Thread: What is BIOSHOCK:infinite file size on PSN?

What is BIOSHOCK:infinite file size on PSN?

Hello,i want to pre-order the new Bioshock from the PSN store but i have a limited hard drive (40 GB) so i wont be able to download it if the file is too big.
    I have heard the PC version is over 30 Gb which is too big for me if it's the same on PSN,so does anyone knows how big is the game on PSN so i could pre order it?
    Thanks a lot.

Rumor has it, just over 6 GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin360 View Post
    Rumor has it, just over 6 GB.
    Seriously?!
    How could it be? The original Bioshock is over 11 Gb,sounds suspicious...

I got a free digital copy of Bioshock with my Bioshock Infinite preorder and it was something like 12 GB. I can't imagine Infinite being 6.

6gb ummm no?

Quote Originally Posted by nenous2 View Post
    6gb ummm no?
    Where did you all hear about the 6 Gb figure?
    It doesn't make any sense considering the original was 12.
    Can someone from IG clear this out please? People wants to know if they can pre order the thing digitally or not.

minimum PC req is 20GB and i can't imagine why console would be much less.... Because those 20GB do not include the high res textures since that is probably included in the 30GB recommended specs.

EDIT: Is Bioshock 1 really 12GB on PS3. I just checked and it's only 6GB on PC, and that's when it's all extracted.

lol skyrim is like 4gb on xbox.

Its 12 gb on both consoles including textures.

The rumor is affiliated with the leak.

Now that we are so close to release date is there any update in this matter regarding the PSN version file size?
    Please someone from IG?
    It would really help to know.

I reckon 15gb. You should just go get it from a store so you don't have to download it.

Bioshock infinite is really just 6GB. I just bought it yesterday and downloaded it. Bioshock 1 is 11 GB.

The sad thing is, it does not yet let you play Bioshock 1 because of some stupid DRM. Or maybe irrational does not want us to play Bioshock 1 before Infinite?

This pre-downloading of games btw is only in europe I think. In USA you will download on release day (midnight I hear)

Quote Originally Posted by iloveDRM View Post
    Bioshock infinite is really just 6GB. I just bought it yesterday and downloaded it. Bioshock 1 is 11 GB.

The sad thing is, it does not yet let you play Bioshock 1 because of some stupid DRM. Or maybe irrational does not want us to play Bioshock 1 before Infinite?

This pre-downloading of games btw is only in europe I think. In USA you will download on release day (midnight I hear)
    6 GB for the PSN version? For sure?
    That's great for me but maybe that explain why the IGN reviewer complained about the game's graphics on consoles,with only 6 GB it's hard to believe graphics will be too advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukista View Post
    6 GB for the PSN version? For sure?
    That's great for me but maybe that explain why the IGN reviewer complained about the game's graphics on consoles,with only 6 GB it's hard to believe graphics will be too advance.
    That is because the dumb-dumb reviewer doesn't realize the consoles (x-box 360 and ps3) are old and their capabilities...

It can only handle so much till it takes a huge dip in fps and/or freezes...

How I see it with Bioshock Infinite on the consoles is that there is so much on screen (objects, characters, etc.) that the texture resolution had to be lowered to the point it looked "muddy"... probably looks nice at a certain distance but when you look at it up close... it looks pixelated

While other games you may have higher resolution textures yet there is much less "objects" on screen...

yes for sure and i just checked again its 6537 MB (6,5GB) when installed. This is for the european version. USA Version might be a bit less or more depending on how many different languages that version includes.

on a side note i also started a thread on it, they DO NOT LET YOU PLAY BIOSHOCK 1 until launch day it seems. Very dissapointing: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...ore-Bioshock-3

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    That is because the dumb-dumb reviewer doesn't realize the consoles (x-box 360 and ps3) are old and their capabilities...

It can only handle so much till it takes a huge dip in fps and/or freezes...

How I see it with Bioshock Infinite on the consoles is that there is so much on screen (objects, characters, etc.) that the texture resolution had to be lowered to the point it looked "muddy"... probably looks nice at a certain distance but when you look at it up close... it looks pixelated

While other games you may have higher resolution textures yet there is much less "objects" on screen...
    If the textures are muddy and pixelated than why the reviewer is dumb?
    It means he is right and he should mention this in his review,it doesn't matter why,bottom line is that graphics is subpar,consoles fault or not.
    Btw he did mention that the game is just too ambitious for consoles and that's probably why visuals aren't impressive,and with only 6 GB of file size,i guess it is true.