Thread: Civ 5 freezes/crashes when a diplomacy screen with someone comes up.

Civ 5 freezes/crashes when a diplomacy screen with someone comes up.

Hello 2k forums! So I just started playing Civilization 5 again after some time because I got the expansion, Gods and Kings. Before I rarely ever had any problems; Maybe an occasional crash after hours of playing, but nothing out of the ordinary. I can't remember for sure, but I'd estimate that it's been months since I've played last, so there has probably been quite a few updates along with the expansion since then. Anyways, while I was playing, my game started randomly freezing in between my turns. I would actually call it crashing, since it didn't return from the frozen state, and after I alt-tabbed out or pulled up the task manager, it gave me the "Civ 5 has stopped working" message. At first it appeared to be crashing randomly in between turns, but after further investigation it seems that it crashes every other time I try to initiate diplomacy with any other civilization. Both the new and old civs will do this at random. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it wasn't so frequent and unpredictable. I have a steam copy of civ 5, no mods or workshop items are installed, and trying to fix problems with Supreme Commander has left me with clean installs of direct X and C++ libraries as well as updated driver software. Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks, and sorry for the wall of text.

I pasted my entire Dxdiag here: http://pastebin.com/bWwvU9QQ

Try turning your diplo scene detail setting all the way down.

That seems to have worked, although my game runs slower now. Thanks!