Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite keeps freezing after 4-5 minutes of gameplay

Posted this in another thread, but I'll attach it here as well.

I have gotten some feedback to suggest that at least a few of the freezes may be related to a network card, or otherwise connection related. While we look into this, you may want to try setting Steam to offline mode and see if that helps. So far as I can tell, that one is specific to the "Screen freezes, audio continues" freeze after a few minutes of play, but i could be wrong.

Nvidia users may have some luck with disabling Ambient Occlusion from the in-game graphics options. If this resolves your issues, you may want to then try re-enabling it through the Nvidia Control Panel.

ATI Users have additionally reported improved stability on the 13.3 Beta drivers. These drivers can be obtained directly from AMD.

Note: Please check that your card is compatible with this driver before installing.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etaDriver.aspx

To switch Steam to offline mode:

- Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
    - Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
    - Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
    - Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
    - From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
    - Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode
    - Launch Bioshock Infinite, and see if conditions improve

I'll try to update as we get more reported successes, but if you would like to submit a ticket, please feel free to and we can look into it a little more one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKe View Post
    I heard from 2K support that this is a known issue and is one of the top issues they are working to fix. Hopefully, there will be something soon - unfortunately, I have no insight into timing.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Well at least that's something then...

Got an i5-3230M, Ivy Bridge.

Switched Steam to Offline Mode with all the steps, didn't change anything.

Same problem here folks, after around 20 mins of initial gameplay, the game will freeze during loading screen, I do the usual tskmanager routine. Happens every time now, tried everything except lowering my 680 factory oc, I really want to play it as buttery smooth as possible! Hope it gets sorted soon for the sake of everyone's sanity

win7 64bit ultimate
    i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz (Ivy Bridge)
    evga gtx 680 superclocked 2gb
    8gb ddr3
    msi z77a-g43 mobo

I appreciate tech support's help but I tried ambient occlusion off and steam offline stuff and sadly it froze again...

I think I fixed it for my system: I deactivated my Killer Network Adapter and didn't have a crash/freeze since, that's like 2 savepoints, which is more than twice as long than the time it normally takes to freeze. So it should fix it for everyone with an MSI notebook, I guess. Hope it remains stable and hope this, or something in that direction, works for anyone else.

Hallelujah! Hubey, you're the dude! Now I got also an MSI and when I turned off wi-fi it worked like a charm! I played for like an hour without any problems!

the wi-fi? for me it was the normal lan adapter, the wlan one is still turned one.^^ well, glad to read your game works!

edit: i forgot to say, still had no crash so far.

i tried the other fixes from the irrational forums such as running in offline mode, running it in dx9 and re-installing it again to no avail. The game runs smooth at 40/50 frames /sec not 1 problem till i get in the city. It just freezes and i have to kill the process in task manager. I dont know what else to do. I called 2k and they made me open a ticket i sent my dxdiag and my system info and they told me to try a few things like the ambient occlusion disabling etc. I dont know what else to do it just wont stop freezing and giving me that audio loop after it freezes.

i managed to get it to last a whole hour without crashing. All i did was type -dx10 in the shortcut option in steam and lowered the graphical settings to normal. Even though my rig can run it perfectly on ultra around 50 frames/sec i get the stupid freezing problem after 5 mins or so of playing. I still cant root the reason for the freezes at ultra and high settings. Its gotta be a memory leak or something im overlooking. When it crashes the failure is the actual execute file for bioshock infinite. Hopefully they can get this game stable soon for us guys/gals that are suffering these freezes. Hope this helps a few people play alil at least.

I have tried both steam offline mode and changing to DX9 abd DX11 without success. I think I will try to follow Tech Brad L's advice and lodge a ticket because at this stage I am completely out of luck.

Does anyone know how to submit a 'ticket'?

And thanks for weighing in here Brad - certainly plenty of peeps in need of some assistance with this

Ooops - never mind. I have submitted a 2k Games tech request. If they should provide me with any further info I will post back

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hubey View Post
    I think I fixed it for my system: I deactivated my Killer Network Adapter and didn't have a crash/freeze since, that's like 2 savepoints, which is more than twice as long than the time it normally takes to freeze. So it should fix it for everyone with an MSI notebook, I guess. Hope it remains stable and hope this, or something in that direction, works for anyone else.
    Thanks this worked for me

Is there any way to know when devs are releasing any hotfix or patch that adresses microshuttering ? i'm really pissed of coz i can't play damn game for third day and i dont want to tweak anythink coz i know that my pc can easily handle this game with no effort but shuttering is unplayable. Cmon holiday is ending ill have no time for this game then....

I am having this same issue. It seems that after about 3-5 minutes of gameplay, the game freezes and drops out. I get the NVIDIA error that the graphics drivers have failed and recovered, but the game is minimized and I cannot get it back. Have to CTL+ALT+DEL to close the game.

Running an i7, GTX 680, 8 GB RAM, latest drivers, etc.

SO frustrating. I have tried messing with the ambient occlusion (off) and using older drivers - no luck. Lame that my rig can run it at an FPS level that is awesome for 5 minutes...then nothing.

Tried the Steam offline mode as well. No change.

Tried disabling my network adapter. No change.

Yeah and i got abused on steam that my 2 sli 660 ti sucks, that i need a new pc not bottlecap intel processor. It seem ppl dont see to understand that its game issue, not hardware and that they dont have to do anything, devs HAVE TO do everying for them coz we are the one that pay money for them.

Sorry if I am being dense about this but...

How do you submit a ticket??

Quote Originally Posted by storm2380 View Post
    Sorry if I am being dense about this but...

How do you submit a ticket??
    http://support.2k.com/requests/new

Thank you, junkerjay!

Ticket submitted!

Just submitted one myself, will feedback if I get anywhere. Has anyone seen anything to do with the devs addressing this? Or are we in the minority? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I actually got it working by straight up diconnecting myself from my wifi and turning off my wireless internet, give it a try, best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Nimkoff View Post
    Hey guys, I actually got it working by straight up diconnecting myself from my wifi and turning off my wireless internet, give it a try, best of luck!
    Good job, Zack! I am so NOT going to disconnect myself just to play, hehe. Irrational! GET ON THIS! We want to play your game!

Urge everyone to submit a ticket on this!!

Quote Originally Posted by junkerjay View Post
    Thanks junkerjay! Everyone should submit a ticket on this if you are experiencing problems, especially those of us having the identical problem as this! Flood the tech dudes' in-boxes!

I have spent too much time twiddling with my system to no avail & expect them to fix this ASAP or I want my $$ back!!

Hey all!

GOOD NEWS! Increasing the cache worked for me! Been playing for an hour with no issues!

Try as indicated here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529440.

Good luck all!

Good work storm, unfortunately that fix didn't sort mine out. Just tried it again in case I got something wrong! Now I play the waiting game... Seriously it's as fun as playing the actual game

I had similar situations occur in games that use DX11 (AC3 and FarCry 3), where DX11 engine based games would freeze while audio continues forcing the need to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to close and restart the program. The problem there was that 500 and 600 series Nvidia cards, which I think everyone posting the problem has here, were undervoltaged and thus crashing in DX11 engine games. The fix to that was to increase the voltage but not change other settings to prevent this from occurring. I do this now for all DX11 games and haven't had a problem with Bioshock, but it sounds like it may not be only Ubisoft, but all DX11 games.

I personally have a GTX 570 and set my voltage to 1038 mV to avoid this specific error from happening which was game-breaking for many games. It may work for others who have the same type of problem. I hope this helps some people, but I would caution people to check forums and see what voltages work for other cards and also only do this if you are comfortable messing with graphic card voltages.

Got response from tech submit & 2K techs say its a NVidia problem not the game!

I got feedback from 2K techs, they told me it wasn't a game/software problem we NVidia people are experiencing but that its NVidia's problem! Anyone else get feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by innerev2003 View Post
    I got feedback from 2K techs, they told me it wasn't a game/software problem we NVidia people are experiencing but that its NVidia's problem! Anyone else get feedback?
    I have a ticket open with 2K support, and so far they have reviewed my dxdiag file and found nothing specific. They are now reviewing my msinfo32 file. I think its an Nvidia problem as my pc has also blue screened. I am running Windows 8 64-bit. I would like to try the voltage fix but don't think I should have to do that. My second gtx 670 card is coming back from EVGA (RMA), so I'm hoping to run it in SLI. I'll keep everyone posted but I do think its nvidia's issue.

i have the same problem...

first 1 hour of game, no problem, but now it says : bioshock infinite has stopped working... every time i try to jump up on a hook at the railway part...

no patch or fix yet for this problem?

i still cant play bioshock infinite:

on my:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (4095 MB)
    memory :6,00 GB RAM
    system : win8 64-bit operativsystem
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Are they fking real ?! 4th day and i cant play the damn game, whole holiday ended, still no patch. I have seen other devs release day one patches for minor issues, now this game has grafical bugs, progression issues and other game stopping unacceptable issues. I just want to play it but i cant ....... and theres no news about the patch. so pathetic, is it that hard for programmers to gather and tweak the damn game a little so we could play it? If they are not fixing this its gonna be the last game that i bought, then i am going to pirate everything. Whats the point of paying money for bad quallity product and yes im really mad, sry for my language.

Is there atleast any date when they are planing on realing a fix for this game ?

I feel your pain chies, I have an open ticket though they haven't got back to me yet after I sent my msinfo32.txt. Not sure whats going on really, devs haven't mentioned anything to my knowledge, neither have nvidia. I even tried lowering my factory oc'd 680, but that didn't work either. I'm a huge fan of irrational and the shock games, but I have to say I'm not exactly happy with this scenario, essentially the game is broken for many of us. It took me less time to play SimCity on launch! (please don't berate me for buying it!)

I cant play the game too. It freezes after a couple of minutes and the sound keeps playing. Then it crashes to the desktop with an error message. This is really anoying!!! I bought a game and cant play it with a high end Pc.

My specs:
    i7-3820 3.6 GHz
    Gforce 660 TI
    32MB Ram
    Win 8 64 bit

most of us cant wantplay and devs aint giving a damn...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wantplay View Post
    I cant play the game too. It freezes after a couple of minutes and the sound keeps playing. Then it crashes to the desktop with an error message. This is really anoying!!! I bought a game and cant play it with a high end Pc.

My specs:
    i7-3820 3.6 GHz
    Gforce 660 TI
    32MB Ram
    Win 8 64 bit
    Same problem! Such a shame ... why they don't do anything about this problem ?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wantplay View Post

My specs:
    i7-3820 3.6 GHz
    Gforce 660 TI
    32MB Ram
    Win 8 64 bit
    Same problem! Such a shame ... why they don't do anything about this problem ?

Cpu : i7
    Vga : 5850 Ati
    Ram 4 gig

Hey folks, this is what I got from my ticket:

Hello,

The Msinfo shows that you have a faulting module called, nvwgf2um.dll. This is an issue with your graphics cards driver. Please try reinstalling the most recent driver for your graphics card. If you're still encountering issues with it, you'll need to contact Nvidia. You can reach them here, http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html.

So apparently its an nvidia issue. I will chase up with them and see where it goes, hopefully they are on it and are sorting a fix.

This has officially become a saga now!

Happy trails.

your not wrong - A saga this is!!!

So I'm still waiting on my response from 2k (they are reviewing my MSINFO32 file now) but I am assuming they will come back with what most of you are relaying - that it's an Nvidia issue.

humanespider keep us posted mate - very curious to see what Nvidia have to say. I'll be sending something to em too but the more we hassle em the better

Cheers.

Wait so has anyone not with Nvidia experienced these issues?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast