Thread: Multiplayer Software Quality - My Experience

Multiplayer Software Quality - My Experience

Although I've played quite a few unranked games, I only recently got into ranked games. I thought I'd share some stats with you.

I've played a total of 14 ranked games, here's my stats: W8, L5, D1.

Out of those 8 wins, I estimate 2 are where my opponent left at the start of the match due to unknown reasons, and at least 2 of them where my opponent left after telling me about a bug, and at least 2 where both my opponent and I were unable to play due to a bug and my opponent left the game before me, giving me the win. One game I was unable to play and my opponent graciously exited to give me the win (Thank you for being such a good sport, asikmf. I was even unable to thank you since pressing enter in the chat window had no effect.)
    Out of my 5 losses, exactly 3 of them involved my game client failing due to bugs.
    I've disconnected once, and I don't remember when that happened or why. I'm going to leave that game out of my calculations.

So out of 13 games, at least 7, and more likely 9 games were significantly affected by bugs to the point that the game was no longer playable. I'm playing on the PC.

Conversely, the single player game had rock solid stability for me. The only issue I had was with the mission chamber globe stopped being turn-able, and that bug didn't prevent me from completing the campaign.
    Last edited by Atomic Rooster; 11-06-2012 at 08:43 AM.

You're not alone, I'm afraid.

The bug I encounter most is one you didn't mention, so I'm guessing you haven't experienced it. About half my games, I get the 'normal move ends turn'-bug. That is, after moving, that unit's turn ends and can't be used for the rest of the round. That means no moving and shooting, no moving and overwatch, not moving and throwing grenades, no moving and using items, etc etc. It impacts gameplay so severly that it's pretty much an auto-loss.

I really do enjoy the multiplayer in this game, but for me it's pointless to continue. Maybe I'll come back after the patch, if this issue is addressed.

I get that normal move counts as dash bug a lot, too. I see my cursor inside the blue line and it says "Dashing!" so I wave my cursor all around and get it to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal_Dalek View Post
    I get that normal move counts as dash bug a lot, too. I see my cursor inside the blue line and it says "Dashing!" so I wave my cursor all around and get it to reset.
    People keep saying that, but it doesn't work that way for me.

I've had it where moving the cursor to an actual dash and back again sometimes fixes it. It didn't work the first time I tried it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
    I've had it where moving the cursor to an actual dash and back again sometimes fixes it. It didn't work the first time I tried it though.
    Doesn't work for me. Some people claim to have it say dash on the normal move, and then moving the cursor around, or going into aiming and out, or changing unit and back, or other things work. Not for me. It doesn't say dash on the normal move, and nothing on Earth fixes it. They move, then get teleported back to starting position, then move again, and the turn ends for that unit. Sometimes they repeat teleporting and moving again and again. Sometimes I have 6 units on the screen, all moving and teleporting all over the place. When I have the bug, I have it on every unit for an entire match.

I have this bug so often, around half my matches, yet from what I hear, no one else does. Their normal move ends turn bug sounds different, that there's a visual clue that it will happen, and that you can do something to fix it then and there.

I've recorded a match with me having the bug, if anyone is interested in seeing how it works. In it, I try every trick that has been suggested to fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUV_MxkSalw

Holy crap!

That is some weird bug man...

Just like pretty much everyone I had 'dash bug' fair few times but no, I never had this kind of mess!

Hmmmm...

I presume you tried reinstalling from scratch after 'crap cleaning' your PC?