Thread: Bioshock Infinite: Mind in Revolt the E-Book prologue

Bioshock Infinite: Mind in Revolt the E-Book prologue

Just stumbled on this:

http://irrationalgames.com/new-featu...uel-announced/

And what comes to my mind is: did they feature the things that couldn't have make in the game whether it be text dialogues, missing characters?
    I gotta say I'm quite unsettled. To know it will be sold a month prior to the game's release increases that impression. Hope that I'm wrong.

Here's an IGN interview with Joe Fielder the writer of the book - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...quel-announced

He answers somes questions regarding the book, looks like it will deal the capture of Daisy Fitzeroy at the hand of a psychologist named Pinchod who isn't in the game.

I don't see a reason to be unsettled at all, looks like a piece to set the table for the world and motivations of the characters of Infinite. Sort of like the Darksiders novel which came out before Darksiders 2 which was really good but not necessarily needed to enjoy the game.

I just wonder how many posts this thread will go before someone says their not getting the game now cause its an Amazon preorder bonus or they have to buy it for 2.99.

Not my intention, I'm just pessimistic by nature you should know that by now ^^""

The IGN article sheds some light on the book's intentions so it's clearer actually.
    Last edited by losstarot; 01-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Ha, they needed more time to work out the bugs...riiiiight! Me thinks they couldn't complete this e book until the game was done. It was cool being kept in the dark as Jack in BS, however, just tell us the truth...we'll still love ya!

I don't see any reason why this should be viewed negatively. It just adds to the world of Bioshock Infinite like so many other comics and books have done. More Bioshock Infinite info? Count me in.

This sounds so freaking cool. I've been so curious to see how Daisy Fitzroy's character will be... I feel like I have expectations for how Comstock will be since he's the charismatic religious cult leader. But she's a mystery.
    I also find it interesting how she has a last name like Fitzroy when she appears at least part African American, so basically the perfect representation of the Vox Populi...

This is all wonderful, but what if you don't have a Kindle? Are you SOL, or can you read a Kindle book on your computer?

Apple guy talking here, excuse my embarrassing ignorance.

Really looking forward to this, I'm glad the irrational writing team actually wrote it instead of them just dredging up some schmo to write a non-canon cash-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ice View Post
    This is all wonderful, but what if you don't have a Kindle? Are you SOL, or can you read a Kindle book on your computer?

I've never used a mac before but You should have no trouble reading an E-book on your computer, the experience may be more pleasant on a kindle as reading on a computer screen can be kind of annoying but regardless.

It is my understanding that you can read ebooks on your computer even if they are meant for a kindle. I think. I hope.
    Otherwise it will be very embarrassing when I throw my money at the computer and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ice View Post

Yes, you can. Google is your friend.

11. I have no kindle myself...but a simulator that works pretty good. I am really looking forward to read that ebook. I am curious about how they will make it to tell the story without giving too much info about the actual game. But since the story will take place before the events of the game, I guess that it will be like a more detailled form of the newspapers in Industrial Revolution so that you will be able to learn more about Columbia and the ways of thinking there, past events and character backgrounds. It will be interesting to learn more about Daisy Fitzroy at all...cause we hardly know anything about her and other characters. Comstock is a pretty mysterious person too so far...even if we have got some info about him.
    It will definately help to wait for the games release.

I wonder if this will be available too on the amazon.co.uk store... I preordered it there and I'd love to have access to it!