Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2nd Patch (Now live)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2nd Patch (Now live)

Thanks for all the feedback you guys have provided here in the XCOM forums. We here at 2k Games and Firaxis have been listening to your comments and are preparing a patch that will be releasing soon on all platforms. Exact date is TBD, but we will let you know as soon as we get word.

UPDATE 11/8/2012
    Patch is now live for all systems. Enjoy!

UPDATE 11/12/2012
    The enemy teleporting issue fix is currently in test for the next patch. Date is TBD.

Confirming the Rookie HP issue is resolved. I added this to the Other Fixes list. This is the complete change list and no other bugs were fixed on this patch.

Defeat screen after beating game (Moving this up here so the post is cleaner.)
    Firaxis is currently aware and researching this issue. We got a couple save files (thanks to you guys) on Oct 22nd that they're looking at. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything about it.

UPDATE 12/5/2012
    Issues confirmed fixed on the next patch
    • Issues with targeting a flying enemy with a rocket
    • The enemy teleporting issue

I should have an estimate for the patch release date soon.

Save files not loading after installing Slingshot content.
    Firaxis is currently looking into this. They have a few save files on hand already.

UPDATE 12/7/2012
    Hot fix for Slingshot Content Pack save file issue is now live.

Patch Notes
    Slingshot Content Pack will no longer cause the game to think pre-existing saves are corrupt. All previous saves should now work properly.

2nd Patch Change List

Major Fixes
    • Abductor roof visibility problems resolved

• Interception game hang issues resolved
    o If two interceptors are sent after UFO
    o If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed

• SHIV inaccessible issues resolved

• AI Alien Activity Hang resolution

• Multiplayer connectivity optimization

Other Fixes
    • TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip

• Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.

• Easy Difficulty is now easier.

• Rookie HP issue is now resolved.

Again, thanks for all the feedback and for being super patient as we prepare each patch for release. We are always monitoring the forums for issues and will post as soon as we get official updates.
    Last edited by Drcane; 12-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.

awesome. thanks for the update! making a great game even better

How about the "hunker down" keyboard shortcut bug? Surely the easiest 5 minutes you will ever spend fixing a problem.

Thanks for the info

Really appreciate you giving us feedback. For most of us experiencing game-breaking bugs, we don't expect solutions to be immediate. But hearing that 2k games / Firaxis are actively hearing our concerns and working out a fix helps. PLEASE keep communicating with us. It's important.

Ok, I just bought the game today. But I bought the special box edition, because of the printed stuffs and so on (and because that is the version they sold here at Brazil). It should be delivered until next Friday, I hope so.

The real preoccupation is about the update, since that is the second one by now. Since I bought the PC box, I suspect that should be the 1.0 version disk, and I would like to know how to update it.

I read some threads about update by Steam, but I do not have a steam account. How to update the game? Should I install it and it will update automatically, or should I create a Steam account to update it?

Some help please, I would like to play as soon it hit my door!

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by drcane View Post
    Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
    F Yeah!

Easy Difficulty is now easier.
    Not having prior experience with UFO and having played the Easy Difficulty first, was it really not easy enough? I'm ok with the change (not that I'm going to play that difficulty ever again) and glad for those that may benefit from it, I just find it curious.

@regiscastelo: as far as I know, it's a Steam game so you will have to create a Steam account just to play it.

How about fixing it so I can beat the game and not get the defeat screen? I have 3 of my 5 countries to the point where I can finish the game but everytime I do so I get the defeat screen. Would be nice to be able to finish 1 game and get my trophies (I'm on PS3).

All games are being play on Classic Ironman mode.

Surprised that this isn't in the upcoming patch considering it is a HUGE gamebreaker!!

actually list of fixes is like a dwarf when comparing to bug list.

Great, thanks for info!

Quote Originally Posted by regiscastelo View Post
    Ok, I just bought the game today. But I bought the special box edition, because of the printed stuffs and so on (and because that is the version they sold here at Brazil). It should be delivered until next Friday, I hope so.

The real preoccupation is about the update, since that is the second one by now. Since I bought the PC box, I suspect that should be the 1.0 version disk, and I would like to know how to update it.

I read some threads about update by Steam, but I do not have a steam account. How to update the game? Should I install it and it will update automatically, or should I create a Steam account to update it?

Some help please, I would like to play as soon it hit my door!

Thank you all.
    It's a Steamworks game; you will have to have a Steam account, and Steam installed, to install the game. I believe that the installer will take care of that for you if you don't have the Steam client installed already.

Am I right in thinking all skus are all platforms, not familiar with that phrase. I'm on Xbox, and will we get what was in the pc's first patch?

Quote Originally Posted by OldskoolMully View Post
    Am I right in thinking all skus are all platforms, not familiar with that phrase. I'm on Xbox, and will we get what was in the pc's first patch?
    You should of got that on world release day (Oct 11th I believe). I know the PS3 version downloaded a patch then (which was the same as the PC Patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjac View Post
    How about fixing it so I can beat the game and not get the defeat screen? I have 3 of my 5 countries to the point where I can finish the game but everytime I do so I get the defeat screen. Would be nice to be able to finish 1 game and get my trophies (I'm on PS3).

All games are being play on Classic Ironman mode.

Surprised that this isn't in the upcoming patch considering it is a HUGE gamebreaker!!
    Firaxis is currently aware and researching this issue. We got a couple save files (thanks to you guys) about a week ago that they're looking at. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldskoolMully View Post
    Yes, skus are platforms. I'll edit that.

Just wanted add my thanks for the update, it is very much appreciated.

Just wanted to add my thanks for this information, while i havent encountered the majority of the issues that some people have, It is nice to actually have some official info now which shows that Firaxis/2K are aware of the issues and working on them. If i can suggest, if there are certain things that the customer base can do to help ie provide additional bugged save games then please put up a thread asking for things like that or additional info, and i am sure that there will be plenty of people with various issues that would be more than willing to upload/ provide files / save games etc in the hope that it would help.

But please do keep us informed as to whats happening, and when the patch is finally ready to go, please give a full listing of all the issues that are resolved, rather than using the old favourite that some developers and publishers like which is and "numerous other fixes."

Have you considered using Steam's beta testing program for those who would like to get patches sooner ?

Great, thanks for info i was waiting for this befor new dlc

Good job on fixing some important bugs. I really hope more stuff will be fixed soon as well.

The bugs in the cover system come to mind (aliens receiving cover bonus while flanked). I find this one huge and can break the game, losing your soldier due to unexpected low hit%.

There are other smaller bugs too, and stuff that is simply missing though not gamebreaking:

- besides the cover bug, shots go through walls and stuff. It just looks ugly.

- some tooltips lack information. scope/pistol upgrades aren't reflected on their respective tooltips or in combat when targeting an alien.

- back-arrow sometimes missing in the hologlobe screen (re-appears after clicking the scanning button)

- no easy way to (un)equip your squad when you have lots of soldiers with equipment

- Buildtime for a facility should be included in the tooltip that lists the requirements. Now you must have enough money to click a square first, then in the next screen you can view the build time, which is cumbersome and makes planning harder.

But that's me nagging. I'm happy Firaxis is working on things. If you guys follow Blizzard's example regarding game support, then everything will turn out right

Quote Originally Posted by CepaX View Post
    actually list of fixes is like a dwarf when comparing to bug list.
    I am underwhelmed. The communication has been so bad its hard to get excited. Maybe we could also get a response from you guys on if some of these bugs are working as intended. The bug list is a very large list compared to your fixes. Considering how long it taken to get to this point, one wonders what will be left just unfixed.

Yes, skus are platforms. I'll edit that.
    Thnx, just googled skus aswell and cant wait to start using shivs.

Can anyone confirm if Xbox got the first pc patch, I don't think I have it?

Thanks! Keep those patches coming. Please fix the hp bug for new rookies. That bug should be really easy to fix. Also, teleporting enemies on the middle of the squad. My ps3 copy of the game is gathering dust now because of these two bugs and a lot more. I will just wait patiently until most of the bugs are fixed, because I love XCOM, but its unplayable right now for me.

Thanks for the update. However, I'm concerned that there is no mention of the aliens teleporting into the midsts of your squad or the corrupted save game problems.

Here are a list of changes that will be included in the patch.
    Is it a complete list of fixes or simply the ones that are confirmed so far?

It doesn't include a few serious bugs, like AI teleport, rookie HP, ridiculous flanking and LOS bugs just off the top of my head. Makes me a bit worried

i don't remember any xbox patch on release day.
    thanks for the update dr.

Is that the full list? Something about fixing the gamepad mode for the PC would be nice.

PS3 unplayable

What about the bug that freezes the game when you go on mission after you build the Gallop Chamber and are past the 1yr mark causing us to hardboot our system?
    Last edited by Jester_77; 10-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.

I have a question about multiplayer optimization !!, i hope you can answer me drcane.

with the multiplayer optimization going on, will people from other countries(south america, europe, etc...) will be able to play with more people now?.

thank you in advance im glad you guys are fixing things.

Thank you, drcane! The update is very much appreciated

Will there possibly be more fixes to come in this patch or is that the full list?
    Are the AI "teleporting", clipping and LOS issues being looked into?

Thanks.

When comparing this to the bugs reported in the bug report thread, remember a lot of people seem to be posting things that are blatant design criticism as bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    When comparing this to the bugs reported in the bug report thread, remember a lot of people seem to be posting things that are blatant design criticism as bugs.
    It still omits many genuine ones, some of them game-breaking.

yay, good news indeed

I'm sad to see you don't plan to do anything about the awkward (or non-existent) gear management system.

Thanks for the update drcane. Might I suggest that you lock the thread the next time you post a patch update? Obviously, you can't please everyone and no matter which problems you fix first people will still complain that the bugs you haven't been able to address yet should have been included in the patch. Locking the thread will ensure the sticky about the update doesn't simply turn into a duplicate dedicated bug report thread.

Also, Please remember that many of us enjoy Xcom and do appreciate the hard work 2k and Firaxis have put in to make the game happen and the hard work you continue to put in to support the game post release and improve what is a very good game to ensure it becomes a great game and the enduring classic it deserves to be.

Thank you.

I love the game, and I want to see it improved. I am glad 2k/Firaxis have communicated, but if this is all that is being fixed I too am underwhelmed. Is this just a preliminary list or is this the final list for the second patch?? Will there be a LARGER third patch soon after?? I was expecting a little bit more in terms of bug fixes, especially AI teleporting. I refuse to play IRONMAN because of this. I lost too many games because of random Mutons spawning in the middle of my squad.

I was also hoping the second patch would include some non-bug related improvements too. Like the aforementioned Inventory Juggling and other UI improvement suggestions.

Yeah, it's great to hear news on the bugs. I'm hoping for news about the rookie HP bug and AI-teleport-onto-squad bugs in particular -- will these be among the fixes, or will they not be ready for the next patch?

* Easy difficulty is now easier

LOL what the heck? Who was complaining about the difficulty on easy?

The difficulty on Easy is not major issue, unless the IQ of your customers has somehow dropped 50 points in the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by PCGuy1 View Post
    * Easy difficulty is now easier

LOL what the heck? Who was complaining about the difficulty on easy?

The difficulty on Easy is not major issue, unless the IQ of your customers has somehow dropped 50 points in the last month.

It's probably for people new to this type of game.

Any word on console-specific bug fixes? Many Xbox users including myself are having issues with unreadable disc errors popping up at random from their game, even after they've been installed on the HDD.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast