Thread: Bioshock Infinite VGA 2012 (Full Extended)

Cool Bioshock Infinite New gameplay

It goes a bit more in depth.

your welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvIU1e7k7Oc
    Last edited by hugomaster5; 12-09-2012 at 02:22 PM.

One way of keeping Elizabeth from getting in your way (or picking up flack from the dozens of guns shooting at you) is to have her roaming about picking up goodies for you.....

true true poor liz

And it's convenient how she now disappears when Booker's using the Skyhook... Would have been a bit more fun if you saw her little hands reaching out to your back just so you know she doesn't stay behind you while you roller coaster and gun.
    IG you still can do it

Aside that I don't truly understand the wrath among fans behind the release of the trailer and the recent positive impressions from the medias. Was it so underwhelming compared to their related 5 hours? of course it was since we saw only a few minutes, with both an atmosphere sequence and a shooting sequence. And they still got time to polish things and make things as astonishing as in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by losstarot View Post
    And it's convenient how she now disappears when Booker's using the Skyhook... Would have been a bit more fun if you saw her little hands reaching out to your back just so you know she doesn't stay behind you while you roller coaster and gun.
    IG you still can do it

Aside that I don't truly understand the wrath among fans behind the release of the trailer and the recent positive impressions from the medias. Was it so underwhelming compared to their related 5 hours? of course it was since we saw only a few minutes, with both an atmosphere sequence and a shooting sequence. And they still got time to polish things and make things as astonishing as in 2011.

I dont recall her saying anything in any of the skylining scenes (would be funny to hear her go Wheeeeeeeeeeeee at least once)

I didnt think of how she is hanging on (including when you do a 'death from above' and land in a heap).

Also I see Booker firing a submachinegun with one hand (other is the one the skyhook is trying to wrench out), I guess they didnt want to limit you to a pistol (or none at all as you held on for life with both hands as you would in real life)

Well, what did I see there?! Elizabeth is holding a book about Quantum Mechanics by Rosalind something.

So I looked it up, and the closest thing I could find was a woman named Rosalind Franklin, yet she was not born until 1920, while Infinite is set in 1915-1917.

Also, this Rosalind did not work on physics at all (okay, she worked on biophysics), instead she worked on genetics, but never on Quantum Mechanics.

Which is also interesting, since some theories of alternate universes are based on Quantum Mechanics, if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome! Thanks for making me look this up, Irrational! Love that you put these little details in the game.

EDIT: Actually, she did work in physics! She worked on X-ray crystallography! Which has a bit to do with Quantum physics, but still leaves the question up of how Liz got a book of her before she was even born.

EDIT 2: Well, dammit, it's not Rosalind Franklin at all! I looked at the trailer better, and it is Rosalind Lutece, which doesn't apparently exist. Huh. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing!

New gameplay clips are always a treat to behold.

I also want to thank you for sharing. I did see it on the VGA'S but was looking forward to seeing it again. Just makes me look forward to it that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan29.Zapata View Post

EDIT 2: Well, dammit, it's not Rosalind Franklin at all! I looked at the trailer better, and it is Rosalind Lutece, which doesn't apparently exist. Huh. Interesting.
    uhmmmm very interesting....Ken said this a few days ago in Twitter that had me scratching my head;

RT @LasseLund: @IgLevine What feature of Bioshock Infinite are you most excited for gamers to experience? Liz/skylines/columbia/Luteces

After that he said Luteces are people, or a group of people. Maybe be they are the English couple in the begging of the game, the ones that are discussing Quantum Mechanics as they bring Booker to the light house. Maybe they are Elizabeth's parents, and the ones responsible for her powers somehow..

Don't know if it's related or not, but Lutece is Paris's name during the gallo-roman era, founded in -52 BC... just passing by ^^"
    Never expected to run into this name in BI. Is it a common family name btw?

Don't know if it's related or not, but Lutece is Paris's name during the gallo-roman era, founded in -52 BC... just passing by ^^"
    wasn't that Lutetia?

Also , Lutece (or Lutetia in Latin) may contain the Celtic root "Luco-t" that means "The mice", which is a very interesting piece of information if you consider that Songbird would be searching for someone that has the surname that means "The mice".

Quote Originally Posted by luukdeman111 View Post
    wasn't that Lutetia?
    Lutecia is the latin word for it indeed, as the roman empire had conquered most of the celtic territories, it became known under that name at the time. Lutece is the french name. Translators are not totally one hundred percent ok with the root name though, as lut also means mud or marshes in old breton. Can't say if it has any relevance to the game now.

OP - Thank you SO much for posting this. I hadn't yet seen the extended cut!
    Also, this is the best thing anyone has ever created ever! Wow...I'll be salivating like a vegetable by the time March comes around...

I thought it was odd that the first book you see her hold is - I believe - Odyssey, but all the books she throws at you after are the exact same one (Rosalind Lutece's Quantum Mechanics of Physics). I assume both books are references to the game/game's story. I don't know anything about what the Luteces are, however.

I really liked the bird cage on one side, and bird on the other of the key - small detail, but still.

I'm not really sure what the...room? that Booker fell through was for (if anything other than just getting from place to place). Or why it fell through, for that matter (other than, obviously, it's a nice, quick transition to meeting Elizabeth and getting her out of the building). I'm probably overthinking things, there, really. I also couldn't really be sure of what the black wall of things right before said room was (the first thing that came to mind was "telephones").

I feel like I should know the tune that the golden statue starting playing (which seemed to show that the Songbird was coming), but I can't name it. Does anyone know what it is (or if the statue is of anything in particular, for that matter)?

**Another side note, but I actually much prefer Elizabeth's new face and facial animation. Seems to look a lot better and somewhat more interesting than the second notable change.

By the way, she also holds the odyssey in the beginning. That story is about Odysseus being trapped on an island by goddess calypso who is possessed by her love for him... After some other complex Greek mythology hazzle zeus sends hermes to help Odysseus escape from calypso....

You see the similarities? No??

Alright, to clear it up a bit

Odysseus = Elizabeth
    Calypso = songbird
    Zeus = person who send booker
    Hermes = booker