Thread: XCOM ToolBoks Update +Ability Hot-Keys, Display Soldiers' XP During Tactical Missions

XCOM ToolBoks Update +Ability Hot-Keys, Display Soldiers' XP During Tactical Missions

I've updated XCOM ToolBoks which has a few new features you might like:
    * Configurable Ability Hot-Keys - Assign dedicated Hot-Key shortcuts for each Ability.
    * Display Soldiers' XP During Tactical Missions - Press F1 during Tactical missions to view a soldier's current XP and the XP required to level up.
    * Camera Pitch - Pitch the camera up / down using LeftBracket "[" and RightBracket "]".

I've got a few other mod ideas on my to-do / investigate list, and I'd be happy to hear other people's suggestions to add to it.
    I'll give priority to the ideas that prove to be most popular . Unfortunately, things like maps, textures and models are a no-go.

Some of these ideas will need some investigating, so I'm not sure how do-able they'll be at the moment. On the list so far:
    - Display Soldier XP in Loadout screen
    - Activate alien pods at the start of a mission
    - Fix ToolBoks Auto Zoom bug
    - Disable Auto Pan for specific events
    - Ability to kill a mind controlled alien

- Perk Tree Builder (select which perks each class can obtain)
    - Disable narratives
    - Confirm Overwatch reaction shot
    - Ability to reload then fire/move
    - Unequip idle soldiers
    - Any class can use any weapon
    - Civilians in missions other than Terror missions
    - Ark Thrower Run and Gun
    - 100% Stun Chance
    - Class probability (currently there's only an option for 100% chance or default random)
    - Adjust critically wounded bleed-out time (default is 3 turns)

Download XCOM ToolBoks 0.90

God I wish I had bought the PC version.

This looks amazing...

How 'safe' is it to run it!?

I mean is there a chance for Steam to mess things up? (or in other words it can run in online mode)

If this thing is safe to run I am installing it instantly!!!

Yes... Can we run this in online mode? And where do I install this too if I download it?

Would it be possible to add a function that unlocks all of the "2nd Wave" features through the Toolboks without having to beat the game on Impossible?

I don't think any mods can be run in online mode, but it's a single player game (assuming you aren't trying to cheat in multiplayer) why should it bother you if the DRM in disguise known as Steam is running in offline mode???

Quote Originally Posted by -=XX=-Nephilim View Post
    This looks amazing...

I mean is there a chance for Steam to mess things up? (or in other words it can run in online mode)

I've been using it since version 0.70 without any problems. It can ran on online mode and the only way so far for something to get messed up is if there's another official patch that alters any of the files changed by the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by bokauk View Post
    - Confirm Overwatch reaction shot
    - Ability to reload then fire/move
    - Unequip idle soldiers
    They sound fantastic and game changing.

So if you turn down an overwatch reaction shot, I presume you don't get another chance to take the shot with that guy and that alien (even if he gets closer)? But you would be able to react to the next alien?

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Hunter View Post

So if you turn down an overwatch reaction shot, I presume you don't get another chance to take the shot with that guy and that alien (even if he gets closer)? But you would be able to react to the next alien?
    He hasn't done it yet. It's on the "to-do / investigate" list.

That said, the following sound like good ideas to look into:

- Activate alien pods at the start of a mission
    - Ability to kill a mind controlled alien (or consider them stunned if last alien?)
    - Disable narratives
    - Confirm Overwatch reaction shot (Would be nice, since I don't need my Assault Shotty trying to shoot across the damn map...)
    - Any class can use any weapon
    - Civilians in missions other than Terror missions

Do the Achievements still work with this at all?

Yes, but you'll need to edit your hosts file. The first post in this thread tells you what you need to do. I did it, and achievements still work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmirc View Post
    Yes, but you'll need to edit your hosts file. The first post in this thread tells you what you need to do. I did it, and achievements still work fine.
    I never had to edit the host file and I still keep getting achievements even while using ToolBoks.

Can you disable all the features you don't want so you just keep the stuff you want when using this?

Awesome, then I'm totally using this. I just hate that "spotted" animation. It drives me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes__ View Post
    I never had to edit the host file and I still keep getting achievements even while using ToolBoks.
    Well, wasn't sure if it was affected by the callback thingy mabob, so I figured I'd cover that just in case.

This sounds bloody awesome! Can't wait to try it out and hopefully you'll be able to look at/incorporate some of the ideas you've mentioned. Definitely can make this game a lot better. Thanks for your work on this, and more importantly, for sharing it with us! S! to you sir.

I just installed this and am trying it out but as soon as I start the program or apply any changes I get this error:

The error says (because I can't friggin' get a .jpg to post without errors on this site for some reason....):

Error reading current values for Pitch Camera
    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Com-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini'.

Any ideas of what I need to do to make the pitch camera work? Thanks!

Second that !

same with me.

My path is 'd:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Com-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini'.

But toolboks insists on Error reading current values for Pitch Camera
    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Com-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini'.

Thanks for letting me know it just isn't a problem with my setup. Mine is actually located on mine X: drive but like you the program is only looking in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ location. I would like to at least know what the parameters are so that I could at least manually input them to get it to work. Otherwise the mod seems to be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar13 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know it just isn't a problem with my setup. Mine is actually located on mine X: drive but like you the program is only looking in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ location. I would like to at least know what the parameters are so that I could at least manually input them to get it to work. Otherwise the mod seems to be working fine.
    This should solve the issue:
    Open the Config.cfg file on the Toolboks folder with Notepad. The file should contain the following path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\

Just change it with the path to where you have installed XCOM and save the Config.cfg file before running ToolBoks again.

Really nice work, as soon as Firaxis fix the major bugs this is on the definitely use mod list.

What i don't get is how one guy who wasn't involved with the development of the game can do something great like this, but Firaxis have problems fixing there own damn game

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes__ View Post
    This should solve the issue:
    Open the Config.cfg file on the Toolboks folder with Notepad. The file should contain the following path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\

Just change it with the path to where you have installed XCOM and save the Config.cfg file before running ToolBoks again.
    I had already checked that file and it has my correct path but the program still looks elsewhere... Thanks for the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
    Really nice work, as soon as Firaxis fix the major bugs this is on the definitely use mod list.

What i don't get is how one guy who wasn't involved with the development of the game can do something great like this, but Firaxis have problems fixing there own damn game
    Toolboks uses many features that are already present in the game or just have different settings. The thingie is that players are not supposed to use things like the camera settings (it requires a bit trial and error and it can be easy to lose control of the camera) or the Developer Shell

I can not get it to work with my game. I keep getting an error message that my game has stopped working. I get this as soon as i hit the PLAY button on steam. What gives?

I had already checked that file and it has my correct path but the program still looks elsewhere... Thanks for the reply though.
    If altering that file isn't working, a simple, if not hamfisted solution is to create folders to match his, and move your DefaultInput.ini to it. Update, move it back, changes take effect. Although I would expect he'll have it fixed very soon.

a temp solution until fix as posted @ Nexus Forum :

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...2#entry7336590

Just create the Path (C:\ ... ... ..\Config) and put your DefaultInput.Ini in there. After the change, copy it back to your folder.

Tested .... it works !

@bokauk

By the way you may also display XP points directly in combat screen along with Soldier Name, Abilities (Left Bottom corner) and defently to implement the Ability to kill a mind controlled alien, Confirm Overwatch reaction shot, Ark Thrower Run and Gun.
    Last edited by Sungsam; 02-14-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -=XX=-Nephilim View Post
    This looks amazing...

I run Steam in online mode and I've never had any problems. I haven't edited my hosts file, but I do have the phone-home blocked in my firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow79 View Post
    Yes... Can we run this in online mode? And where do I install this too if I download it?
    Run it from any location apart from the folder that the game UPK files are located.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Hunter View Post

That's the idea, but it's only an idea at the moment. It would be very difficult to implement and I'm not sure how feasible it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
    Do the Achievements still work with this at all?
    Yep, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixnatifual View Post
    Can you disable all the features you don't want so you just keep the stuff you want when using this?
    You can enable the features you want to use separately. If you don't want to use a specific option, don't enable/change it

I just installed this and am trying it out but as soon as I start the program or apply any changes I get this error:

The error says (because I can't friggin' get a .jpg to post without errors on this site for some reason....):

Error reading current values for Pitch Camera

Any ideas of what I need to do to make the pitch camera work? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungsam View Post
    Second that !

same with me.

My path is 'd:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Com-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini'.

But toolboks insists on Error reading current values for Pitch Camera
    I've already posted a workaround for this bug here

Updated to version 0.91.

14/02/13 - v0.91
    - Added support for comments within the FIND and REPLACE patterns for Custom Mods.
    - Fixed Camera Pitch bug.

Download XCOM ToolBoks 0.91

Does this modify the exe like most mods for this game? I'm kind of leery about that. Always worry that steam will decide to ban me or something.

Is it possible to turn off the movement the aliens get after being discovered at all? If possible, I'd love an option for that. Let them run for cover on their own turn, the cheaters.

Is it possible to turn off the movement the aliens get after being discovered at all? If possible, I'd love an option for that. Let them run for cover on their own turn, the cheaters.
    yes and i love it! Reveled Aliens only move after you (xcom) have finished your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow79 View Post
    yes and i love it! Reveled Aliens only move after you (xcom) have finished your turn.
    Oh what I mean is, to turn it off completely. So they don't get two moves in a row It annoys me to no end.

If you do this it is only fair to allow them to be on overwatch upon discovery. The return of "shots from the dark...".

Quote Originally Posted by amanasleep View Post
    If you do this it is only fair to allow them to be on overwatch upon discovery. The return of "shots from the dark...".
    If so, make it another option. I'm not on overwatch every time they stumble into me, it's only fair they're not when I stumble into them I don't want it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bokauk View Post
    You can enable the features you want to use separately. If you don't want to use a specific option, don't enable/change it
    That sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl_Facehugger View Post
    Does this modify the exe like most mods for this game? I'm kind of leery about that. Always worry that steam will decide to ban me or something.
    It modifies some UPK files and then needs to update the EXE with their new hashes (SHA1). It doesn't modify the EXE for the same reasons or locations as other mods that patch the embedded INI files.

You should be able to run Steam in Offline mode if you're concerned it might cause problems.

I wouldn't recommend using any mods if you're going to be playing multiplayer.

It's probably possible (although not as straight forward), but I doubt it's something I'll look into. Other modders might investigate it at some point though

Hi boKauk,

Just a proposal,

According to descussion @ http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...81#post2746081

There is Horrible design decision to link grenade/rocket/grapple aim to camera movement. If you can decouple it via ToolBoks, will be mach appreciated.
    Last edited by Sungsam; 02-17-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungsam View Post
    Hi boKauk,

Just a proposal,

According to descussion @ http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...81#post2746081

There is Horrible design decision to link grenade/rocket/grapple aim to camera movement. If you can decouple it via ToolBoks, will be mach appreciated.
    Thanks for letting me know

I've responded in that thread