Thread: Ordinal 345 Not Located.

Question Ordinal 345 Not Located.

Alrighty.

I pre-ordered the game via steam.
    Doing so, I pre-loaded the game as to not have to wait for the awesomeness.

When I try to launch the game, I am interrupted by an error reading.
    The ordinal 345 could not be located in the dynamic link library COMCTL32.dll.

Can someone please, please help me.

This sounds like a missing or corrupted file within windows you should look into repairing this file or your windows installation?

Are you on Vista? XP is below minimum. If you are on Vista, have you installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971644

The recommended way to get that update is to use Windows Update to install it. If your system isn't fully up to date - even if you are not using Vista - go to Windows Update and install everything it offers, even optional components. Check for new updates twice in a row until you get nothing twice in a row. Some updates depend on other updates so they might not appear until you check again. Remember, you need Service Pack 2 for Vista and Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. If you do install a service pack as part of your updates remember to check for more updates after that as well. For the same reason as above.

Quote Originally Posted by headkase View Post
    Are you on Vista? XP is below minimum. If you are on Vista, have you installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971644

The recommended way to get that update is to use Windows Update to install it. If your system isn't fully up to date - even if you are not using Vista - go to Windows Update and install everything it offers, even optional components. Check for new updates twice in a row until you get nothing twice in a row. Some updates depend on other updates so they might not appear until you check again. Remember, you need Service Pack 2 for Vista and Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. If you do install a service pack as part of your updates remember to check for more updates after that as well. For the same reason as above.
    I'm on XP. Does this mean I can't play it until I upgrade?

Yes, you cannot play with Windows XP. The minimum requirement is Windows Vista Service Pack 2. Sorry.

Well poo...Thanks for letting me know. I've had a copy of Vista for a while, but never installed it due to all the work that I would have to go through to format. But now i have a VERY good reason to do so.

Yes, if you have the hardware it is a sweet game. Good luck.