Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Bugs Make Saving All 16 Countries on I/I literally Impossible

Of course human can do it. This is called scouting, I do this a lot. I try to flank aliens which I do not see (but which are already activated), so I send my soldiers and they check if someone is hiding behind the wall.

Computer does not scream bs when I hit his aliens in the butt. It does not complain that I did not see his unit, so there should be no way I moved into good position.

Quote Originally Posted by hermanJnr. View Post
    Yeah, this is the one thing that irritates me. It feels sometimes like the AI has access to tactical knowledge the player isn't provided with.

For example: Thin Man goes on Overwatch right down the street. Is there any way of knowing, 100% for sure, that I'm not in his LoS when I move? No. So I don't move.

The computer on the other hand seems to possess the knowledge of exactly what area of ground your Overwatch covers even when you're not in LoS of it's units.

So you get highly irritating crap like my mission yesterday: I had an Assault (unseen by any aliens), hide in high cover and Overwatch. Next turn a Floater basically moved at head-height alongside a really tiny part of the roof, then landed right beside this soldier...he didn't fire a shot, Overwatch didn't trigger his shotgun. Then the Floater executed him with a point-blank "flanking" shot.

Just screamed bs to me, frankly, because the freaking thing was moving around all over the place in "front" of him, yet just ignores his reaction fire. There's no way a human could ever do the same.
    Wow, someone who gets it. Like really gets it.

The problem here is that, like you said, the aliens possess tactical knowledge that the player is unaware of. Becomes important with buggy line of sight and being able to just move into vision, without triggering overwatch. Things aliens commonly do to xcom.

P.S. Starting run R2- 18

Quote Originally Posted by guciomir View Post
    Of course human can do it. This is called scouting, I do this a lot. I try to flank aliens which I do not see (but which are already activated), so I send my soldiers and they check if someone is hiding behind the wall.

Computer does not scream bs when I hit his aliens in the butt. It does not complain that I did not see his unit, so there should be no way I moved into good position.
    I'm not saying it's not possible to scout out aliens in cover (in fact, we even get the sound cues when they're hiding to do just that). Quite the opposite.

Let me put it this way: There's a Muton overwatching in the middle of a store with his Plasma Rifle, but you can't see him and don't know this.

To approach him, would you consider flying straight towards him into point blank range with an Archangel soldier, then dropping down in front of him before firing? Because that'd be practically suicidal, not to mention you'd have to be telepathic to do it and kill him in that one shot. No decent Human player would think of doing that.

However, that's essentially what the AI did to my Assault guy, purely because it knew the exact pixels his Overwatch covered and so sidestepped them like Neo dodges bullets. That's something no Human can do, because we don't see Overwatch cones on the ground/walls or anything. It's just a borderline buggy problem.

Not hating on the game (I love it), just saying that I think JustTray has a point with this issue, it's frustrating and can be unfair.

I'd just like to remind people to be respectful to one another. This includes respecting other people's decisions, preferences and opinions, as long as they aren't harming anyone. If you think the way someone is acting on the forum is bad for other people, report them. If you think it's bad for them and you want to give them some polite and friendly advice, then do it in a way that is not insulting, possibly don't even do it in public.

Don't insult people even when you feel it is justified. Statements like "you've cracked" are considered insulting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12