Thread: Game crashes during intro cut scene

Game crashes during intro cut scene

I have played borderlands 2 for a solid two weeks smoothly until the Thursday patch, after which my game began crashing with the following error, this is the very tip of the top but I am sure some people will recognize it.

Fatal error!
    GetOutermost() Address =0x1620cbe (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Borderlands2\Binaries\Win32 \Borderlands2.exe
    Address =0x126cbd2 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe]
    AK::SoundEngine::StartOutputCapture() Address = ox1b07e7c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe]

I have sent a ticket to 2k Support about 3 days ago with no response yet, and since then I been trying to fix this from reading different forums, and I have been unable to correct the problem. Really could use some help from anyone at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanker View Post
    I have played borderlands 2 for a solid two weeks smoothly until the Thursday patch, after which my game began crashing with the following error, this is the very tip of the top but I am sure some people will recognize it.

Fatal error!
    GetOutermost() Address =0x1620cbe (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Borderlands2\Binaries\Win32 \Borderlands2.exe
    Address =0x126cbd2 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe]
    AK::SoundEngine::StartOutputCapture() Address = ox1b07e7c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe]

I have sent a ticket to 2k Support about 3 days ago with no response yet, and since then I been trying to fix this from reading different forums, and I have been unable to correct the problem. Really could use some help from anyone at this point.
    Brother you are not alone. I have the same thing happening. I have well over 250 hours of play and all of a sudden I get this. I have formatted my system 3 times and reinstalled BL2 2 different ways. I took off my OC and ran safe clock all for the same error. take a look at my error message.
    http://imageshack.us/f/841/problemspd.jpg/

is this what is vexing you?

FWIW

Comp specs are
    Rampage IV Formula
    32gb gskill trident x series
    twin 7970ghz's
    plextor 512gb ssd

I have a stable OC at 4.5ghz with the ram at 2400 and it worked fine till yesterday. Even when I throttle back to 3.2ghz and 1333 on the ram i get the error. I have formatted my whole system 2 times today and re downloaded bl2 both times and still the same error. my other games (skyrim, hitman, sleeping dods) all run fine OC'd. I ran a memtest86 thinking a ram stick was bad and it passed. My system used to be able to run BL2 fully spec'd in 3d with 40 fps!

Does that error message i posted the link to previously mean anything to anyone?

got it solved. it was my profile.bin synced on the cloud. I disabled syncing with the cloud and deleted the profile.bin and she fired right up. after a few min of playing I alt tabbed to the steam ap and enabled cloud syncing and exited bl2. i uploaded the new profile.bin to the cloud. I lost some of my skins and badass score, but I can play the game again. so thanks a pant load steam!
    Last edited by redleg; 11-23-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: the word not was an error

It's good that you managed to get the game playing again, though at the same time it's unfortunate that you lost all of your profile based data such as Badass Ranks, heads/skins and the like.

intro cut scene crash

I'm having a problem with the same thing. I cannot find the profile.bin you mention though. Can you point to a location where I can get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by redleg View Post
    got it solved. it was my profile.bin synced on the cloud. I disabled syncing with the cloud and deleted the profile.bin and she fired right up. after a few min of playing I alt tabbed to the steam ap and enabled cloud syncing and exited bl2. i uploaded the new profile.bin to the cloud. I lost some of my skins and badass score, but I can play the game again. so thanks a pant load steam!

C:\Users\user directory\Documents\my games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata\7786489764789769

your numbers directory will be different.
    Last edited by redleg; 11-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redleg View Post
    C:\Users\user directory\Documents\my games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata\7786489764789769

your numbers directory will be different.
    Excellent! Thanks a lot! New profile set me back a bit hit at least it works... Now to remember to backup manually that directory...

Same error message

Hi,

I'm getting a similar error message when I exit the game. Tried disabling cloud and deleting the profile.bin but same thing happens again. I installed bl2 on a second machine and don't get the error so must be something wrong with my windows 7 install?

Thanks