Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Fix Patch Notes

Hot Fix Patch Notes

Hey Civ Community,

The hot fix patch is en route and will resolve some of the issues created on the Fall Patch. Here are the notes for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for your patience on this one and have a good Thanksgiving!

Hot-Fix Patch Notes

[CRASH]
    • DX9 Range-strike crash. A city-strike or ranged unit could cause the game to crash when playing in the DX9 version, mainly in full-screen, but could occur in windowed mode as well.
    • DX9 Cascading graphics failure crash. On certain video cards, after playing for a short amount of time (or across a number of short games), the game could exhibit strange graphical behavior (rapidly blinking graphics, terrain unloading, etc.), which could eventually lead to a driver failure or hang.
    • DX9 multiple start crash. Fixed an issue where the DX9 version of the game could become unstable or crash if started multiple times in the same session.

[BUG]
    • Auto-Annex, no pop-ups bug. Fixed an issue that was causing the pop-up queue to stop displaying in-game pop-ups until the game was reloaded. NOTE: The cause of this could also exist in existing mods. Please see our note at the bottom of the change-list on how modders can correct this.
    • Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.
    • Denmark Trait not working. Fixed an issue causing Denmark’s trait (allows disembarked units to have an extra move after landing) to not function correctly.
    • Inefficient Pathfinder issue. Fixed multiple issues with the pathfinder that was causing units to exhibit inefficient movement choices.
    • Exploding workboat graphic. Fixed an issue where the Workboat model exhibited graphical corruption.
    • Grey terrain/checker-boarding. Fixed an issue on slower video cards where terrain displayed in large quantities, or with rapid draws (like clicking rapidly around the mini-map), could cause the game to unload the terrain system, resulting in large amounts of checkerboards.

[OPTIMIZATION]
    • Multiple Terrain optimizations.

[MODDING NOTE]
    Modders need to ensure they are calling the SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed event immediately with pop-ups.

The first parameter of this event must be the popup type that is closing, so that the game knows it can show any other popups in the queue. This can be done by explicitly sending the popup type that was opened, e.g. ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_GOODY_HUT_REWARD, or when the popup handles the SerialEventGameMessagePopup message and determines that it will handle the popup, the popup type is saved off in a global. The latter is needed if the code handles more than one popup type, but is preferred even if the code handles one type. That method will ensure that the code works in all cases. The example below is from ReligionOverview.lua and shows how the popup type is saved off, then re-used when sending the SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed. The relevant changes are in red:

Code:
    local g_PopupInfo = nil;

function OnPopupMessage(popupInfo)

local popupType = popupInfo.Type;
          if popupType ~= ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_RELIGION_OVERVIEW then
                return;
          end

if(not Game.IsOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_RELIGION)) then
                g_PopupInfo = popupInfo;

if( g_PopupInfo.Data1 == 1 ) then
                if( ContextPtr:IsHidden() == false ) then
                      OnClose();
                      else
                      UIManager:QueuePopup( ContextPtr, PopupPriority.eUtmost );
                end
                else
                      UIManager:QueuePopup( ContextPtr, PopupPriority.SocialPolicy );
                end         
          end
    end
    Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopup.Add( OnPopupMessage );

function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
        if( not bInitState ) then
            if( not bIsHide ) then
                    UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore();  
                    Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown(g_PopupInfo);                 
                    TabSelect(g_CurrentTab);
            else
                if(g_PopupInfo ~= nil) then
                 Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate(g_PopupInfo.Type, 0);
                end
                UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore();
            end
       end
    end
    ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );
    Last edited by bigden; 12-05-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Updated the modding code snippet.

This is great news for the people affected by these issues. I'd like to point out as a member-side-note that the fact that Civilization V is still getting updates, new content, and patches this long after release (September, 2010) is a testament to both the publishers and developers commitment to this game. Most titles out there get two or three patches and then that is it.

Question 0% Great General bug fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by drcane View Post
    Hot-Fix Patch Notes
    Thank you for the hot fix. It was tough not using the function keys!

Question: Do you know if this patch fixed the Great General bug introduced in the Fall patch for pre-Fall-patch saved games in which the GG would provide a combat bonus of 0%?

I guess the "dead center tile" bug did not make the fix list. Bummer.

- Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.

Still not fixed, I just went into MODS and it still redownloads everything, sadly.

The hotfix has not been released yet, that's why.

Post Hotfix i still crash, only starting happening after Fall patch update. These are crashes on just standard maps, i click end turn then it just sits there locked up until i Alt cltl delete, it says its not responding and has crashed. Can be only 50-100 turns into an epic length game too.

[CRASH]
    • DX9 Cascading graphics failure crash. On certain video cards, after playing for a short amount of time (or across a number of short games), the game could exhibit strange graphical behavior (rapidly blinking graphics, terrain unloading, etc.), which could eventually lead to a driver failure or hang.
    I've been having this issue on DX11 since the fall patch, was hoping this would fix it for DX11 too, but alas, a turn after loading my PC hung from Cascading graphics failure.

Odd, when I was starting up Civilization V, I came up with this: "Completing Installation. x%

Thats the reason why I came here, to see if there was a new patch or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharples88 View Post
    Odd, when I was starting up Civilization V, I came up with this: "Completing Installation. x%

Thats the reason why I came here, to see if there was a new patch or something like that.
    You seem to be correct. The version number is different now (1.0.2.21). Well, apparently the mod loading bug is more complex than it seemed to be. Devs probably fixed one cause but not the other(s).

That was a quick job, well done, Firaxis!

Soooo...has it been released?

Quote Originally Posted by kwebs10 View Post
    Soooo...has it been released?
    A few hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by headkase View Post
    This is great news for the people affected by these issues. I'd like to point out as a member-side-note that the fact that Civilization V is still getting updates, new content, and patches this long after release (September, 2010) is a testament to both the publishers and developers commitment to this game. Most titles out there get two or three patches and then that is it.
    this hotfix is for the fall patch, and the fall patch is consecutive to the add-on, so it's the first patch for a game out in june 2012. i don't really think a single patch 4 month after launch can be considered as something some wonderful.

as for getting updates and new content, well since you have to pay premium for this new content and they build on an existing tech, this is essentially a lot of money for them so yes it's nice for the player (minus the prices) but it's nicer FOR the publishers mainly.

Here's an example from the ReligionOverview.lua, changes are in red.
    Code:
    function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
        if( not bInitState ) then
            if( not bIsHide ) then
                    UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore();  
                    Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown(g_PopupInfo);                 
                    TabSelect(g_CurrentTab);
            else
                if(g_PopupInfo ~= nil) then
                 Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate(g_PopupInfo.Type, 0);
                end
                UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore();
            end
        end
    end
    ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );
    Thanks a lot for the hotfix !
    There seems to be something strange with the new code: the new "if" statement checks "g_PopupType" while the event call is made with "g_PopupInfo.Type". Is this intended ?
    Edit: actually the code in red is the old bugged code: the hotfix changed the "if" statement to check "g_PopupInfo"
    Last edited by bigden; 11-21-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Good catch sir. =)

I've got graphic corruption on the 'unit killed' icon since this hotfix came out.

The more they fix it the less it works - Running XP/DX9 and now I can't even load a saved game - Now after the hot fix it crashes when loading.

FIX IT!!!!! For real this time

Fed-up

UPDATE: Just tried starting a new game and that is also crashing. So now I can't play this thing at all.
    Never will I buy another Firaxis/2K game. - I'M DONE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharples88 View Post
    - Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.

Still not fixed, I just went into MODS and it still redownloads everything, sadly.
    The mods will download and install one more time, even after the hot fix to correct themselves. Let me know if this is not the case. Additionally, if you have corruption, deleting your cache before trying is could help as well.

No news on one of the major issues, workers waking up every turn after being 'scared' by the enemy.

I currently spend multiple times more effort reissuing orders every turn to 'disturbed' workers than i am doing on everything else combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    No news on one of the major issues, workers waking up every turn after being 'scared' by the enemy.

I currently spend multiple times more effort reissuing orders every turn to 'disturbed' workers than i am doing on everything else combined.
    I don't think I ever saw that problem, but this might have fixed it:

•Inefficient Pathfinder issue. Fixed multiple issues with the pathfinder that was causing units to exhibit inefficient movement choices.

You know I think they finally fixed my graphics issues - Now with this wonderful new hot fix I can't load any saved games and I can't start a new one - Any attempt to play the game at all results in a crash and exit back to desktop - No more graphics issues in the game since I can't even get into it to find any - PURE SARCASM -

Fed-up

Quote Originally Posted by fed-up View Post
    You know I think they finally fixed my graphics issues - Now with this wonderful new hot fix I can't load any saved games and I can't start a new one - Any attempt to play the game at all results in a crash and exit back to desktop - No more graphics issues in the game since I can't even get into it to find any - PURE SARCASM -

Fed-up
    Please post your dxdiag and we'll go from there.

After hot fix, no leader screens move. It's annoying, as having them properly animated really improves the game a lot, makes the leaderhead feel more alive. I don't want to beat up a picture of Montezuma, I want to defeat a Montezuma who actually moves as he shimikackans around.

Verifying game cache to check if it fixes stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bigden View Post
    Please post your dxdiag and we'll go from there.
    Been there - Done that - Posted my DXDIAG last week with the graphics issues - This is all new and all on you.

Fed-up

Quote Originally Posted by fed-up View Post
    Been there - Done that - Posted my DXDIAG last week with the graphics issues - This is all new and all on you.

Fed-up
    Feel free to post a link to where I can find the dxdiag, otherwise there is not much I can do to identify your problem.

Dramaideale, is there a possibility that your leader scene was reset to "Minimal"? Otherwise, please post your dxdiag. Thanks!

Link to thread started for graphics issues pre-hot-fix

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...raphics-issues

Dramaideale, is there a possibility that your leader scene was reset to "Minimal"? Otherwise, please post your dxdiag. Thanks!
    No, it's Medium.

After trying again, some leaders move, some don't. Washington didn't move third time in a row (got him randomed yet again), but Nebuchadnezzar and Napoleon seemed fine. Siamese leader didn't move either - and I found out that Washington is a part-time Siamese overlord, because the picture I saw was of him, not Ramkhamheng.

Strange stuff going on.

Since the post can't fit an entire dxdiag, I'll upload it on the first site advised by google.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5z8s9a

There you go.

Dark Omen is an old game I tried to get to work good on XP, don't bother looking at it's error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramaideale View Post
    No, it's Medium.

After trying again, some leaders move, some don't. Washington didn't move third time in a row (got him randomed yet again), but Nebuchadnezzar and Napoleon seemed fine. Siamese leader didn't move either - and I found out that Washington is a part-time Siamese overlord, because the picture I saw was of him, not Ramkhamheng.

Strange stuff going on.

Since the post can't fit an entire dxdiag, I'll upload it on the first site advised by google.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5z8s9a

There you go.

Dark Omen is an old game I tried to get to work good on XP, don't bother looking at it's error message.
    Thank you. The leader scenes reverting to still images is a symptom of the system running low on memory when trying to load a leader. Can I see your GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini file (located in your My Documents/My Games/Civ V folder)?

Could you please adjust your fog of war quality to medium or low and try it again? Thanks!

Could you please adjust your fog of war quality to medium or low and try it again? Thanks!
    That's a very random piece of advice.

The most interesting thing is it worked. I lowered that setting at the same time I installed new radeon drivers (I doubt they helped with anything - I know from my experience that new drivers from AMD can only ruin stuff, not fix).

And well, I can see Ramkhamhaeng's smug, deceptive face again. At least for the time being, the issue is fixed.

Thanks.

Danke schφn Herr Cane.

@bigden: will you release the patched source code in a separate update of the SDK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramaideale View Post
    That's a very random piece of advice.

The most interesting thing is it worked. I lowered that setting at the same time I installed new radeon drivers (I doubt they helped with anything - I know from my experience that new drivers from AMD can only ruin stuff, not fix).

And well, I can see Ramkhamhaeng's smug, deceptive face again. At least for the time being, the issue is fixed.

Thanks.
    I suppose that did sound rather random.

The highest Fog of War setting can potentially use a great deal of memory. Setting it downward a bit is low-hanging fruit if someone is having a memory problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedemon View Post
    @bigden: will you release the patched source code in a separate update of the SDK ?
    Yes, the update will land shortly after Thanksgiving weekend. There are just a couple small adjustments since the last release.

Civ V not loading after Bug Fix

Last night I was able to play Civ V, but today it doesn't even load. Since the Bug Fix appears to have been applied in between I'm guessing that is the cause, but I am not sure.

I have the retail version but need to connect to Steam to play. When I go to run the program, I get the pop-up to "Select desired version of the game to play". I select the Direct 10 & 11 option and the cursor clocks for about 15 sec and then nothing happens.

Any ideals what happened?

Thanks.

If you're having difficulty running the game, whether it's related to a patch or not, please post your problem in the support subforum, with the first few sections of DXDIAG report (there's instructions on getting the report in one of the threads stickied in support)

Yes, the update will land shortly after Thanksgiving weekend. There are just a couple small adjustments since the last release.
    Thank you

Has this patch been applied to DX10/11?

Played yesterday and all was fine. Now when i try to start Civ 5 i get that annoying "Civ 5 has stopped working" window. I copied the problem details and pasted them below. Was looking forward to playing this weekend. Anybody knows a fix please inform me.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.2.21
    Application Timestamp: 509d5f40
    Fault Module Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.2.21
    Fault Module Timestamp: 509d5f40
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 0029a002
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033