Thread: I am worried....

I am worried....

I mean the art direction looks great, the characters look interesting and the guns and combat looks intense.

But, a few things really have me worried.

1. The Two Gun Limit. I have heard alot of people say "you only use two guns anway". I say speak for yourself. I enjoyed using a different gun at different moments. Not only was it important part of my tactics but it was just straight up more fun to be able to keep the combat fresh by using different guns. It also allowed the obsessessive rpg gamer in me to come out because I always had another gun upgrade to work on. There was always something around the corner I was looking forward towards. I think they should start the player out with "two gun limit" but once they get their feet wet they should be able to buy "weapon slot upgrades". It allows players who want the limit to continue with the desing choice and those who don't to be able to upgrade and approach combat the way they want. Is that not what Bioshock is all about? Being able to create dynamic and unique combat styles? Players would still have to make a choice because upgrading "weapon slots" could cost a large amount of "Adam" or whatever they call it in this game. Each upgrade costing more and more....

2. Tonics. I assume the game will have some form of tonics right? This was one of my favorite parts of the series and allows players to create the player they want to create. It also allows for dynamic strategy that can be altered to adapt to the situation at hand. It is one of most unique features of Bioshock and I feel is an important part of its history. I was hoping they would beef up the RPG mechanics instead of trim them down. I assume this aspect will still be here just maybe under a different name. Does anyone know?

3. This one is the most important to me. We will still be able to dual wield correct? In some of the videos I have seen it almost seems like Booker is using both hands to shoot. I am ok with this from a visual stand point but almost everyone agreed being able to DW guns and Plasma was the biggest improvement from Bioshock to Bioshock 2. I see no logical reason they would want to progress backwards. So, I just wanted to make sure this was still the case.

Overall, I am still very excited for the game. I would like to know what others think and if anyone has answers to me questions. I am hoping I am wrong about 2 and 3 and maybe just maybe they say "hey, lets just allow players to upgrade their weapon slots if thats important to them". Make the price sky high I don't care just don't put artificial limits on a game that is all about breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg17 View Post
    2. Tonics. I assume the game will have some form of tonics right? This was one of my favorite parts of the series and allows players to create the player they want to create. It also allows for dynamic strategy that can be altered to adapt to the situation at hand. It is one of most unique features of Bioshock and I feel is an important part of its history. I was hoping they would beef up the RPG mechanics instead of trim them down. I assume this aspect will still be here just maybe under a different name. Does anyone know?

3. This one is the most important to me. We will still be able to dual wield correct? In some of the videos I have seen it almost seems like Booker is using both hands to shoot. I am ok with this from a visual stand point but almost everyone agreed being able to DW guns and Plasma was the biggest improvement from Bioshock to Bioshock 2. I see no logical reason they would want to progress backwards. So, I just wanted to make sure this was still the case.
    This aspect has already been adressed by the press who's been greeted to play the first five hours; these two points will be kept in the game:

http://kotaku.com/5966500/ive-played...bout-this-game

Thanks, so can we only have 4 "passive tonics" at any time or will this number grow? It is one of my favorite features and gives the game RPG like depth. I really hope they expand on the idea instead of decrease its importance.

As long as I can run around with a wrench and bash peoples skulls in, I'll be sound as a pound. The one really negative comment I can make about BS1 and BS2 was the fact you were not very limited in your abilities, you could clearly gain skills in every area, without consequence, maybe BI will restrict the player more along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeertapper View Post
    As long as I can run around with a wrench and bash peoples skulls in, I'll be sound as a pound. The one really negative comment I can make about BS1 and BS2 was the fact you were not very limited in your abilities, you could clearly gain skills in every area, without consequence, maybe BI will restrict the player more along those lines.
    Apparently you can now do a 'death from above' maneuver by jumping from the skyline and targeting an enemy

Yup with some kind of locking system showing some big green halo around the ennemy. Not very aesthetic. Highlighting the selected foe's silhouette might have been more discreet?

Quote Originally Posted by losstarot View Post
    Yup with some kind of locking system showing some big green halo around the ennemy. Not very aesthetic. Highlighting the selected foe's silhouette might have been more discreet?

They may have needed a fast indicator (not having to mouse over all possible targets) when you have a few seconds or less to decide).

I saw a jump in that one of the previews that uddenly had the avatar get a major sideways motion when jumping to the floating barge and knocking the NPC off --- not exactly physically possible when hanging from a skyline (push off what???) and having vector momentum along the track (or centrifical forces that should have you hanging sideways to go straight out as far as that clip did).

So they probably will want to will limit the possible targets to try to be a bit closer to reality - and since the skyline is moving and doing its loops, the possible targets may quickly change.

True we could be given a few seconds to go for the ground, but what I meant is the choice of highlight with the green color is making you feel like you're using a vigor while it's only a prompt/"big arrow sign" to warn you that you can perform it. They could change it imo.

I know what you mean. I liked the grey circle they showed in previous game play. The gaint green halo is way too childish for a real gamer.

The whole thing looked to me like a space sci-fi game with a battle suit HUD - and plasma like flashes all over the place in the fighting - seems too techie for the period. The scene seemed also very busy (but then they are trying to show it off) and the player was rambo-ing the situation.

We should also remember that it was a trailer made for the VGA. That means it was aimed at the typical VGA audience... You know, people that like loads of action in their games...

Quote Originally Posted by iaharco View Post
    I know what you mean. I liked the grey circle they showed in previous game play. The gaint green halo is way too childish for a real gamer.
    Or if they wanna keep the bioshock feel in this game, they could higlight the ennemy in a golden hue, like plot related objects that needed to be used (levers, buttons, roses lol etc). This would be a little more stylish instead of that slimy green.