Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: The day of the cheaters, today..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286

    The day of the cheaters, today..

    I don't know who is still thinking there aren't cheaters, but today I have lost 16 points from a head to head, blocked randomly, but today I play an FFA, I killed 2 humans and was blocking the last one, when I see the last pauses the game, and I GOT KICKED FROM THE GAME, disconnected from xbox live..
    At the moment I'm hoping I won't lose my points, if that happens, I think 2k will say "we can do nothing, we don't matter if our players lose skill, days, etc, we only case about the moneys we get.."

    Seriously, I am becoming upset for all these bugs, I was going to be first in head to head today and second in FFA, but maybe I'm going to stop this game..

    And at least they should remove these cheaters, but I still see in XBL cheaters, insulters still playing
    Last edited by MorteEterna; 09-09-2008 at 11:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466

    Talking Lol

    Lol
    Last edited by MrLowcash; 09-10-2008 at 12:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Seriously, I am becoming upset for all these bugs, I was going to be first in head to head today and second in FFA, but maybe I'm going to stop this game.
    IMHO, you need to take a break from ranked CivRev games. You're taking the rankings way too seriously, which is affecting your enjoyment of the game. Unless you're being paid to play the game (i.e., professional gamer), it's just a game.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    IMHO, you need to take a break from ranked CivRev games. You're taking the rankings way too seriously, which is affecting your enjoyment of the game. Unless you're being paid to play the game (i.e., professional gamer), it's just a game.
    Well, the problem is that I don't care so much about ranked games, I mean, I would like to see a fair leaderboard and not cheaters everywhere. However I think soon I will be paid from 2 sponsor, or at least 1, I have to do others things, first.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    210
    How can you cheat in Civ Rev?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    McAllen, TX
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathas View Post
    How can you cheat in Civ Rev?
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix49G View Post
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, start.
    fixed
    you forgot the "b"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466

    Talking Knami

    Quote Originally Posted by icejon View Post
    fixed
    you forgot the "b"
    And a last "a" before "select", "start"

  9. #9
    Morte, you are ridiculous - there are no cheaters in this game. If you are disconnected from XBOX Live when this happens to you this is a very good sign your connection is at fault. Also, freeze-up glitches sometimes stop games and result in a loss in your record. It's the nature of the game that disconnects happen and freeze-ups occur, I suggest not focusing on an arbitrary number on a leaderboard and just play and try to get better at the game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    Morte, you are ridiculous - there are no cheaters in this game. If you are disconnected from XBOX Live when this happens to you this is a very good sign your connection is at fault. Also, freeze-up glitches sometimes stop games and result in a loss in your record. It's the nature of the game that disconnects happen and freeze-ups occur, I suggest not focusing on an arbitrary number on a leaderboard and just play and try to get better at the game.
    I'm not ridicolous, there are CHEATERS in this game, I have seen who pauses the game and seconds later I got kicked, happened to me a lot of times, and he try to pause the game more than one time. I got disconnected when I attack their last city, WOW, and that's not cheating, only a random thing that happens every time. And you say get better as if I should be a noob, well, I have beaten a lot of top players, I know I can better myself, but in the case you were saying I "could" be a noob, well, I'm not.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    I'm not ridicolous, there are CHEATERS in this game, I have seen who pauses the game and seconds later I got kicked, happened to me a lot of times, and he try to pause the game more than one time. I got disconnected when I attack their last city, WOW, and that's not cheating, only a random thing that happens every time. And you say get better as if I should be a noob, well, I have beaten a lot of top players, I know I can better myself, but in the case you were saying I "could" be a noob, well, I'm not.
    You are kinda a n00b for posting this garbage. Just because you disconnect when you are about to win a match, doesn't mean someone is cheating. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure you've played 100+ games on LIVE, these things are bound to happen. You need to take a break from this game, learn to appreciate the leaderboard for what it is. It should be a rough indicator of your progress in online play, not an obsession. Who cares who is number one on that list, it doesn't mean they are better than #2 or #10 or #20, he just played the most games and had the least freeze-ups.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    You are kinda a n00b for posting this garbage. Just because you disconnect when you are about to win a match, doesn't mean someone is cheating. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure you've played 100+ games on LIVE, these things are bound to happen. You need to take a break from this game, learn to appreciate the leaderboard for what it is. It should be a rough indicator of your progress in online play, not an obsession. Who cares who is number one on that list, it doesn't mean they are better than #2 or #10 or #20, he just played the most games and had the least freeze-ups.
    Well, that has happened 30-40 times when I was killing him, maybe they cheated without the knowledge to cheat. Or they could have tried a cheat. But at least 30-40 times this happened when I was in their last city/capital and when I attacked that I got kicked, that's not fair. However, I should be first if I didn't get so many bugs, and I don't see why I shouldn't be first for these cheaters. You call me noob only because I tell you what is true.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Well, that has happened 30-40 times when I was killing him, maybe they cheated without the knowledge to cheat. Or they could have tried a cheat. But at least 30-40 times this happened when I was in their last city/capital and when I attacked that I got kicked, that's not fair. However, I should be first if I didn't get so many bugs, and I don't see why I shouldn't be first for these cheaters. You call me noob only because I tell you what is true.
    You shouldn't be first, you should be exactly where you are at on the leaderboard. The guy who is first won more games than you, and he's had to deal with the exact same problems of this game freezing up in online play. The game freezes up sometimes, it can happen when you are winning or when you are losing. Since you win most of the time you think that these freezeups are a result of the losing player cheating.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    You shouldn't be first, you should be exactly where you are at on the leaderboard. The guy who is first won more games than you, and he's had to deal with the exact same problems of this game freezing up in online play. The game freezes up sometimes, it can happen when you are winning or when you are losing. Since you win most of the time you think that these freezeups are a result of the losing player cheating.
    You are insulting me too much, you would say the first, that never got 3 resets (and I'm the only one that got this 3 times in the top3), should be first? Well, you have understood nothing about my position. I think that because that happens when I'M ATTACKING not when I'm waiting, etc.. I should be first, because there aren't others players that won more games than me and got more bugs. 1 month ago I had the same skill of the first now and the reset has happened already 1 time, so I should be now with 2200-2300 skill (because of many many others bugs) while the second could be maybe 1900 if he has won so many games. And this isn't random math, I'm sure I would have 2200 at least

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    Morte, you are ridiculous - there are no cheaters in this game. If you are disconnected from XBOX Live when this happens to you this is a very good sign your connection is at fault. Also, freeze-up glitches sometimes stop games and result in a loss in your record. It's the nature of the game that disconnects happen and freeze-ups occur, I suggest not focusing on an arbitrary number on a leaderboard and just play and try to get better at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    I'm not ridicolous, there are CHEATERS in this game, I have seen who pauses the game and seconds later I got kicked, happened to me a lot of times, and he try to pause the game more than one time. I got disconnected when I attack their last city, WOW, and that's not cheating, only a random thing that happens every time. And you say get better as if I should be a noob, well, I have beaten a lot of top players, I know I can better myself, but in the case you were saying I "could" be a noob, well, I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    You are kinda a n00b for posting this garbage. Just because you disconnect when you are about to win a match, doesn't mean someone is cheating. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure you've played 100+ games on LIVE, these things are bound to happen. You need to take a break from this game, learn to appreciate the leaderboard for what it is. It should be a rough indicator of your progress in online play, not an obsession. Who cares who is number one on that list, it doesn't mean they are better than #2 or #10 or #20, he just played the most games and had the least freeze-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Well, that has happened 30-40 times when I was killing him, maybe they cheated without the knowledge to cheat. Or they could have tried a cheat. But at least 30-40 times this happened when I was in their last city/capital and when I attacked that I got kicked, that's not fair. However, I should be first if I didn't get so many bugs, and I don't see why I shouldn't be first for these cheaters. You call me noob only because I tell you what is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    You shouldn't be first, you should be exactly where you are at on the leaderboard. The guy who is first won more games than you, and he's had to deal with the exact same problems of this game freezing up in online play. The game freezes up sometimes, it can happen when you are winning or when you are losing. Since you win most of the time you think that these freezeups are a result of the losing player cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    You are insulting me too much, you would say the first, that never got 3 resets (and I'm the only one that got this 3 times in the top3), should be first? Well, you have understood nothing about my position. I think that because that happens when I'M ATTACKING not when I'm waiting, etc.. I should be first, because there aren't others players that won more games than me and got more bugs. 1 month ago I had the same skill of the first now and the reset has happened already 1 time, so I should be now with 2200-2300 skill (because of many many others bugs) while the second could be maybe 1900 if he has won so many games. And this isn't random math, I'm sure I would have 2200 at least
    Is there a mod in the house? How about a 2K employee? My kingdom for a mod or a 2K employee! These two are about to slay each other!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Is there a mod in the house? How about a 2K employee? My kingdom for a mod or a 2K employee! These two are about to slay each other!
    Well, I was posting but I don't know what happend. However, I will say this very fast, I don't like when one spreads bad reputation about me and I want to establish the point, until he doesn't understand, I don't want that he think or says bad about me, I'm human, sorry. However, there are many cheaters in this game, at least I know there is a way to cheat, obviously I don't use it because I'm a top player and I would be considered as cheater, I can't do that all times because I should know when the other players pass, I haven't time to wait that others quit, etc..

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    And this isn't random math, I'm sure I would have 2200 at least
    ROFL



    If you had proof there was a way to cheat you would have described it by now. You know nothing.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Well, I was posting but I don't know what happend. However, I will say this very fast, I don't like when one spreads bad reputation about me and I want to establish the point, until he doesn't understand, I don't want that he think or says bad about me, I'm human, sorry. However, there are many cheaters in this game, at least I know there is a way to cheat, obviously I don't use it because I'm a top player and I would be considered as cheater, I can't do that all times because I should know when the other players pass, I haven't time to wait that others quit, etc..

    Just keep cranking out those Arab Warrior armies. You'll be No. 1 eventually.

    How will that make you feel?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    at least I know there is a way to cheat, obviously I don't use it because I'm a top player and I would be considered as cheater, I can't do that all times because I should know when the other players pass, I haven't time to wait that others quit, etc..
    It's hard to understand your sentences sometimes. So are you saying here you do know how this cheat works, and you use it yourself sometimes?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    ROFL



    If you had proof there was a way to cheat you would have described it by now. You know nothing.
    Really I know a thing but that's depends on many things. I know also that if you change from online to offline could kick others, etc.. I know something. However, I don't need proof about I should have 2200 skill

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Really I know a thing but that's depends on many things. I know also that, etc.. I know something. However, I don't need proof
    Seriously...
    Last edited by ben666satan; 09-10-2008 at 08:44 AM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Really I know a thing but that's depends on many things. I know also that if you change from online to offline could kick others, etc.. I know something. However, I don't need proof about I should have 2200 skill

    I think your parents need to ban you from Xbox Live for a while for your own good. Go outside and play in the sunshine instead of obsessing over a silly game!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    You have zero understanding of how the skill formula works.
    Well, 380+429+75+about 1500 for other bugs, should be enough in my opinion. 400 + 400 + 100 + 1500 = +2400, if it is +1000 it should be 2000. I know if I have more skill I would get more points, but I'm sure it should be 2000 (99% sure about that) or maybe more..

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Well, 380+429+75+about 1500 for other bugs, should be enough in my opinion. 400 + 400 + 100 + 1500 = +2400, if it is +1000 it should be 2000. I know if I have more skill I would get more points, but I'm sure it should be 2000 (99% sure about that) or maybe more..
    It doesn't work that way, not even close.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail View Post
    I think your parents need to ban you from Xbox Live for a while for your own good. Go outside and play in the sunshine instead of obsessing over a silly game!
    Well, I don't play as much as you think maybe or as other americans (35 hours in a row I have seen). I go outside, and I'm better than other players that need to cheat for this game, really, but I would like to have fans for example and beeing 5 would mean that the first is better than me, for who doesn't know me. If I am first, I have proof. However, I know that's a game, and that's why they shouldn't do all things to win a game

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    I would like to have fans for example
    You're going about this all wrong.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    It's hard to understand your sentences sometimes. So are you saying here you do know how this cheat works, and you use it yourself sometimes?
    No, I DON'T cheat, I know a way that WORKS but that would be as if a Killer goes to the police, I'm trying to make you understand as much as possible. Sorry, I'm italian and I'm trying to be as clear as possible, I know I'm not every time.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    No, I DON'T cheat, I know a way that WORKS but that would be as if a Killer goes to the police, I'm trying to make you understand as much as possible. Sorry, I'm italian and I'm trying to be as clear as possible, I know I'm not every time.

    Free Amanda Knox!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail View Post
    Free Amanda Knox!
    Can you explain instead of saying these meaningless things for me? And that's spamming.

    However, in my and others opinion there is a way to cheat, freezing the game or kicking the enemy in the same second he is attacking ISN'T normal

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    No, I DON'T cheat, I know a way that WORKS but that would be as if a Killer goes to the police, I'm trying to make you understand as much as possible. Sorry, I'm italian and I'm trying to be as clear as possible, I know I'm not every time.
    If you know a way to cheat the game and don't tell anyone, don't expect it to ever be fixed. I don't understand why you're even complaining here if you don't even intend to explain yourself fully.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ben666satan View Post
    If you know a way to cheat the game and don't tell anyone, don't expect it to ever be fixed. I don't understand why you're even complaining here if you don't even intend to explain yourself fully.
    Well, I was eating, however I'm sending a pm to 2k. Obviously I don't say this because there are too many people waiting for one saying, hey, press "x br g efre gre th ewwqdg " (don't matter about what I have written) and you kick your enemy.

    However, they should fix many things soon. I would be glad if I could play with no bugs, so I wouldn't have problems about cheaters

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Can you explain instead of saying these meaningless things for me? And that's spamming.

    However, in my and others opinion there is a way to cheat, freezing the game or kicking the enemy in the same second he is attacking ISN'T normal
    Just kidding. The Amanda Knox case in Perugia is well-known world wide, I was making a joke that you were talking about confessing to the police that you were a killer, and also accusing Americans of doing something.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail View Post
    Just kidding. The Amanda Knox case in Perugia is well-known world wide, I was making a joke that you were talking about confessing to the police that you were a killer, and also accusing Americans of doing something.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher
    Well now I seem to remember that, I wasn't so much interested. However, I'm happy that you haven't started to insult me and you said "just kidding".

    However, I meant saying that, when a cheater pauses the game 3-4 times for example and I get kicked, would mean that he says "Hey, I can cheat!!!"

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteEterna View Post
    Well now I seem to remember that, I wasn't so much interested. However, I'm happy that you haven't started to insult me and you said "just kidding".

    However, I meant saying that, when a cheater pauses the game 3-4 times for example and I get kicked, would mean that he says "Hey, I can cheat!!!"
    I think we XBOX gamers deserve a patch already... The game definately glitches up all the time and it doesn't surprise me if someone figured out how to use this as an exploit. But its not realistic that everyone is cheating you, surely most of the time the glitch is happening on its own without anyone causing the glitch to occur on purpose. If you think that every time the game crashes someone is deviously trying to cheat you, you need to take a step back from the game because you're way too paranoid.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    754
    I'd still be fighting for #1 if I didn't lose my stats magically. We still don't have an answer as to what happened, or why, aside from a theory that the ladder removes people after so much inactivity, or did back then.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMystic View Post
    I'd still be fighting for #1 if I didn't lose my stats magically. We still don't have an answer as to what happened, or why, aside from a theory that the ladder removes people after so much inactivity, or did back then.
    I'm pretty sure inactivity will cause your stats to be wiped off the leaderboard but I have no idea how long this takes.

  37. #37
    Yeah those are some pretty phucked answers.. seriously.. i paid 65$ for the game it should work and not freeze up all the time. I understand where he is comeing from, its not easy to get the #1 spot and when the game freezes or something and causes you to lose and be #2 i would be pissed off too, esp after playing for many hours and it being a total waste, or was about to get an acheivement and dont get it because the game freezes up and wasted 2 r 3 hours on a game that does not count and dont win, when i should have

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •