New And Improved - Bioshocked Forums
That's right! Bioshocked forums have been updated! We now have:
- A brand new toolbar with options to put youtube videos, file streams and flashfiles into your posts!
- A brand new layout and logo!
- A portal (like a homepage) that features the latest polls and news!
- 3 New 'Usergroups', the Splicers (led by Hector), Fontaine's Followers (led by Atlas) and Ryan's Followers (let by BioShock Freak)!
- A new system called 'Karma' which acts as reputation points! If a post is good, give someone positive Karma, if it's spam or terrible then give them negative Karma..
- A calendar (in the links at top of forums) where MODs and Admins can post events ect.!
- Pro forum stats showing more details and your last visit time!
- News & Updates forum can be posted in by everyone but only MODs and Admins can create topics.
- Advertisements removed whilst logged in!
- New domain! www.bioshocked.we.bs
- Over 20 new Emoticons!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's free to join!
See ya there!
nice, i like the green Great additions too, good work Fox
Hope some more people might join up this time
Why create a duplicate forum? What does this new site bring to the table that isn't already here?
(I just think its a bit funny since people complain about the lack of chatter here....except for OT word games and such....but they think there's enough interest to start another forum.)
No, I just like having another community. It seems more... special.
Also, it's got an instant messenger chatbox on the site now.
this seems a bit........unofficial.
artificial, even. xD
Lol. Yeah, I really liked it too.
How do you join one of the three groups? nvm i reread the first post
Last edited by BlacquePhalcon; 06-07-2008 at 04:30 AM.
I don't like the fact of trying to get people to leave or become less active in this forum. Sure, that is a nice "new" one you got there, but it is not in good taste.
10 charecters. Sorry. I made two posts by mistake
Last edited by Blue Lightning; 06-08-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Well, what he is doing is similar to what the people did over at HalfLife2.net, and that website started long before HL2 was released. I don't think it affected much traffic on the Steam forums, but I could be wrong. It serves as "the other Half Life 2 forum" (other than Steam that is) for the purpose of HL2 disscussion... and I think a lot of the members over there are modders too.
However, HL2.net and Steam get along fine...in fact, Gabe has been to Halflife.net a few times. Once he went there when his HL2 beta was leaked and asked the community there for some help...checking the IRC channels to find out any information about the pirate.
I don't know if we need another BioShock forum though, there isn't a modding community anyway (no SDK). And this thread title implies that this forum needs improvment, which in my opinion, it does not.
My 2 cents.
Last edited by Blue Lightning; 06-09-2008 at 05:44 AM.
I dunno, guys. I questioned what was new about it, but I don't think it's insulting to create a new forum.
Acting like it's a good place for news and such doesn't seem accurate to me, since this forum is surely better in that regard. But if it's meant as mainly a social, OT-centric hangout, then I think that's a great idea. I like a little OT socializing on the various forums I use, but if people mainly want to hang out and it no longer relates to the main forum's theme, then another site purely for that purpose is often a good alternative.
I don't know 2K's official stance on it. They seem very open to OT, as long as it's in the proper area.
I agree with doc, it will drag people away from this one and to be in both is a pain to jump back from each
Originally Posted by Dr. Locke
Last edited by BlacquePhalcon; 06-09-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Reason: grammar fix