faction you sent stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    From my understanding - The decisions that are permanent are exclusive to the Industrial Revolutions game itself and have no effect on the story of Bioshock Infinite if that is what your asking about. From what I get you see different newspapers and descriptions and get a different Facebook/twitter icons or skins at the end depending on what faction you sent stuff too.
    Hum ok, I guess to me IR made it like there was story line changes depending on your IR game faction. All is good then.

Quote Originally Posted by findingcoffee View Post
    Update: after about 2 hours or so they sent my code. So kudos to them to accelerating the process. Excited to start playing!
    Glad to hear it worked out with Best Buy. Thanks for the update!

Yes, the choices being permanent should pertain to the game and what is revealed. The game appears to fill you in on background history depending on who you support, so you can't get filled in on the other half within your playthrough. But others can.

This may not be the place to post this but I'm not sure where to turn. I pre-ordered Infinite from GameStop and 2 days later this pre-order bonus game was announced. I went back to GameStop so that they could cancel my pre-order an re-pre-order it for me. My code for the Industrial Revolution was printed on the receipt. When I tried to use that code, I got an error message that the code I entered was invalid. After triple-checking that I typed the code correctly I opened a support ticket... that was 3 days ago and the status of the ticket is still "Awaiting assignment to a help desk operator." It would be nice to be able to play Industrial Revolution before the code expires, but at this rate I'm not too sure that will happen. Is there anything I can do to get some help here?

Does anyone know what difference it makes siding with the Founders or Vox Populi? I'm nervous about proceeding. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AXidenT View Post
    Does anyone know what difference it makes siding with the Founders or Vox Populi? I'm nervous about proceeding. :P
    Yep - the only difference is that you unlock or can download a small image pack for the faction you support. It consists of 3 images that can be used on your pc for twitter backgrounds, facebook, etc. I unlocked the Founders one myself as I didn't like the Vox images very much.

In terms of the rewards that you unlock for use in Bioshock Infinite - they will all be the same whichever faction you choose so don't stress.

Hi,

Is anyone in the UK having any luck with obtaining a code? I currently have a pre-order for the premium edition with Game, and yet to receive my code. I contacted their customer service and I was told they haven't received them themselves, and when they do, they will send them out.

I want to stick with Game (despite not being the cheapest in the list), as Gamestop and Play are almost 70; Gamestation, Tesco and Asda only seem to be offering the standard edition, Sainsburys aren't offering the code at all and Amazon can't tell me for sure if they are offering the code with just the standard or with the premium also.

Nightmare. I'll keep on trying

Is everyone enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Carver View Post
    Yep - the only difference is that you unlock or can download a small image pack for the faction you support. It consists of 3 images that can be used on your pc for twitter backgrounds, facebook, etc. I unlocked the Founders one myself as I didn't like the Vox images very much.

In terms of the rewards that you unlock for use in Bioshock Infinite - they will all be the same whichever faction you choose so don't stress.
    Oh thank god hahaha. I was stressing out a bit. I think I'll for for the Founders then, I like their emblem more and they seem less ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by AXidenT View Post
    Oh thank god hahaha. I was stressing out a bit. I think I'll for for the Founders then, I like their emblem more and they seem less ugly.
    lol no worries - I was a bit the same and went for the Founders as well. Neither side is particularly likeable if you ask me

Wow. That's a bit harsh for something you know so little about!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast