Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons of Mafia II. Silenced weapons?

Weapons of Mafia II. Silenced weapons?

I started this thread to collect info from everybody regarding the weapons from Mafia II and if we'll in the game some silenced weapons or some upgrades. Don't get me wrong, I don't want that every weapon to have a silenced version or to be upgradable, but I think at least one silenced weapon should be present in the game, of course, first a pistol and then maybe a submachine gun, like the British Sten Suppressed or DeLisle Carbine, both from WW2! I want them to be historical accurate tough!

Weapons that will be present in Mafia II, taken from screens:

- Colt 1911
    - Thompson M1928 SMG
    - S&W Revolver
    - MG42 (my favourite )
    - MP40 SMG
    - Remington 870 pump-action shotgun
    - M3 ''Grease Gun'' SMG
    - Colt Python "Magnum" (?!?!?!)(Colt Python "Magnum" was produced from 1955)
    Last edited by mg198242; 05-06-2008 at 12:15 PM.

A baseball bat is silence (vincenzo favourite weapon)

Colt 1911 rules, simple as that, I love that gun.

Colt 1911, Thompson SMG and Winchester for me. I would like silencer on Colt 1911, it would make some of the missions more interesting, beeing all stealthy

1911, I think will come silenced, I think, and it should, the more customizable weapons the better I say :-)

I too hope we get at least one silenced weapon, if then a pistol.

But I like the DeLisle Carbine as well, loved it in H&D2 it was my most used weapon there, and as a somewhat firearms enthusiast it looks quite "sexy" too I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
    I too hope we get at least one silenced weapon, if then a pistol.

But I like the DeLisle Carbine as well, loved it in H&D2 it was my most used weapon there, and as a somewhat firearms enthusiast it looks quite "sexy" too I have to say.
    I love too DeLisle Carbine, that's why I mentioned it. I "met" that weapon first in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Breakthrough and it was great: silenced, powerful (1 or 2 shots max and the enemy was down), but the problem is that were produced only few, less than 200, so it's almost impossible to see that weapon in Mafia II!

Sure is. I think we will be seeing the colt and crap like that again, along with the lupara.

Quote Originally Posted by Styvesant View Post
    Sure is. I think we will be seeing the colt and crap like that again, along with the lupara.
    Colt 1911 is more than sure in the game, it can be seen in almost every screen, wallpaper of Mafia II! We don't know yet about Lupara, it wasn't confirmed and it can't be found on any of the screens. Though I think it will be in the game.
    Our "problem" is what other guns we'll be seeing or what are the guns from the already released screens&wallpapers! For example, in the screen where Vito and Joe are at the gun dealer and Vito's holding the MG42, there is a revolver hanged in a nail that looks like S&W revolver but it's not the S&W, the barrel it's too long. From my knowledge and research, for sure it's a "Magnum", Colt Python "Magnum", as this is the only "Magnum" produced in the era of Mafia II, but you know how it's said: never be too sure.

Mmm, I don't really want hardcore military guns in there if that's what everyone is getting at, but some new ones would be nice.

We will get some WWII weapons they have already been seen on at least two screens.
    I like it, especially the german MP 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Styvesant View Post
    Mmm, I don't really want hardcore military guns in there if that's what everyone is getting at, but some new ones would be nice.
    We won't get harcore hardware, believe me! The only hardcore gun in the game, so far, and very probably the only 1, which is meant to be used in a mission to create a trap, is the MG42, which in real life has a normal rate of fire of 1200~1300 rpm, but in some skilled hands and with some modifications it's capable of 1800 rpm. Humans cannot even distinguish the fired bullets, while you might think you shot only 1 bullet, actually you shot 5.
    Last edited by mg198242; 05-03-2008 at 06:56 AM.

I prefer the good ol' fashioned execution, which is either to choke someone, or shoot them at point blank range with an S&W :P

And of course for destruction, a nice mixed 100% pure Molotov

the Thompson the clasic weapon of the golden years of mafia .....the Thompson is my favourite....woooo Thompson rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dbeat View Post
    the Thompson the clasic weapon of the golden years of mafia .....the Thompson is my favourite....woooo Thompson rules
    If your talking about classic guns then you need to think about Lupara too, one of the most powerfull close range guns

Thompson forever dude !

Quote Originally Posted by Kubilay_Han View Post
    Thompson forever dude !
    Yes its a MUST ...

i need three more weapons and im good

B.A.R

Sniper Rifle (dosnt matter what modle)

a knife or a lead pipe

Lupara = Sawed-off shotgun, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kubilay_Han View Post
    Lupara = Sawed-off shotgun, right ?
    Correct

what about the magnum you blow the head of any enemy with that thing..

Dude i like Magnum & that kind weapons. Especially Colt Python.

yea great powerfull precised weapons..

iwant something to kill em at a far or quietly, if i cant do that then i want a #### load of fire power like a b.a.r or magnum

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
    We will get some WWII weapons they have already been seen on at least two screens.
    I like it, especially the german MP 40.
    I agree that the MP40 is a good weapon to include, but I'd also LOVE to see the MP44 (STG44) in the game, as it was the first ever assault rifle made. Image at this link:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MP44.jpg

Possibly, the BAR aswell? And the Sten? And the Webley revolver? And the G43?

Silenced pistol would be sweet. If they do have a silencer in the game I hope they make it realistic (i.e.; when you shoot someone anyone around you and the cops wont notice someone being shot.) I would go around shooting randoms all the time and puttin the bodies in my trunk and driving the car off a cliff. I HOPE they put a silencer in the game...they have too, its a freaking Mafia game, Gangsters use silencers!

I agree. I also found this Colt 1911 in Nickel that looks pretty awesome. This could be a unlockable weapon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colt1911goldcup.JPG

What about a Mauser C96 aswell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ma...1916_Red_4.JPG

Also, I found out that the Walther PPK was used in the 1940's, and that came with a silencer! Look!

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/walther_ppk_007.jpg

As used by 007!

I'd love to be able to buy a silencer for a weapon Just a pistol though, there's something about the idea of a silenced smg that I don't like.

I hope there's another unscoped bolt action rifle. Maybe another Springfield like in the first game, a Lee Enfield, or even a Kar98K- which is possible since we're getting a German MP40.

Or an M1 Garand, which, I know, is not bolt action but would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by YahtzeeG8 View Post
    I agree that the MP40 is a good weapon to include, but I'd also LOVE to see the MP44 (STG44) in the game, as it was the first ever assault rifle made. Image at this link:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MP44.jpg

Possibly, the BAR aswell? And the Sten? And the Webley revolver? And the G43?
    damn, that looks like a nice weapon

I just want the weapons to be accurate to the period. I also don't want all the weapons to be equally precise and powerful. This was one of the things that made the first Mafia great. EACH weapon felt so much more nuanced and unique when compared with other games. I'm sure a lot had to do with the incredible sound, which IMO has never been outdone by any other game.

Rather than making all the weapons feel the same by just increasing fire rate and stopping power for different weapons (like for GTA), different weapons were more precise or less precise.

For example, the Colt Detective was the weakest and least accurate weapon by far. It sucked hard. It was the weapon you used when you ran out of all your other weapons. But you know what? That's what made the game great. It felt authentic to the day. The Colt 1911 was the most bad-ass weapon in the game. In reality, it REALLY was a bad-ass weapon, though I think they may have made it a little too bad-ass in the first Mafia (extremely powerful, great fire rate, and probably too accurate....but I'm not going to complain. It was my favorite weapon! ).

We are talking about the 1920s and 1930s. Handguns were no where near as accurate or reliable back then, when compared to today. They should be improved by the 40s and 50s, but still not nearly as good as today. Weapons technology and advancements in reliability have come a long way since then.

Getting to silenced weapons....I'm not up to speed on when silencers came out. I'd like to see a silenced pistol in the game if silencers existed back then. I certainly don't want to see any silenced MP5s or anything like that. Would I like to see my Českį Zbrojovka (CZ) P-01 in the game? Hell yeah!...but it didn't exist back then, so no!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Czp01-001.jpg

Go 2K Czech! Make it great and don't put in things that take away from the authentic feel! Its what made the first one great!

I hope theres weapon customization in general. For example, changing the pistol grip for better mobility or something, or putting a silencer on it

only silencer..i think customization is to much i mean all these about - fast reload-more damage etc...i think it not goes to the way of Mafia 2. But yes i hope too silenced weapons so you can do some works without atracting the attention...and i hope a garrote wire it would be so cool.

33. I think there should be improvised silencers. For example, if you are going to kill a guy in his house, you grab a pillow from the couch, put that against his head and press the barrel to the pillow, then shoot. But as far as silent kills go, there should be knives to put in the targets neck, baseball bats that could both immobilize, knock out and/or kill targets depending on where you hit the guy and how many times you hit em', strangulation, drowning, ect.

too complex i think

garrote wire would be cool

Cool

[QUOTE=classic mobster;416445]I think there should be improvised silencers. For example, if you are going to kill a guy in his house, you grab a pillow from the couch, put that against his head and press the barrel to the pillow, then shoot. But as far as silent kills go, there should be knives to put in the targets neck, baseball bats that could both immobilize, knock out and/or kill targets depending on where you hit the guy and how many times you hit em', strangulation, drowning, ect.[/QUOTE ]

i agree

Couldn't agree more, that really is a good idea and it would make the game even better (if that's possible )

Quote Originally Posted by Mafioso_20 View Post
    damn, that looks like a nice weapon
    Yeah, isn't it just a beauty? It inspired the AK47. Can you see the family resemblence?

ok i would like one silenced weapon which is normal pistol and good or ok all around but i hope they dont put in all kinds of machineguns and smgs and etc... because one of the great things about mafia 1 was that they made you value weak weapons like pistols because they made you rapidly use them. when you got a strong weapon( machineghun, shotgun, etc..) it felt really good. you felt safe and it was rewording. also when they gave you those big weapons most of the missions were epic and huge gunfights went on. that IMO was one of the great parts in mafia 1. I just hope they wont become like other shooters and give you like tons of weapons that destroy everything and so you wan't get any challenge in the game.

As long as Mafia II has a "snubnosed revolver" of some type, I'll be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast