Thread: Bioshock Infinite Delayed to March 2013

Bioshock Infinite Delayed to March 2013

So the news just broke that Infinite has been delayed again. Now it's supposed to be coming out on March 26, 2013.

Also, several sites have put up their impressions of their hands-on time with the "final" build of the game. Sounds very promising. Nostrums are now called "gear," which sucks. But I'm happy to hear that Vigors are now powered by Salts, which functions similarly to the way Adam was powered by Eve in Bioshock. I was very happy to hear that.

What do you guys think?

I should also add that I SEVERELY hope the game doesn't get delayed again.

I am sitting out of my spring semester to have the free time to play Infinite when it is released. Please, Irrational. No more delays.

I read a preview before I read about the delay. And I was blown away.

It looks like they've made quite a few subtle (and not-so-subtle) shifts in the plot and characters. No wonder they've pushed it back a bit. They're sharpening the plot to a knife's edge. I almost never have a visceral reaction to reading about a game, but certain elements of the preview caused such a reaction. Maybe it's because it's a tweaked version of our own history? I don't know. But I'm more than happy to let this cake bake for as long as it needs.

Damn,I died a little inside(again),but it's always for a best final game.Well,in Ken we trust!

Honestly, the delay didn't bother me at all.... after reading some positive previews i think I could say today had more good news than bad news for me.... take your time IG and kudos to 2k for letting you do so...

6. Damn another delay. At least its only a month added.

The six month delay was definitely one for concern, as that definitely implied major changes with the core of the game. After reading all the press, it seems like the extra time paid off. 1 month delay, on the other hand, is all about fine-tuning. It's annoying, but it's not something to lose sleep over.

PLEASE stop delaying it, ok?

this is a plea aimed at Ken Levine, on the chance he may be reading this

PLEASE stop delaying Bioshock Infinite, ok? I can live with waiting one more month, I'm gonna be very busy after Christmas anyway and there were a couple of other games I wanted to play before Infinite came out and now I have an extra month to do so, so in a way it's a relief

but all I ask is that PLEASE let this be it ok? no more delays, just let the damn game finally come out in March ok? this is getting ridiculous at this point

Levine replied this to someone asking what the delay was about:

“@Alldayfebreeze: @IGLevine so what's the reason for this delay?”-- boring stuff like polish and bug fixing. They make a HUGE difference. https://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/277167941299105792

I say, polish it as best you can, make it the best experience I can possibly have without any major hiccups, and I will patiently wait.

I just wish other game developers would take notes.

'Bug fixes' serious enough to stop a release usually means 'major bugs' (at least in the current game industry)

Quote Originally Posted by vimandvigor View Post
    but all I ask is that PLEASE let this be it ok? no more delays, just let the damn game finally come out in March ok? this is getting ridiculous at this point
    You do realise, that they're not delaying it "just because it's funny", they're delaying the game because if they don't it'll be a bug-ridden piece of crap.

"Rush to release" has killed more games than I care to count.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    'Bug fixes' serious enough to stop a release usually means 'major bugs' (at least in the current game industry)
    Oh you and that optimism overflow... Can't someone have a little faith here?

i was over at the original irrational games forums and never bothered to remake my account, but when i heard the game was delayed i figured you guys could commiserate with me. sad face

Cool, i don't mind. Another month for me to save up, hording myself some Bioshock Infinite merchandise. That Sky Hook replica looks more and more tempting than ever.

I don't care about waiting either, they are welcome to take all the time they need.

17. The delay is only for one month...that is a good sign. I bet that they would not risk to announce another delay..and since the amount of time is only one month we can be pretty sure that they won't delay it again. One month is one month and I would have loved to play it in February...but March is fine too, if they can use the time to make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    Levine replied this to someone asking what the delay was about:

“@Alldayfebreeze: @IGLevine so what's the reason for this delay?”-- boring stuff like polish and bug fixing. They make a HUGE difference. https://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/277167941299105792

I say, polish it as best you can, make it the best experience I can possibly have without any major hiccups, and I will patiently wait.
    Release an SDK and let the community polish it for you xD SDK FTW!

I didn't expect it to be released in February anyway, I was thinking it would be pushed back until April, good news was I wasn't disappointed. Good thing I had my orange juice.

Good news is, the game just going to polishing and bug fixing phase. This show us, that the game will be release in March. Cause on spring there is GTA 5 release, and 2K Games is subsidiary publisher to Rockstar. So another delay can push game only to Q3 2013. And it seems really unlikely. At least it looks like.
    Last edited by Tib3rian; 12-10-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeertapper View Post
    Release an SDK and let the community polish it for you xD SDK FTW!

I didn't expect it to be released in February anyway, I was thinking it would be pushed back until April, good news was I wasn't disappointed. Good thing I had my orange juice.
    Has that ever worked for any game with some long delay and most players alreday moved on ??

SDK would likely not touch the Game mechanics or platform/hardware compatibility problems - more likely stuff in the level maps which the company can usuually just remove the malfunctioning bits.

It would be great for add-on levels and such (if supported) but I doubt players could really fix the initial game release without engine/program source code (and all the tool chains required)

---

Major fixes mean major retesting (and then fixing the things the fixes broke, etc..). They may need additional time to do the full process for the work they are currently busy with.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Has that ever worked for any game with some long delay and most players alreday moved on ??

SDK would likely not touch the Game mechanics or platform/hardware compatibility problems - more likely stuff in the level maps which the company can usuually just remove the malfunctioning bits.

It would be great for add-on levels and such (if supported) but I doubt players could really fix the initial game release without engine/program source code (and all the tool chains required)

---

Major fixes mean major retesting (and then fixing the things the fixes broke, etc..). They may need additional time to do the full process for the work they are currently busy with.
    If they are still working on major engine issue/restraints March won't help them. It is level and game play mechanics they are polishing up, which 90% of SDK's I have seen released, allow modders to tweak. The SDK comment was a inside joke, I doubt an SDK will ever see the light of day.

Hmm. At least I'll have more time to play all these games I bought during the Black Friday sale at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post

Couldn't agree more!