Thread: Any Pc version of Revolution ?

Exclamation Any Pc version of Revolution ?

Hi, i'm a lover of Civilization series since the very first version, it's the best strategy game ever made and really love it but i was shoked when someone told me that you will not make an Pc version of this very good game !!
    is that true ?!

I'm pretty sure this has been answered else where multiple times. The answer is no.

Sgmakan, thank you for your constructif replay, but i need to know why, my question is for civilization team, why private all theses people playing on the PC ? i don't have a console and i will never buy one because not all type of games you can play them on consoles and really it's a bad turn of civilization if really you don't plan to make a PC version it's like loosing a child for me...
    Hope you will change this decision so you can make thousans of people happy again..

Regards

I am sure there is a more in depth answer in one of the other threads about this. Do you think it's wrong for developers to make games for consoles ? If so, you must be really angry right now, because there are tons of titles headed for consoles that won't ever be made on PC, and vice versa. I am sure you will have a super bada$$ version of Civ V coming not too far down the road. I read an interesting blog the other day. A programmer was talking about the differences in developing for PC and consoles. He said that they can do a lot more with a standard platform (i.e. 360 and PS3) than they can with the PC, because PCs do not have the same hardware, OS, etc. across the board like consoles. He also went on to say, that they can do some really amazing things on consoles with physics, graphics, etc., that could be done on a PC but no one would be able to afford the rig to play it. Used to be that PCs were always the most powerful machines for gaming, but with these current gen consoles that line has been blurred, especially by the PS3, whose processor is more powerful than most intel quad cores. Maybe if your not into consoles you should look into the handheld Nintendo DS. You could probably buy a DS and Civ Rev for less than a new Video Card for a PC, and the gameplay is supposed to be identical to the 360 and PS3 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nour View Post
    Sgmakan, thank you for your constructif replay, but i need to know why, my question is for civilization team, why private all theses people playing on the PC ? i don't have a console and i will never buy one because not all type of games you can play them on consoles and really it's a bad turn of civilization if really you don't plan to make a PC version it's like loosing a child for me...
    Hope you will change this decision so you can make thousans of people happy again.
    Hey Nour,

As we've repeatedly said, there will never be a PC version of CivRev.

You can read a detailed explanation here:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...er-come-to-pc/

...but the short version is that this wasn't designed to be a PC game, and it plays very differently from the PC games.

Don't think for a second that this means we're abandoning our PC fans, because we're not...it's just a separate, different product for console users. We're still completely committed to our PC fanbase, and hopefully you'll be hearing about that in the not-too-distant future.

Flyers eliminate Habs in Game 5. Bring on the Pens!
    Not-too-distant future, eh? Can you give us a hint Jason? Maybe let us know when and where we should direct our web browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Bear-Pig View Post
    Not-too-distant future, eh? Can you give us a hint Jason? Maybe let us know when and where we should direct our web browser?
    I'd love to!

But PR would kill me.

Flyers eliminate Habs in Game 5. Bring on the Pens!
    Weren't you the Associate PR Manager for Civ IV?

Thanks for all replays and hope that new gen console will not end the civ revolution on PC will play on civ IV and wait to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Bear-Pig View Post
    Weren't you the Associate PR Manager for Civ IV?
    Hey, I *used* to be in PR.

I got over it.