Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM: Enemy Unknown 3rd Patch is now live

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 3rd Patch is now live

The 3rd Patch for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now live for all systems. The Second Wave addition is now available for those who have beaten the game. And a few bugs have been squashed including the AI teleport bug and the defeat screen when beating the game.

For those on PC, the Chris Kluwe hero unlock is now available. Chris beat Firaxis' Garth DeAngelis in a head to head match and won. His prize was being added to the game as a playable character.

Update 1/8/13
    Added full detailed list of Second Wave Options

Patch 3 Notes

Second Wave addition
    • If a player has beaten the game, they can access a variety of gameplay toggles upon starting a new game. The Second Wave option will be available on the New Game menu.

AI teleport bug fix
    • Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad

Defeat screen when beating the game
    • Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game

PC Only
    • Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock

Second Wave Advanced Gameplay Options
    • Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
    • New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
    • Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
    • Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
    • Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
    • Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
    • The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
    • Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
    • Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
    • High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
    • Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
    • More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.

If the player has finished the game on Impossible, these four additional Second Wave features will be unlocked.
    • War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
    • E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
    • Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
    • Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically.

Last edited by Drcane; 01-08-2013 at 11:52 AM.

The globe still rotates really, really, really slowly when using xbox 360 controller on the PC?

Any word if the bugged second-wave options (marathon, red fog) are fixed?

Came online briefly to see if there was any news, and was very surprised to see patch 3 up! Great news, way to go guys!

Why is the hero PC only? Not that I use them, just find that a little odd

How unlock the character btw?

Great to see second wave options being implemented! And the one bug that has been the bane of my impossible runs - the defeat screen bug - is fixed?! Maybe the third time I beat impossible ironman will be the time now :P

Glad to see Firaxis still working on this. Any chance we'll see something to address some of the multiplayer bugs in the future?

Finally! After the long wait...

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    The globe still rotates really, really, really slowly when using xbox 360 controller on the PC?
    Seems that's down to a trade off: if you have a globe that rotates quickly, then navigating round the Ant Farm becomes almost impossible because the cursor moves too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylump View Post
    Any word if the bugged second-wave options (marathon, red fog) are fixed?
    I would imagine so, otherwise why release them? Remember, they were only available before because they were modded in: they weren't officially available as far as Firaxis were concerned.

So, can anyone confirm that the teleport bug is dead and in its grave, and are the numbers of aliens on Impossible balanced better, especially for the smaller maps?

Haven't been to the forum for several months but when I have quick look I see there's an awesome patch released! Time to fire up X-com again and see where my heroes are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoff View Post
    How unlock the character btw?
    Type his first and last name in the customize menu on any of your troops.

This hero is cute sniper!
    And all options Second Wave don't simply turn on by developers. They are reworked these options.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
    Glad to see Firaxis still working on this. Any chance we'll see something to address some of the multiplayer bugs in the future?
    Apparently NFL kickers get to jump the line before Multiplayer fans

Haha. If I had waited one more day. I just lost a whole host of Cols in a UFO landing because 5 heavy floaters teleported right behind me when I was fighting a Sectopod....

Bring on the fixes!!!

Thanks to the Firaxis team for working on these issues! That teleport bug was starting to bother me a little

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Thanks to the Firaxis team for working on these issues! That teleport bug was starting to bother me a little
    It is truly irritating when it happens on ironman impossible. Small maps and tons of aliens is a recipe for teleporting disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Propbuddha View Post
    Pretty good chance that the guys make the model of him are not the bug fixers

Interesting to note that the teleport and defeat screen bugs are 'minimised', not fixed completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Propbuddha View Post
    Ironicallly, the multiplayer match Chris Kluwe beat Garth DeAngelis in was riddled with bugs. They had units glitching left and right, and had to pass turns to get vision to work properly.

http://www.twitch.tv/gameinformer/b/349761872

Obviously everybody still had a good time, but it would be even better if the game would cooperate.

I do think a players vs. dev challenge would be awesome, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Interesting to note that the teleport and defeat screen bugs are 'minimised', not fixed completely.
    I imagine the teleport bug occurs due to a spawning issue, which is why it occurs so often on impossible and will probably still occur now and again.

I really hope I don't get the defeat screen a third time in a row beating impossible ironman.

Thanks for the hard work, guys. I'm psyched to try the second wave stuff finally...and plussed that the aliens have lost their teleporter pack technology.

No matter how many times I restart my Xbox, I'm not getting a prompt to download the patch. Any help?

Give the whole team my gratitude for keeping up the efforts to support this title! Stoked to see continued fixes and improvements!

didn't expect second wave... very happy i didnt get rid of my copy earlier now ^^

Nice, guess I will start another game again.

Any word yet when it will be available for 360? Eagerly awaiting 2nd wave .

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    I just had a Terror Site with the new patch and the teleport issues are still there when loading previous saved games.

First off, thanks for the patch. Its obvious from the amount of time that has gone into that that the teleporting alien and end screen issues have been hard to nail down. Also, thanks for the Second Wave.

Since it does say minimised and Hobbes__ has already noticed the teleporting bug in pre-existing saves, can someone from 2k or Firaxis confirm if a new game would be helpful in getting the full benefit of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes__ View Post
    I just had a Terror Site with the new patch and the teleport issues are still there when loading previous saved games.
    Sadly yes. The Teleport glitch is still there. I don't know the name of the map, but this is an L-shaped complex, with a white van on the furthest left side and a fountain in the middle. Not the mulitplayer map with the the Bus. I was up against a full cover and I threw a Battle Scanner through the window. I saw 2 Sectoid and 2 floaters, I said good on my next turn I'll squad sight them.

However they instantaneously spawned directly next next to my group, that was the most recent. I'm playing on Ps3 and it seems teleporting enemies have become even more frequent since I applied the patch.

This is the extent of the patch after this long of a wait? LOL. What a joke. Where is the content?

Does this patch fix the horiffic stutter that occurs every time a berserker muton charges?

Well, the game quit working on me, first time ever. Third Mission (UFO mission) of a new game, and the program (according to Windows 7) quit working. Windows did not come up with anything, and I have not checked the game files after downloading the patch, but I never had a problem before with just the first two patches. Have to check the files I guess but that is that for now.

It actually seems to me that they teleport into the middle of my team more often now. I had a group of 3 mutons and 2 groups of floaters spawn right in the middle of my group. I have been playing five hours now since the patch and i have had the enemies teleport more times than i had in the last month!!

Is this on a new save or a post patch save? It may be that whatever they changed only applies to a new game file.

If it is a new file, then oh dear.

started a new game and in the first map, i get to see through the fog of war and detect a group of aliens while i didn't encounter them

also, it needs to be pointed out that they pretty much acknowledge that they haven't perfectly fixed the major bugs sofar

AI teleport bug fix

Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad

Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game
    don't know what to think of it, guess i'l see how good or bad it is in my new playthrough

Well, played through that third mission again (3 times again - I hate to lose a good Squaddie that early in the game so I reload the save and played again three different maps - saved before going on the mission) and everything worked fine.

I can attest (like I stated in the other thread about this 3rd patch) that the Will and Aim of Squaddies now are all different instead of the constant 40 Will and 65 Aim (choosing all the options of Second Wave) to begin with in a new game, but in the other game I was playing before downloading the 3rd patch (only patch 1 & 2) that those Squaddies still retain the old game settings of 40 Will and 65 Aim to start off with still. The new game they range quite differently with what was stated in the other thread about the 3rd patch started by Hobbes. But there are only 4 options a player can mark for Second Wave and not all the ones he listed in that thread although I do not really remember which ones now, I think someone gave those though.

I don't know why the game stopped the first time though, and nothing was given for a reason by the OS, but second time around, it worked fine. (???) Never happened before with the game with the first two patches as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by drcane View Post
    AI teleport bug fix
    • Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad

• Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game

Minimizes???

what does that mean? Bugs are still not 100% fixed?

LOL!!

Got up this morning and patched up XCOM (steam) and started to play. On CI, I had exited at the start of a mission my last game session, so I thought I would start from there with no alien teleporting....finallly!!

Move my guys behind a car (only a few squares away from starting point of mission). No aliens in sight!! Then on their turn 3 sectoids drop in on the other side of the car my guys are behind. LOL!

Guess teleporting isn't fixed. Or could it be since the mission was already started (from my previous game session) that it still occured?

One fell where he teleported in from Overwatch fire. Then the "discovery" animation activated and the remaining two ran for cover.

Probably not. I assume X% of situations where bug occured is now fixed. I wonder what X really is.
    Maybe they fixed every reported condition, but there could be still some which were not reported, so they could not replicate them.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast