Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 192

Thread: Pcg Uk: 95%!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140

    Pcg Uk: 95%!

    Just got my PCGamer UK in the post, they gave Bioshock 95% .

    It's a 7sides review and was a great read, suggest anyone interested goes and picks the mag up, I believe it's the first review, but not sure .

    Would scan it for you all but I am guessing that isn't allowed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    Just got my PCGamer UK in the post, they gave Bioshock 95% .

    It's a 7sides review and was a great read, suggest anyone interested goes and picks the mag up, I believe it's the first review, but not sure .

    Would scan it for you all but I am guessing that isn't allowed?
    wait wait wait....those sons of B****** have got a gold copy of BioShock!!!!

    THATS NOT FAIR

    not to mention it deserves 100%

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    Just got my PCGamer UK in the post, they gave Bioshock 95% .

    It's a 7sides review and was a great read, suggest anyone interested goes and picks the mag up, I believe it's the first review, but not sure .

    Would scan it for you all but I am guessing that isn't allowed?
    i went to their website, says there isn't a review.

    don't worry though, you will not be banned for making this thread no matter how useless it may be, i can assure you that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLeckie View Post
    wait wait wait....those sons of B****** have got a gold copy of BioShock!!!!

    THATS NOT FAIR

    not to mention it deserves 100%
    Hmm, I think you mean 110%.
    Either way, this is great news! Hopefully U.K. OXM gets the review with it on Thursday. I want to see it soo badly!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    There is some interesting info about the Camera -- not sure if it's been said elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

    There is 3 pictures, the first:

    1. Pic of head of a splicer, rest of it out of the picture. With the text "While this snap may be artistically excellent, capturing only the head is poor composition so it won't teach you much."

    2. Pic of a dead splicer. With the text "Perfectly framed, but this guy is dead, This means you get less credit for the photo, as does snapping the same subject twice."

    3. Pic of splicer attacking a Big Daddy. With the text "Multiple subjects! Action shot! This is A+ stuff, probably netting you a damage bonus, some tactical info and a new Tonic".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, SC
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    Would scan it for you all but I am guessing that isn't allowed?
    Well, you could scan it and then host it somewhere. Of course mentioning it on the boards would be against the rules, but if people just assumed you had and PM'd you asking the location of said scan, well...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    Thanks Nemos never saw that before! but it is a bit OT

    still i really envy review sites that get stuff early i remember bleeding envy when i read about the OPSM crew getting a PAL PS3 early back when i was an ignorant.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    There is some interesting info about the Camera -- not sure if it's been said elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

    There is 3 pictures, the first:

    1. Pic of head of a splicer, rest of it out of the picture. With the text "While this snap may be artistically excellent, capturing only the head is poor composition so it won't teach you much."

    2. Pic of a dead splicer. With the text "Perfectly framed, but this guy is dead, This means you get less credit for the photo, as does snapping the same subject twice."

    3. Pic of splicer attacking a Big Daddy. With the text "Multiple subjects! Action shot! This is A+ stuff, probably netting you a damage bonus, some tactical info and a new Tonic".
    Ooh, I like.
    One of my favorite thing of Dead Rising was the pictures, so i hope they do a good system of it in this, too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    821
    Nemos, can you type the first couple sentences of the review please? it's just that the site says there is no review.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In Hungary, cheering for Fradi's handballteam!
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by purplerose1414 View Post
    Well, you could scan it and then host it somewhere. Of course mentioning it on the boards would be against the rules, but if people just assumed you had and PM'd you asking the location of said scan, well...
    Yes, this would be great. I'm dying to know more about the PC version.

    95% is good but I've expected a little bit more... Very good news, I hope we'll be able to try the game soon in a form of a demo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Hey, 95% is still good. Only five more points could be added, so I'd call it successful.
    On the other hand, I never read a review from this source, so I can't be sure.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    332
    Is this real ? The first review of Bioshock ?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    uh uh 95% is not good enough for BioShock, if it dosent get AAAA there is no such thing as a AAAA

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by snEEkie Villain View Post
    i went to their website, says there isn't a review.

    don't worry though, you will not be banned for making this thread no matter how useless it may be, i can assure you that.
    http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9082/orlybj9.jpg

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,585
    Jeah I would count that as proof.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    821
    fair enough, congrats on reading the first BioShock review ever.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    332
    This is fantastic ! Now I really gotta get money for a serious upgrade.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    You made my day, and maybe even week. I sir, nominate you as member of the week, if there was one.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by snEEkie Villain View Post
    Nemos, can you type the first couple sentences of the review please? it's just that the site says there is no review.
    Bioshock

    We can hardly Adam and Eve it

    This review is a strictly enforced spoiler-free zone. It's vital that you don't let anyone spoil BioShock for you, and three words would ruin it.

    So Kindly refrain from reading any forums and the like until you've bought, played and completed the game. Which is something you should do as quickly as possible Partly because it's an unbelievably fine game, but also because I'm not sure how long I can go without talking about the bit where (spoiler deleted. Sigh. - Ed).

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    And if that is not enough proof.
    Here ya go. Scroll down a bit.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    Damn nemos that didnt take long.

    nice going well i guess 95% is a decent start.

    actually nemos could you (minus spoilers) tell us what they found negative about the game?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    84
    In all my gaming life, I haven't seen much games that received a 95% score. Not that I am surprised, I knew Bioshock would rock your socks off.

    Cheers to Irrational!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLeckie View Post
    Damn nemos that didnt take long.

    nice going well i guess 95% is a decent start.

    actually nemos could you (minus spoilers) tell us what they found negative about the game?
    Mmm nothing that stood out to them. In their round up they say:

    It's:
    - A horror game
    - A long game
    - A Shock game
    It's not:
    - Bugged
    - Demanding
    - About killing kids

    Sublime: 95%

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris View Post
    In all my gaming life, I haven't seen much games that received a 95% score. Not that I am surprised, I knew Bioshock would rock your socks off.

    Cheers to Irrational!
    I think the highest score PCG UK ever gave was 96% to Half-Life, Half-Life 2 got 94% (iirc). So 95% is very much awesome-sauce .

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    then why the 95% surely if there is no negatives then why only 95%?

    probably some trivial thing that dosent matter that it nothing in the long run except to those pathetic excuses for reviewers the filthy worms....

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,585
    The not demanding part makes me wanna jump and run to my local pc store.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    I think the highest score PCG UK ever gave was 96% to Half-Life, Half-Life 2 got 94% (iirc). So 95% is very much awesome-sauce .
    half life 2 got higher than bioshock? with all due respect to fans of the series and valve it is a brilliant game but still the basic gameplay mechanics are no more advanced than doom with run jump shoot ect.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    I think the highest score PCG UK ever gave was 96% to Half-Life, Half-Life 2 got 94% (iirc). So 95% is very much awesome-sauce .
    Wow, definately a trust-able source then.
    Like I said, you made my day. I guess staying up an extra hour does pay off.

  29. #29
    Lol, at first I thought you guys were joking about being dissatisfied with 95%, but now I'm not so sure. Guys, 95% is an amazing, unbelievable score, no matter how hyped a game is. If a game score a 95, it's a success, by anyone's (I hope) standards.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    something tells me this will be the fastest growing thread ever seen on the the CoR.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In Hungary, cheering for Fradi's handballteam!
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    I think the highest score PCG UK ever gave was 96% to Half-Life, Half-Life 2 got 94% (iirc). So 95% is very much awesome-sauce .
    If I only understood why HL games get such high scores... Deus Ex is a lot better than both of them, together...

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,585
    Me neither can anyone explain why hl2 is so great apparantly?

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    140
    Another thing they say is that, in the end, you worry more about killing Big Daddies than Little Sisters.

    To quote:

    "A lot of fuss has been made over the fact that you can't just shoot the Little Sisters -- the sea-slug parasite inside them heals the damage instantly, says the game fiction. But in practice, you get used to the idea very quickly. I mean, hopefully your desire to headshot a toddler is fairly low to begin with, so discovering you can't do it anyway is not exactly the end of the world.

    The choice that really is emotionally affecting comes before this. Do you kill the Big Daddy? You're usually desperate for Adam, but these gentle giants are the only things in the game that mean you no harm. Once you've watched them hammer a few Splicers, you develop a real fondness for the big guys, and their death is far more disturbing than the mysterious vanishing act a harvested Little Sister pulls. Their tiny platters barefoot over to the enormous dead hulk, wailing and sobbing. "Mr Bubbles!" she cries, "Please get up! Please!"."

  34. #34
    Raveness's Avatar
    on suspension -- possible hacked account
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,873
    This is great Can you keep going Nemos? We promise you many sacrificial splicer virgins

  35. #35
    Raveness's Avatar
    on suspension -- possible hacked account
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    Their tiny platters barefoot over to the enormous dead hulk, wailing and sobbing. "Mr Bubbles!" she cries, "Please get up! Please!"."
    Aw jeez Not a game for the soft hearted. Makes me wonder if the voice change was done to make sure players would continue playing instead of breaking down in a sobbing fit of apologies.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    Another thing they say is that, in the end, you worry more about killing Big Daddies than Little Sisters.

    To quote:

    "A lot of fuss has been made over the fact that you can't just shoot the Little Sisters -- the sea-slug parasite inside them heals the damage instantly, says the game fiction. But in practice, you get used to the idea very quickly. I mean, hopefully your desire to headshot a toddler is fairly low to begin with, so discovering you can't do it anyway is not exactly the end of the world.

    The choice that really is emotionally affecting comes before this. Do you kill the Big Daddy? You're usually desperate for Adam, but these gentle giants are the only things in the game that mean you no harm. Once you've watched them hammer a few Splicers, you develop a real fondness for the big guys, and their death is far more disturbing than the mysterious vanishing act a harvested Little Sister pulls. Their tiny platters barefoot over to the enormous dead hulk, wailing and sobbing. "Mr Bubbles!" she cries, "Please get up! Please!"."
    Oh darn it. I always grow sympathy for these kinds of things. Oh well, at least the little sister is evil, so I can harvest the hell outta them.

  37. #37
    Raveness's Avatar
    on suspension -- possible hacked account
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,873
    That_Dude and I will start the CoRSPCLS , complete with Fight Club-esque crying sessions



    CoRSPCLS = Cult of Rapture Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Little Sisters

  38. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,479
    so thats why the LS's dont take damage and it works well (having a source of eternal stem cells would account for it)

    but yeah im with necors in woundering whats just so great about HL2

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveness View Post
    That_Dude and I will start the CoRSPCLS , complete with Fight Club-esque crying sessions



    CoRSPCLS = Cult of Rapture Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Little Sisters
    Indeed. Leave them alone, or I will incinerate you!
    P.S. I'm so desperate for this game, I started messing with a hair-dryer, pretending it was an upgraded pistol. Of course, it did look like one! I swear!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SoCal. Mmmm, toasty.
    Posts
    1,934
    Uh-oh, that quote messed up...Nooo!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •