Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Information Thread and F.A.Q.

Quote Originally Posted by quimico View Post
    Hi I ordered the Songbird edition on the 19th from Fnac.es. As I'm reading the codes are taking long to be delivered, aren't they? I've already contacted Fnac support and they told me that they have not received yet any codes although they are aware of this issue. Should I wait a bit more? Cheers
    Hi quimico, I'll try and look into this and see if there are any updates with Fnac.es. In the meantime, try contacting their customer support again.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans0305 View Post
    ig.ratana, this may be a simple and obvious question to answer, but with the newspaper articles appear once before being gone, are we going to see those same articles in BioShock Infinite?
    Hi Evans0305, those newspaper articles are exclusive to Industrial Revolution.

I preordered the regular PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite from the Irrational Store/Take2 whatever. How long before I get my code for Industrial revolution I thought ordering it from irrational I would get the code directly after purchase and that all preorders got the free game.

Dear IG,

I have pre-ordered the songbird edition from game.co.uk on 15.11. According to their previous policy (it's changed since then, code is e-mailed in 48 hours of pre-order) I was supposed to receive the code on 29.11., but I didn't get it, so I have recently connected the customer support. They said they are out of codes.
    Unfortunately, they have already charged my debit card with a small amount so I don't have the opportunity to switch to another retailer which offers the songbird edition. Anyway, they are the only ones who actually ship with reasonable prices to my home country, Hungary.
    I would be very happy if you were to fix this.
    If this issue proves to be impossible to solve, will the Industrial Revolution game be available after release freely? Or only the ones who got the codes for the pre-order will be able to get the rewards?

Sincerely,
    Balázs

Quote Originally Posted by ig.ratana View Post
    Hi Evans0305, those newspaper articles are exclusive to Industrial Revolution.
    OK. Just enjoyed reading about those events. Hopefully, the characters mentioned will be mentioned or appear in the game.

Where do I need to Pre-order from in the UK to get the Comstock Bird's Eye Upgrade, I have Pre-ordered at Game to get the Comstock China Broom Upgrade but I would like to get both.

I will be interested when someone posts online the newspaper clipping you get to see by doing the puzzles to see what the backstory (if anything substantial) is being presented. The SitS stuff was largely irrelevant to BS2 so I have no doubt it may be the same for this stuff, but was interesting to see it. Sites like bioshock.wikia.com usually have this stuff eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    I will be interested when someone posts online the newspaper clipping you get to see by doing the puzzles to see what the backstory (if anything substantial) is being presented. The SitS stuff was largely irrelevant to BS2 so I have no doubt it may be the same for this stuff, but was interesting to see it. Sites like bioshock.wikia.com usually have this stuff eventually.
    Same here watchman. I would have taken screens of the vox side when I played through had I thought of it at the time but I didn't. I'd like to see the founders clippings. Hopefully someone post them. Perhaps I can play back through and see them again? I'll try later today and if it works I'll post the vox clippings.

I'm sorry to tell you that... we french, also have problems getting that I.R. Code.
    I ordered from "Micromania.fr", indeed Official Bioshock Infinite Pre-Order store as mentionned on your site.
    I sent them a mail, only thing they answeared was that they had a code for the ComStock Sniper Rifle, they'll send later on.
    What can i do ? I ordered the game 1 week ago, early december.
    Thanks for helping, & as most of us did i guess, i ordered that early to get access to I.R. ( Yeah... We've been marketed o: )

Quote Originally Posted by Biovision View Post
    Same here watchman. I would have taken screens of the vox side when I played through had I thought of it at the time but I didn't. I'd like to see the founders clippings. Hopefully someone post them. Perhaps I can play back through and see them again? I'll try later today and if it works I'll post the vox clippings.
    With the latest changes in the various released materials, with the Founders now becoming a Religious Cult, the whole class struggle aspect may now be insignificant (a whole left turn after all the stuff they previously put out).

aha it must resemble BS 1's hacking! cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1derSplicer View Post
    aha it must resemble BS 1's hacking! cant wait!
    There is something using 'lockpicks' that may be that part of the game. The Industrial Revolution game is a web/flash game that might be problematic to incorporate into the BS-I game (I didnt see on the mini-game producing company's website if they also offer a program version of their 'Cogs' game engine). Having multiple mini-game types might be less boring (but would be expensive to develop/produce)

Quote Originally Posted by Biovision View Post
    Actually, the Wiki was the reason why I'm interested in it, since I've been on there for a couple years, and just wanted to at least hear back from i.g. ratana about if those characters are somewhat mentioned in the game, which I'm guessing the chance of that is quite slim. Also, even though Sits was made seperate from BS2, it was made in the wiki as a section for its history or characters, much like what most wikis revolving a franchise does with published spinoffs. Same case with BioShock: Rapture, but unlike Sits, any of the novel events added to the articles were placed with a novel-specific caption around its info, since it was not considered canon to the first game, not to mention there are some continuity errors that are altered from what happened in the events of the game. Also, Mark Meltzer did eventually make it into to the game, but I think that may had to do with the fan response to the site. I haven't heard that much reaction about the Industrial Revolution, otehr than people trying to get their codes, but it did came out the same time as the preorders.
    Even with the changes with Infinite as adding more on religion and less on politics, it doesn't sound as heavily changed as far as Comstock, some enemies and areas. it still reffers a lot on the same xenophoic and racial overtones to the city as before, along with the war between these factions. The IR game doesn't reffer about politics or religion in Columbia, but only on events that happen in the city depending on which faction you side with, either from each faction's intentions with using some new weapon, or some cause by the game's established characters.
    Last edited by Evans0305; 12-10-2012 at 04:09 PM.

The IR game doesn't reffer about politics or religion in Columbia, but only on events that happen in the city depending on which faction you side with, either from each faction's intentions with using some new weapon, or some cause by the game's established characters.
    Using or threatening to use (by arming) a new weapon itself is a 'political' act.

Im just curious as to what these events would be to see the positions of the two factions (assuming they have something actually to do with the real storylines - and may continue to be related).

Quote Originally Posted by LendarMyst View Post
    Hi all! Pretty same as Guappo26: I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition from an italian GameStop retail, but when I asked for the Industrial Revolution code, they answered that they don't have codes to provide... they also didn't know it exists

Is Industrial Revolution dedicated to USA/UK customers only?
    Update: after a few request to the Gamestop retail (still no codes here), I wrote to the Gamestop customer service; they replied that Industrial Revolution codes are not available for the Songbird Edition, but only for the base edition.
    I would like to hear your opinion about that, because it seems very strange to me that an "Ultimate Edition" has to be penalized like that...

Question Questions about the Best Buy BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition for PS3

Dear IG,
    I am thinking about preordering the Best Buy BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition for PS3.
    I have some questions about it.
    I know it comes with the Best Buy Exclusive Upgrade for Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle.
    Will the code for the Upgrade for Comstock Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle come in my email when the game is released on March 26th?
    Will I get separate code for the downloadable Digital Soundtrack?
    Will I get separate code for the PS3 BioShock Infinite Themes?
    Will I get separate code for the Upgrade Pack with the 3 gear power-ups Bull Rush, Extra! Extra!, Betrayer?
    Will I get separate code for the Bioshock Industrial Revolution rewards?
    Do you use the codes at Playstation Network Store for the PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite?

Lets say I have to reinstall Bioshock Infinite at some point in the future.

When you buy anything for a game, DLC, etc from the Playstation Network Store you can always download it again if you need to.
    Will I be able to go to my download list at the Playstation Network Store and redownload all upgrade packs, Comstock Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle, and Industrial Revolution rewards that I downloaded when I first got my game?
    Last edited by wizzard; 12-13-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Hmmm, 3 days and no answear... and now the Retailer took the money from my pre order... i guess its gonna be harder to cancel it, in case you find no way to solve the Industrial Revolution Code problem.
    Any IG Staff Member around ?

Gamestop has failed to give me my Industrial Revolution code. Can someone help me? I attempted to e-mail them but I got a automated response stating there's no guarantee that online customers who pre-order a game that has pre-order bonus content, will get it. I do believe they are being stubborn and are refusing to give me code. They are also refusing to cancel my pre-order of the Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition - PC. I need help from IG to get this matter resolved either by providing me a code or cancelling the order I placed.
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 12-14-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Hi Nektar, have you tried contacting Micromania's customer service? They should be able to send you a code. Please send me a PM if you're not having any luck.

Well I guess I can't do anything but to cancel the credit card to stop from being charged by pre-ordering the Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition - PC from the Gamestop website since their online support haven't respond to be more than a week now and I didn't receive an Industrial Revolution code.

Edit: I have managed to take the necessary precautions to stop Gamestop from charging me... Gamestop will eventually close the order that I placed. I have never experienced such stress from ordering something online since I do a lot but this was the first time I ordered something from Gamestop. This will be the final edit/post since I no longer need help in this situation. I'm still upset this had to happen since I was excited that I pre-ordered this game but ended in a disaster. I suppose the good thing to come out of this is not to buy anything from the Gamestop's online store ever. I hope one day I will manage to get my hands on this game.
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 12-14-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Situation Resolved (Hopefully)

Question Questions about Bioshock Infinite redownloading upgrade packs

I know that people who bought Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition for the PS3 will get a email on the day the game is released 03-26-2013 with a one-time-use code to claim rewards for the upgrade pack, Industrial Revolution rewards and BestBuy Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle.

Lets say I have to reinstall Bioshock Infinite at some point in the future.

When you buy anything for a game, DLC, etc from the Playstation Network Store you can always download it again if you need to.

Will I be able to go to my download list at the Playstation Network Store and redownload all upgrade packs, Comstock Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle, and Industrial Revolution rewards that I downloaded when I first got my game?

Pre-Ordered 360 + PS3 copies from Futureshop. Still no codes. They stare at me blankly anytime I even mention it. They say they've heard nothing and been given nothing.

I I was told it would be "the end of the week", here on these forums a while back. Any ideas?

Unhappy I never got a code.

Hello there, Irrational Games
    I ordered the ultimate songbird edition via Irrational games, themselves and never got a pre-order code for Industrial revolution. Please get back to me ASAP. I'm very eager to play.

Smile Will the Industrial Revolution rewards code include the Comstock's Bird's Eye?

I preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition for PS3 from Best Buy.
    Best Buy is offering Free Shipping on this item.
    I got my Bioshock Infinite Industrial Revolution code the day after I ordered it.

Where it lists your unlockable items on industrial revolution I saw my Best Buy preorder award the Comstock's Bird's Eye

Does this mean when I get my code for the Industrial Revolution rewards it will include the code for the Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    I preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition for PS3 from Best Buy.
    Best Buy is offering Free Shipping on this item.
    I got my Bioshock Infinite Industrial Revolution code the day after I ordered it.

Where it lists your unlockable items on industrial revolution I saw my Best Buy preorder award the Comstock's Bird's Eye

Does this mean when I get my code for the Industrial Revolution rewards it will include the code for the Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle?
    "Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle" Is that a ability/gear thingee? Something that applies to every sniper rifle you pick up (with only 2 weapon slots apparently players will be swapping weapons alot)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post

That's the way I understand it will work. I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition for the Xbox 360 through Gamestop and received Comstock's China Broom.

I've preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird edition for the PS3 on Walmart on 12/10/2012....I still have not received the code. The emails back and forth with their customer service department clearly show that they have no clue what I'm referring to when I ask for my Industrial Revolution 16-digit code. Can someone at IG please please please contact the Walmart corporate rep in charge of this fiasco? I'm almost ready to cancel my order because of how they are handling this simple task. I can understand if they tell me to wait because they're dealing with a large queue of codes needing to be distributed, but the responses so far show that they don't know that they're supposed to be issuing anything to customers with preorders. IG, please help to correct this!

Quote Originally Posted by Systemaddict View Post
    Pre-Ordered 360 + PS3 copies from Futureshop. Still no codes. They stare at me blankly anytime I even mention it. They say they've heard nothing and been given nothing.

I I was told it would be "the end of the week", here on these forums a while back. Any ideas?
    Hi Systemaddict, I'll follow-up with our channel team about Futureshop and get back to you with updates. Thanks for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Evan Santos View Post
    Hello there, Irrational Games
    I ordered the ultimate songbird edition via Irrational games, themselves and never got a pre-order code for Industrial revolution. Please get back to me ASAP. I'm very eager to play.
    Hi Kyle, please contact customer support if you don't receive anything by the end of the week:
    http://support.2k.com/anonymous_requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by ccwm619 View Post
    I've preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird edition for the PS3 on Walmart on 12/10/2012....I still have not received the code. The emails back and forth with their customer service department clearly show that they have no clue what I'm referring to when I ask for my Industrial Revolution 16-digit code. Can someone at IG please please please contact the Walmart corporate rep in charge of this fiasco? I'm almost ready to cancel my order because of how they are handling this simple task. I can understand if they tell me to wait because they're dealing with a large queue of codes needing to be distributed, but the responses so far show that they don't know that they're supposed to be issuing anything to customers with preorders. IG, please help to correct this!
    Hi ccwm619, I'll look into this and keep you posted. Thanks for your patience!

Unhappy Walmart Email Thread

Thank you very much for the prompt response, IG.Ratana. In case you were curious, here are the emails detailing the lack of understanding with the Walmart support team:

Subject: Re: Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition (PS3) w/ Pre-order Exclusive Bonus Industrial Revolution Game [Incident: 121226-017890]
    Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:19:53 -0800
    To: help@walmart.com

That is incorrect! The industrial revolution game is a preorder exclusive available now. By preordering, customers are supposed to get a unique code so we can play this mini game until bioshock infinite is released. I'm getting tired of explaining this. Customers are supposed to get this code Now.

Best regards,

Ali Afshari

On Dec 26, 2012, at 6:09 PM, "Walmart Customer Care" <help@cs.walmart.com> wrote:

Hi Ali,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your question about the Bonus industrial Revolution Game. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We did find out that the game Industrial Revolution Game is a Pre-order Exclusive Bonus and will arrive around 3/26/2013.

Ali, if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
    Walmart.com Customer Care

[---001:000379:39167---]

To: XXXX@XXXX.com
    Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:06:25 -0600
    Subject: Other Question About My Order [Incident: 121214-011257]

Hi Ali ,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your bonus Industrial Revolution Game.

We are still researching this matter and apologize for the delay. We will contact you again within 3-5 business days with the requested information.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Original Message Follows
    -------------------------
    12/20/2012 09:18 AM from you:
    That is preposterous! I am not behind a firewall and I don't use a spam filter! Are you stating that the email with the registration code had been sent to me already? I want the code that was promised at the time I placed my order.

Best regards,

Ali Afshari

On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:28 AM, "Walmart Customer Care" <<a href="mailto:help@cs.walmart.com">help@cs.walmart. com> wrote:

12/20/2012 06:28 AM from Walmart Customer Care:
    Hi Ali,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding not receiving automatic emails.

There are a number of factors that could cause you not to receive our automatic emails. To make sure you receive them:

Please add our email address (help@walmart.com) to your address book (and/or your spam filter allowed emails list) to make sure that our messages are not being caught by your spam filter.
    If you are behind a firewall, ask your IT/Network administrator to make sure our emails are not blocked. It is also possible that your Internet provider placed our message in a quarantine program.

Ali, If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

12/20/2012 12:40 AM from you:
    It has been two additional days and I still have not received any emails about the promo code. Can you please confirm if there is any new information about when I can expect it?

Thanks,

Ali Afshari

Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:50:08 -0600

-----------------
    12/16/2012 03:50 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
    Hi Ali,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your promo code to be redeemed.

We are writing to apologize for the delay of your promo code. We ask you to please wait 2 additional days for the promo code, if you do not get it, please contact us back.

Ali, if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

12/16/2012 03:25 PM from you:
    My inquiry has not been fully answered. I want to know when I can expect to get the 16-digit online code that is part of the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus. I need to use this 16-digit code on www.finkmanufacturing.com in order to redeem the code before I can start playing the Industrial Revolution game. Other retailers have already started to send out these codes just days after the order is placed. Please keep in mind that the Industrial Revolution game is NOT Bioshock Infinite, but a special game created as a promotional tool to build anticipation for the actual game releasing on March 26, 2012.

Ali Afshari

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:51:46 -0600

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com.

We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question

Tracking Your Order:
    Most, but not all Walmart.com orders can be tracked online using the tracking information in your order confirmation email. For example, orders shipped using the United States Postal Service, UPS Mail Innovations and Fed Ex Smart Post cannot be tracked.
    Once your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hours for the carrier to update their tracking information. You can check back daily to track the progress of your order.
    Processing Time:
    Once you click Submit and your payment is authorized, it normally takes 24-48 hours for the warehouses to pick, pack and prepare your order for shipping.
    Due to our suppliers' varying delivery schedules to our stores, it is normal for some Site to Store orders to require longer than 48 hours to process; however, your order will still arrive by the estimated delivery date.
    You can find the most up-to-date order status and tracking information by signing into "My Account" at:

https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ya_index.gsp

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions , please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely,

12/14/2012 12:51 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com.

We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question

Tracking Your Order:
    Most, but not all Walmart.com orders can be tracked online using the tracking information in your order confirmation email. For example, orders shipped using the United States Postal Service, UPS Mail Innovations and Fed Ex Smart Post cannot be tracked.
    Once your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hours for the carrier to update their tracking information. You can check back daily to track the progress of your order.
    Processing Time:
    Once you click Submit and your payment is authorized, it normally takes 24-48 hours for the warehouses to pick, pack and prepare your order for shipping.
    Due to our suppliers' varying delivery schedules to our stores, it is normal for some Site to Store orders to require longer than 48 hours to process; however, your order will still arrive by the estimated delivery date.
    You can find the most up-to-date order status and tracking information by signing into "My Account" at:

https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ya_index.gsp

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions , please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assis

12/14/2012 12:51 PM from you:
    I am supposed to get access to the Industrial Revolution game because I've pre-ordered this product. I have not received the email link and access code for the Industrial Revolution Game. Please send that information to me.

Exclamation **Walmart Update** Industrial Revolution shipping on a separate disc?!?!

Hello IG.Ratana,

Walmart sent me another email asking for 3-5 more days to research this so I lost my ☺☺☺☺ and I called their customer service line to speak with a supervisor.

The supervisor states that Walmart copies of the Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird edition will get the Industrial Revolution game on a separate disc shipped with the main game.

This is a little strange to me as that would require a lot more money for the physical media and packaging.

Can you please confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,

Ali
    Last edited by Codex; 12-27-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: don't bypass the language filter, please!

Quote Originally Posted by ccwm619 View Post
    Hello IG.Ratana,

Walmart sent me another email asking for 3-5 more days to research this so I lost my ☺☺☺☺ and I called their customer service line to speak with a supervisor.

The supervisor states that Walmart copies of the Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird edition will get the Industrial Revolution game on a separate disc shipped with the main game.

This is a little strange to me as that would require a lot more money for the physical media and packaging.

Can you please confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,

Ali
    This is defintiley not the case. I'll make sure this gets cleared up with Wal-Mart.

Question Industrial Revolution codes?

Hey community..does anyone know how to get the code for the Industrial Revolution flash game? I recently ordered the Songbird 360 edition from irrational but didn't get one?

Quote Originally Posted by kidego71 View Post
    Hey community..does anyone know how to get the code for the Industrial Revolution flash game? I recently ordered the Songbird 360 edition from irrational but didn't get one?
    Since you created a new thread for your question, I'm not sure if you noticed this stickied FAQ. Take a quick look and see if your answer is in here. If not, send a PM to our ig.ratana (the reply just above yours). They'll square you away!

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Since you created a new thread for your question, I'm not sure if you noticed this stickied FAQ. Take a quick look and see if your answer is in here. If not, send a PM to our ig.ratana (the reply just above yours). They'll square you away!
    Somehow I missed the sticky (sorry bout that!). I actually emailed IG store and got a reply.

Your code will be emailed to you within one business day after you placed your order.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Store Support

Since I ordered on a Friday, Im assuming I wont get the code until Monday or Tuesday. Its all good though, I am just happy I get the Songbird edition. Gamestop had sold out

Boy, you weren't kidding when you said "recently"! LOL. Yeah, it does take a few days sometimes. I'm glad they got back to you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Boy, you weren't kidding when you said "recently"! LOL. Yeah, it does take a few days sometimes. I'm glad they got back to you.
    Patience is not a virtue I was gifted with .

Today I saw that Target had their pre-order cards out for Bioshock Infinite, so for $1 I bought one.

The card expressly states that with the purchase of the card comes access to IR, but there are a whole slew of problems.

For starters, the directions on the back of the card say to go to www.ameriward.com, which is apparently not even a website that exists. It says to go to this nonexistent website and then put in a code. The code is 10 digits long, so it won't work on the IR website because that requires a 16 digit code.

I just would like to know if I wasted my $1 and if there is anything that can be done.

Thanks,
    Bill

I am also sadly having problems with the code for IR. I just got off the phone with a BestBuy Employee and said that the codes have either not been sent to them by you guys or I will get it when the game comes out. I highly doubt that you guys will send the codes when it comes out so I just wanted to ask if you guys haven't sent the codes to all retailers, or they are just bull****ting me and don't know anything about it. Can you clear this up Ratana?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast