Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collectors Edition Petition

Collectors Edition Petition

I started a petition for a Collectors Edition of Bioshock at Petition Online.

You can read and sign it here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/bioshock/

Maybe Irrational and 2K change their minds about a Collectors Edition . Please spread the word and promote it in other forums or at fan sites.

NOTE: Petition Online is the host of the petition. I cannot tell what happens to your e-mail addresses, after you have signed the petition.
    Last edited by Rapture_Tourist; 03-28-2007 at 07:48 AM.

for some strange reason i can't sign the petition... i get this error page:
    If you believe you have reached this error page erroneously, please complete the form below. To aid in resolving the situation, we need to know the name of your internet service provider. Other relevant information you are willing to provide, such as the time of your connection attempt and the city, state, and country you're connecting from, may be very helpful. While we don't want to invade anyone's privacy, if you know the IP number you're connecting through, that is extremely helpful. Any such information provided will be used _only_ for technical support and site security purposes.

To be honest I could do without it, since it would mean having to drop a chunk of change when I'm still saving my pennies for the best of last year's adventure titles (hoping to be able to add to my permanent collection list soon(ish))

Signed. I would buy a Collectors edition, no doubt about it.

Count me out. Having CE available would only mean that I'd fail to resist and pay for the game more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartekk View Post
    Count me out. Having CE available would only mean that I'd fail to resist and pay for the game more than I should.
    Cool - already signed ?

Its not like petitions do anything. If they want to do a CE then they will and if they dont they dont. I just want them to finish the game instead of wasting time on extra features. If you really want the making of videos have em released on XBL for free.

It's not mainly to force them making a CE, but showing how many people like to have one.

I'm gonna sign in a minute here, I'd love some behind the scenes footage etc. Also, a metallic game case with the Big Daddy on the front would be great, . Hopefully, all this doesn't sound whiny or whatnot, I just want more of what I know will be a spectacular game,

Quote Originally Posted by One0Shot View Post
    Its not like petitions do anything. (...)
    Well, few months ago some large fan-sites for stalker made an online petition demanding clarification of rumours. And it actually worked.

on suspension -- possible hacked account
    Quote Originally Posted by One0Shot View Post
    Its not like petitions do anything. If they want to do a CE then they will and if they dont they dont. I just want them to finish the game instead of wasting time on extra features. If you really want the making of videos have em released on XBL for free.
    In this case it can, because it would show the marketers @ 2Kgames those who have a consumer interest in purchasing said CE. If I was a marketing agent, and received such a petition with say 5 thousand signatures, how could I not move & shake towards making a CE?

It's generally creators I find where petitions don't work, as they tend to be pretentious and don't want their work manipulated by anyone.

*signed*....

i'm really excited that i pulled this off. i believe in you guys. i think we can make this happen.

go check out the front page of the cult of rapture and then start spreading the word.

D'oh!

...I guess I'd better put a few more of my possessions on ebay.

Exclamation

Signed.

Digg it!

She knows her job http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s32/smilies-22530.png

EDIT: Petition reached 10% of signature requirements already
    Last edited by Rapture_Tourist; 03-28-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Latest Petition results

In Hungary, cheering for Fradi's handballteam!
    I'm spreading the word on Hungarian sites and forums. And signed the petition of course.

Exclamation

As I write this, the signatures have crossed the 1000 mark! Fast work indeed!

*signed*
    We want a collectors edition!!!!

IGN.com smells the victory, as well: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776686p1.html

The count is rising almost every second. I say 2K is in for a nice surprise.

Oh, and Thank You Elizabeth! You are the best.

How about we just expect them to put the extra content in the retail version? I mean I know it's the 'next generation' and all, but God of War II was a two disc game with all the extras you would expect in a Collectors Edition except it wasn't a Collectors edition it was just 'in the game.'

Don't get me wrong if it's worth it I might fall for the marketing ploy of the collectors edition, but I'd rather them go the God of War II route, and not the Halo 3 one with what three different versions of one game, with three different price tags?!

So, sorry no petition signing for me, just the hope they have all the content in one package.

MidnightMarauder, extra content (especially quality extra content) is rare. We should appreciate the effort they are making something special at all.

And yes, God of War II's example should be followed but it won't happen.

Yeah, like I said if it's worth it I'm probably going to buy it (an Elder Scrolls Oblivion coin is not worth it) but like I said earlier I'm hoping they just pack the extra content in the regular retail version so there is no need for a Collectors Edition, like God of War.

Your probably right though they probably won't go that route, but one can hope right...

I SIGNED, YAY FOR ME!!!!!!! Be kind and give us a collectors addition please.

Thumbs up

2018 Total Signatures

i'm... astounded.

if i could hug the internet, i would.

my god, i sound like a dork.

this is incredible. great job, all of you!

Right now, it's 02:38 in Germany...Europe is mostly sleeping. Just wait for the rest of the Europeans signing tomorrow .

We got nearly 50% of the demanded signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture_Tourist View Post
    We got nearly 50% of the demanded signatures.
    Yupp, 2300+ and rising. I should really go to bed now...

2443 at 01.48 GMT

My signature is within the first fifty

Some quotations from the petition before I go to bed:

7. Mike Watson - I demand a collectors edition with a Big Daddy figurine!
    97. Sean Healy - A Collectors Edition for perhaps the most captivating game i've seen, would be very welcome.
    897. Brandon DiZebba - I've waiting for over a year and a half for this game and the idea of a collector's edition just makes me want it even more.
    1064. Andreas Aegler - Maybe it could include a metallic Big Daddy figurine holding his Little Sister? Or maybe (similar to the Halo 3 collector's edition) a small scale replica of a Big Daddy helmet. That would be awesome :-)
    1593. todd mitchell - I am looking forward to this more than Halo 3
    2396. Charles Sites - Collectors Editions show your customers who are really into the product that you are looking out for thier interests and appriciate thier support. As long as its not a pathetic one with just a tin case and a making of DVD.
    2346. Jeffrey Campbell - A collectors edition with bonus art content, interviews, and a behind the scenes look at the making of the game would be incredible, especially for such an interesting game like this. For inspiration, look to the Halo 2 bonus dvd, where behind the scenes game content and interviews were presented with great effect. Thank you.
    2463. Kory Gibson - Please add in an artbook , Bioshock has had such great concept art over its development.
    2500. Nathan - DO IT!
    2627. Joe Hackett - Glad to see a Developer truely listening to its fans.
    Last edited by Rapture_Tourist; 03-28-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Rapture Mom:
    I've had quite a few people ask me if there will be a BioShock collector's edition. Then, today, an enterprising fan made a petition asking 2K to make one. So I talked with some people who were older and wiser than me, and pled the case of the fans. And if we get 5000 signatures on this petition, I have gotten word that they'll make a limited edition of BioShock.

So what do you say? Think we can do it? Think we can get 5000 signatures?

I think we can.
    Let me understand this, 2K forums is your site you created for us. We need to go to another site and sign a petition for IG/2K to consider a special/limited edition BioShock game. I believe this special/limited edition issue was already brought up to you in a previous thread on this site. Wasn't this site created by IG/2K for your Rapture/BioShock fans? We need to go else where for our voice to be heard?

Out side of the euphoria over the chance of getting a limited/special edition, anyone else here think this is kind of, strange/stupid?

You could have done the same thing here. Couldn't you?

If this is just a marketing stunt to get the BioShock name out to the masses, I'll understand, otherwise I see it as just another mega corporation lack of inter department communication. That's the kind way for me to word it.

If this works though, it does open up a whole new world of ways we "enterprising fans" can circumvent the process of these forums. Then if that happens, what's the point of having this one

Calm down

1.) Irrational/2K said "NO!" at first.

2.) We discussed it here...no one said "Ok, you get it".

3.) I though:"Ok lets do a petition and put some pressure. Let them see how many people wish to have a CE of Bioshock".

4.) I made the Petition at Petition Online.com

5.) Elizabeth has seen it, talked to the team and they give us a chance (which will end up in "Yes, you get your CE!").

It's easier making so many people express their opinions at a petition, instead of a "smaller" place like a forum. Its quick and for a single issue.
    Last edited by Rapture_Tourist; 03-28-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Dude— if it wasn't for 2K'Beth and this forum we wouldn't be getting a special edition. Personally I'm grateful for this forum, and I'm grateful to 2K'Beth.

Why do you take everything so seriously, and blow everything so out of proportion?
    Last edited by Hatesink; 03-28-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Nuhfer View Post
    Rapture Mom:

Let me understand this, 2K forums is your site you created for us. We need to go to another site and sign a petition for IG/2K to consider a special/limited edition BioShock game. I believe this special/limited edition issue was already brought up to you in a previous thread on this site. Wasn't this site created by IG/2K for your Rapture/BioShock fans? We need to go else where for our voice to be heard?

Out side of the euphoria over the chance of getting a limited/special edition, anyone else here think this is kind of, strange/stupid?

You could have done the same thing here. Couldn't you?

If this is just a marketing stunt to get the BioShock name out to the masses, I'll understand, otherwise I see it as just another mega corporation lack of inter department communication. That's the kind way for me to word it.

If this works though, it does open up a whole new world of ways we "enterprising fans" can circumvent the process of these forums. Then if that happens, what's the point of having this one
    Adam, I think I understand your concerns, and I'll try and address them.

I know that a special edition has been talked about longingly before. But since the first Q&A, I had always heard back that there would be no special edition.

However, I continue to link people when I see interesting questions from the fans. I linked Rapture_Tourist's petition (on the third party site) when I saw it, and it caught some attention.

Even though the petition had only a handful of signatures, I assured 2K that I could get 5000 quickly, to show how wanted the Collector's Edition was. Rather than replicate a petition on my end, which would take time and bog me down in red tape, I continued with the third party petition. The numbers were important, not the software used.

I'm sure, when I come in tomorrow and show them the positive comments and news articles we have drummed up at such a late hour, we will have proved ourselves, and get our Collector's Edition.

I hope, by 9 am tomorrow, I'll not only have all these words, but also 5000 signatures.

Hope that explains my rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture_Tourist View Post
    Some quotations from the petition before I go to bed:
    Hooray, I was quoted! I thank IG/2K for this oppotunity to speak out about what we want. And the fact you are actually listening to the community makes it all that much sweeter.

3000 at 2:17 GMT

Calm down

1.) Irrational/2K said "NO!" at first.

2.) We discussed it here...no one said "Ok, you get it".

3.) I though:"Ok lets do a petition and put some pressure. Let them see how many people wish to have a CE of Bioshock".

4.) I made the Petition at Petition Online.com

5.) Elizabeth has seen it, talked to the team and they give us a chance (which will end up in "Yes, you get your CE!").

It's easier making so many people express their opinions at a petition, instead of a "smaller" place like a forum.

I got no problem with what you did. My problem is with the fact they didn't seem to listen when it was asked/posted here at THEIR forums. You needed to go else where to get them to take the issue serious.

Dudeó if it wasn't for 2K'Beth and this forum we wouldn't be getting a special edition. Personally I'm grateful for this forum, and I'm grateful to 2K'Beth.
    I've enjoyed these forums. I've had some fun with Rapture mom. This issue just makes it all seem like they don't listen real well to their own forums.
    My guess, this is working for 2K's benefit. It's a great way to get info related to BioShock/Cult of Rapture/2K forums more advertisement.

Rather than replicate a petition on my end, which would take time and bog me down in red tape

Thanks Mom. That spells it out in a fashion I understand all to well.

I'll go put my Adam Nuhfer to the count>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast