Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 52

Thread: What's your ideal Bioshock?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651

    What's your ideal Bioshock?

    Well I've been daydreaming A LOT of how I would've made Bioshock Infinite my ideal game. (Currently KH is mines...) So let the discussion begun!

    - Recognizable villains. I really think allowing you to face an challenge against every Founder in the game would've been really amazing! I mean why should we only have to go up against Fink? Why do the Vox get all the fun? Allowing you to battle against all the Founders and their armies would've added more recognizable battles in the game,and even boss battles. The first Bioshocks included amazing villains such as Fontaine,Andrew,and Cohen. Anyways I think this would've not only have added more battles,but more areas to Columbia for you the player to explore,each Founder maybe ruling each specific district of Columbia.

    - Higher spawn rate of special enemies. I think the game lacked the Firemen,Ravens,Patriots,and Handymen. With Fink creating so many vending machines in such you expect a lot more Patriots in my opinion. The Ravens and Firemen weren't that powerful and in my opinion should've included more in a pack.

    - More varieties of enemies. I would've loved to see an army of Firemen,although most of them just being suicide bombers. Electromen. I mean the Vox had a different type of Handyman and Raven,I don't see why they made an opposite of the Fireman! I honestly would've loved to see an Electroman,I really miss the Bioshock 2 multiplayer effects when you get hit. (still dislike multiplayer) And think this would've been a fabulous addition to the Vox team! As someone posted in a thread of how they'd love to see new kinds of Motorized Patriots that also use Vigors to fight and there's some Motorized Patriots who shoot electrified bullets. I would've loved to see pure melee-based enemies! Like fully-armored enemies (Tinmen) using metal maces,hammers,etc. and the only Vigor they use is Charge,would've added an extreme challenge to the game! Than defensive enemies who are the front-lines for the Founders/Vox who carry big shields around and use Return to Sender along with it and the only way you could kill them is with Vigors.

    - More choices. I don't want the choices to affect the ending of the game so just one ending really,but was hoping for that there would be multiple routes you could take (again not changing the ending) of how Elizabeth treated you or specific dialogue or scenes you would receive. Like for example,killing citizens than Elizabeth would give you ruder dialogue. Giving citizens money or food would make Elizabeth give you kinder dialogue. Hey! Even the beginning of the game like for the "Honor System" or when the woman asks if you want to buy a ribbon I think to help the Girls Revolution or something. It'd be nice to see it affecting Booker's personality too!

    - More skylines. They didn't show up much in the game (in my opinion) however any part with Skylines was one of the most memorable parts in the game in my opinion. My favorite battle involving the Skylines would most definitely have to be at the Downtown Emporium,especially with all the options of landings we were given to use. I should also note about how Ken was talking about the Skylines and how he wanted to give us players a feeling like we were on a rollercoaster ride,I personally did not feel that at all. Now the past gameplay footage shown of the Skyline was absolutely amazing,the Skyline was going ultra fast and like an actual rollercoaster,the skyline actually curved downwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XYPgH_HFCU Go to 2:07 and 3:28 to understand what I'm talking about

    - Game's difficulty. I'm just going to brag for a second here,but I played Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode for my first playthrough along with the Scavenger Hunt trophy and I'll tell you it was EASY!!! Ken really brought my hopes up for 1999 mode and I was brought down really,I found 42$ from simple exploration,and I think that's to much. He said we would really have limited upgrades or something similar to that,I used RPG,Shotgun,Hand Cannon,and Sniper Rifle. (got all USEFUL upgrades) You really just needed upgraded Murder of Crows,Devil's Kiss,and Undertow to survive for a LONG time. I'm currently on my Sky-hook melee gameplay and playing smoothly without much problems.

    - Voxophones. I think I speak for everyone for this but Voxophones lacked information,not enough info on Vigors,Handymen,Boy of Silence,etc. I'll still admit I enjoyed reading the Voxophones,but I think like the first Bioshocks they could've added more emotional values to the Voxophones along with it. Only found one emotional Voxophone in the game and that was with the Handyman.

    - Horses. Honestly,when I see an freaking electric mechanical horse I'm gonna ride that freaking electric mechanical horse. This would've been an epic FPS shooter experience with a horse and Elizabeth alongside you,or at least made the horses do something!

    - Emotional moments. My favorite part of the first Bioshock game,like with the Splicers on their anniversary,honestly,so beautiful. I really wish there were moments where you and Elizabeth can just sneak up on enemies sometimes and hear beautiful dialogue,like maybe a Founder who's talking to a picture of his family saying ,"Don't worry,I'll be back." or something like that. It's those little emotional parts of the game that makes Bioshock a Bioshock in my opinion.

    - It doesn't always have to end in blood. Thinking about what Comstock said and how everything ends in blood for Booker,well it doesn't actually. There should be scenes in the game where you sneak up on some enemies and they'll just surrender or hell,scenes where maybe the Founders or Vox have seen the truth and decide to help Booker from time to time like opening a door instead of wasting lockpicks. I think this would've made the game more enjoyable.

    - Exploration. This is just a really minor problem but I think it would've been nice to make up the loss of a U-Invent machine making new exploration mechanics. Such as secret exploration parts in the game aside from the Code books,like the clock you find in the Good Time Club near the code book,I'm telling you I would've wanted to check out that clock for some goodies. And I'm talking about like taking time to explore like a little scene occurring instead of just opening the wardrobe with a simple push of the button.

    - Gun appearance. I really loved the upgrade gun feature absolutely so much in the first Bioshocks! Hopefully if they ever add weapon DLC,they will include classic weapon DLC that will change the appearance as you upgrade it to include the most nostalgia feeling. I'd also like an Vox version of every gun. I don't mean like the Hail Fire is the opposite of Little Piggy,I mean like some of the guns who don't have an alternate like the Broadsider Pistol or Bird's Eye would include the iconic Vox Populi red ribbon like in the art book. Adding onto this post,hopefully they add some Bioshock 1 weapon DLC to begin with,like crossbows...

    - More tear options. I think the gun really lacked on this since it was basically,"Cover!","Yay automaton!","Woot some guns!" and I didn't find myself using Freight Hook tears often until I got really into melee-type of gameplay. I would've liked it if they included the crates like in the old footage to make Elizabeth also more combat-orientated.

    - Wish they'd attack Elizabeth. I think it's just me,but I would've prefer the option to babysit Elizabeth from time to time. Honestly I would expect the Founders trying to take Elizabeth while they're stalling you,and I doubt the Vox really would care who she was so I think they kill her in the first place. I'm not saying you have to babysit her the ENTIRE game but it'd be nice if they added some extra tears specifically for Elizabeth like an fortress or sometimes the enemies will grab her and you have to save her.

    - Final battle boss. I was hoping that after Songbird destroys the siphon you'd have to stall him until Elizabeth fully regains back her powers to open a tear. I can imagine the epic battle with Songbird where you're riding the Skyline and than Songbird destroys it causing you to fall into Columbia again and Elizabeth tries to help you as much as you can to get down to Columbia safely.

    - Longer gameplay. Simply because I can't stop playing Bioshock Infinite and would've enjoyed if it was longer,simply just because I LOVE IT!

    Added a lot more!
    Last edited by CyborgHippo; 04-11-2013 at 10:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea
    Posts
    946
    I agree with everything you listed Hippo, on top of those this is what I'd like:


    *Some kind of stealth/disguise mechanic. All the perks are in the form of clothes, so make it that if you don't adapt/change every so often you get recognised a bit more, not in a huge OMG he's over there! (suddenly) kind of way, but more subtle, just enough of a stealth mechanic to give some opportunities here and there, but isn't utterly integral to gameplay. It would also encourage people to mix it up and try new things.

    *Less static NPC's, who have individual faces and aren't boring clones. They interact with each other and the environment more.

    *Falling off Columbia. Currently, even if you directly jump off it just zapps you back to where you are, this takes a lot of tension and atmosphere out of the game. Make it so you can fall off Columbia and die, it lets you fall at least 10x the length it does currently and then shows a first-person death cam of you plummeting to the ground and returns you to your last save.

    *U-Invent. Expand on the U-Invent. Custom ammo, custom weapons, you have to use the U-Invent to apply gun upgrades, custom items that can be used to unlock a secret areas or used in a side objective. This would also give more meaning to exploring/scavenging.

    *Multiplayer. There is a lot they could of done with MP, it would add massive replayabilty if done right and there is a lot they could do with it. Checkout my thread 'How you can play Multiplayer' as an example.

    *New Game+. This would be a great OPTION for replayability being able to start over with a wider selection of Vigors and guns, have it unusable with 1999 mode.

    *Manual save option, disabled during certain times like cut-scenes.

    *Weapon select wheel/carry more than 2 guns.

    *Delve into the themes of the story more, racism, American elitism/exceptionalism, politics. Bring back Saltonstall and other politicians etc.

    *Side Objectives. some people think side-objectives mean turning the game into Skyrim/going overboard - not so, I merely suggest sprinkling side objectives throughout the game so it has more content, delves a little deeper into the lore and improves the atmosphere. Here are some examples of side-objectives; Buy a black boy an ice-cream because the shop is segregated and he can't go in. In Shanty Town there is a woman and her children who are sickly, they give you an infusion bottle(family heirloom of somekind) to trade for medicine for them, or you could use it for yourself. In the rich area of Columbia have more menial tasks like hand out flyers for their church/cult, help get the cat out of the tree(press X to climb branch etc or shoot the tree to scare the cat down) or maybe have a situation where police are beating a Hispanic/black worker and you can join them in order to fit in or help the worker and be rewarded later but have to deal with more police.

    *Less Dollar Bill shops, maybe one per level/area.


    Let me know what you think. I might update my post if I think of more. You should add these to the OP list.
    Last edited by Arcane Enigma; 04-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Enigma View Post
    I'll post my ideas once you've finished your own you son of a gun.
    I'm about to edit it again,just replayed my Vox Handyman battle without using the Dollar Bill Machine

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    184
    I love that you introduced this thread, but it's late and can't make a substantial list at the moment. I'll definitely have to revisit this tomorrow!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    I love that you introduced this thread, but it's late and can't make a substantial list at the moment. I'll definitely have to revisit this tomorrow!
    Glad I made a thread that people might enjoy. I didn't want to make one of those dumb threads people wouldn't want to reply too D:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHippo View Post
    Well I've been daydreaming A LOT of how I would've made Bioshock Infinite my ideal game. (Currently KH is mines...) So let the discussion begun!

    - Electromen. I mean the Vox had a different type of Handyman and Raven,I don't see why they made an opposite of the Fireman! I honestly would've loved to see an Electroman,I really miss the Bioshock 2 multiplayer effects when you get hit. (still dislike multiplayer) And think this would've been a fabulous addition to the Vox team!

    - Higher spawn rate of special enemies. I think the game lacked the Firemen,Ravens,Patriots,and Handymen. With Fink creating so many vending machines in such you expect a lot more Patriots in my opinion. The Ravens and Firemen weren't that powerful and in my opinion should've included more in a pack. I would've loved to see an army of Firemen,although most of them just being suicide bombers.

    - More choices. I don't want the choices to affect the ending of the game so just one ending really,but was hoping for that there would be multiple routes you could take (again not changing the ending) of how Elizabeth treated you or specific dialogue or scenes you would receive. Like for example,killing citizens than Elizabeth would give you ruder dialogue.

    - More skylines. They didn't show up much in the game (in my opinion) however any part with Skylines was one of the most memorable parts in the game in my opinion. My favorite battle involving the Skylines would most definitely have to be at the Downtown Emporium,especially with all the options of landings we were given to use.

    - Gun appearance. I really loved the upgrade gun feature absolutely so much in the first Bioshocks! Hopefully if they ever add weapon DLC,they will include classic weapon DLC that will change the appearance as you upgrade it to include the most nostalgia feeling. I'd also like an Vox version of every gun. I don't mean like the Hail Fire is the opposite of Little Piggy,I mean like some of the guns who don't have an alternate like the Broadsider Pistol or Bird's Eye would include the iconic Vox Populi red ribbon like in the art book. Adding onto this post,hopefully they add some Bioshock 1 weapon DLC to begin with,like crossbows...

    - More tear options. I think the gun really lacked on this since it was basically,"Cover!","Yay automaton!","Woot some guns!" and I didn't find myself using Freight Hook tears often until I got really into melee-type of gameplay. I would've liked it if they included the crates like in the old footage to make Elizabeth also more combat-orientated.

    - Wish they'd attack Elizabeth. I think it's just me,but I would've prefer the option to babysit Elizabeth from time to time. Honestly I would expect the Founders trying to take Elizabeth while they're stalling you,and I doubt the Vox really would care who she was so I think they kill her in the first place. I'm not saying you have to babysit her the ENTIRE game but it'd be nice if they added some extra tears specifically for Elizabeth like an fortress or sometimes the enemies will grab her and you have to save her.

    - Final battle boss. I was hoping that after Songbird destroys the siphon you'd have to stall him until Elizabeth fully regains back her powers to open a tear. I can imagine the epic battle with Songbird where you're riding the Skyline and than Songbird destroys it causing you to fall into Columbia again and Elizabeth tries to help you as much as you can to get down to Columbia safely

    - Longer gameplay. Simply because I can't stop playing Bioshock Infinite and would've enjoyed if it was longer,simply just because I LOVE IT!

    I'm probably be adding more once I take a break from Infinite since I'm currently playing so I can't post all of my ideas.
    Can't see how anyone could disagree with any of these.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camping in Arcadia (Atlanta)
    Posts
    623
    Can never have enough Skylines.


    Every single point you made Hippo seems a fair one. I wouldn't mind if any of these suggestions were implemented.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    184
    I do want to quickly say I agree with just about everything you suggested, most particularly the gun upgrades. That was one element I sorely missed from Bioshock, especially the shotgun with that steam-powered thing to give it more umpf. That was cool!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Thanks guys! Good to know there's many people who agree with me

    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    I do want to quickly say I agree with just about everything you suggested, most particularly the gun upgrades. That was one element I sorely missed from Bioshock, especially the shotgun with that steam-powered thing to give it more umpf. That was cool!
    Exactly! Especially with the steampunk sky city I'd expect a steampunk gun to go along with it! Haha,anyways about to update

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    204
    -With regards to the tears, I liked the idea of Elizabeth needing to rest between opening tears (which got cut); maybe she could have a "tear" resource and certain things would let this resource regenerate more quickly; perhaps something similar to gear(or would this be going too far? Maybe). As an example, if you were fighting some Founder troops Elizabeth could bring in a group of Vox Populi to help fight them, but this would drain the entire resource. Calling in a crate of salts would take about half, and calling in a sniper rifle would recharge very quickly. You could activate more than one tear at a time, but that would deplete the resource quicker than one a time. This would force you to play smart and tactical.
    What we have now is basically another excuse to press the "F" key.

    -In terms of more choices, it would be cool if your choices lead to different gameplay opportunities. For example, if you draw your gun on the guy behind the counter Elizabeth runs away and you need to fight your way through more enemies to catch up to her. If you take a less violent approach(and get stabbed in the hand) you lose some health, permanently. But Elizabeth discovers an alternate route with extra money and some gear(that allows you to avoid some enemies).

    -Perhaps linking this back to tears, the decisions you make around Elizabeth influences her tear abilities. A good/trusting relationship = more tear opportunities, or she requires less time to recharge before opening new tears. Acting violent or opportunistic (Ex- stealing from stores, starting fights) leads to less trust, and fitting with the idea of tears being "wish fulfillment" Elizabeth has less of a desire to help you and so you have less tears available. Additionally, what if Elizabeth had a limited number of "special tears"; for example calling in a Vox zeppelin to rain artillery fire on your enemies or pulling in a locomotive which could do massive damage to a single target, like a Handyman. Of course, because these are limited you would really need to use them carefully.

    Tears were such an awesome concept but so simplified that the game could have almost gone without them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by zeyphon View Post
    -With regards to the tears, I liked the idea of Elizabeth needing to rest between opening tears (which got cut); maybe she could have a "tear" resource and certain things would let this resource regenerate more quickly; perhaps something similar to gear(or would this be going too far? Maybe). As an example, if you were fighting some Founder troops Elizabeth could bring in a group of Vox Populi to help fight them, but this would drain the entire resource. Calling in a crate of salts would take about half, and calling in a sniper rifle would recharge very quickly. You could activate more than one tear at a time, but that would deplete the resource quicker than one a time. This would force you to play smart and tactical.
    What we have now is basically another excuse to press the "F" key.

    -In terms of more choices, it would be cool if your choices lead to different gameplay opportunities. For example, if you draw your gun on the guy behind the counter Elizabeth runs away and you need to fight your way through more enemies to catch up to her. If you take a less violent approach(and get stabbed in the hand) you lose some health, permanently. But Elizabeth discovers an alternate route with extra money and some gear(that allows you to avoid some enemies).

    -Perhaps linking this back to tears, the decisions you make around Elizabeth influences her tear abilities. A good/trusting relationship = more tear opportunities, or she requires less time to recharge before opening new tears. Acting violent or opportunistic (Ex- stealing from stores, starting fights) leads to less trust, and fitting with the idea of tears being "wish fulfillment" Elizabeth has less of a desire to help you and so you have less tears available. Additionally, what if Elizabeth had a limited number of "special tears"; for example calling in a Vox zeppelin to rain artillery fire on your enemies or pulling in a locomotive which could do massive damage to a single target, like a Handyman. Of course, because these are limited you would really need to use them carefully.

    Tears were such an awesome concept but so simplified that the game could have almost gone without them.
    Your last two ideas were really fantastic in my opinion,however I would exclude the alternate route for extra money and gear personally I just want a moral of choice idea like stated above,different dialogue,cutscenes,and personalities given. Also I love what you mean about relationship affecting Tears however I don't think being bad Booker should give you less tears however more violent varieties of tears like being nice would give you more support tears such as guns in such while bad Booker tears usually consist more of Patriots,Automatons,etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Casterly Rock
    Posts
    506
    Hmm. Maybe this would make combat more frustrating, not more fun, but I would still get a kick out of seeing it.

    I'd go back to the idea of Elizabeth not always being able to control her powers, and I like the idea that it takes her a while before she can use her powers again.

    Then in combat when she opens a tear, maybe it's not something predetermined that you can choose to bring in. Maybe it's completely random what she brings in. Sometimes you get stuff that's useful, sometimes you get stuff that just makes your jaw drop because it's so bizarre. A medieval knight on a charger. A bunch of circus clowns. A Sherman tank. Even a Big Daddy from Rapture. These items brought in might not even be on your side, but just cause complete chaos during the combat (imagine the circus clowns getting in the way of Vox gunfire).

    Every once in a while Elizabeth might bring in something that helps the other side, like a Handyman. So deciding when to call on Elizabeth to use her powers becomes something you really have to think about.

    I think it might make for some memorable moments in combat, even if it leads to more frequent player deaths.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sam Beckett View Post
    Hmm. Maybe this would make combat more frustrating, not more fun, but I would still get a kick out of seeing it.

    I'd go back to the idea of Elizabeth not always being able to control her powers, and I like the idea that it takes her a while before she can use her powers again.

    Then in combat when she opens a tear, maybe it's not something predetermined that you can choose to bring in. Maybe it's completely random what she brings in. Sometimes you get stuff that's useful, sometimes you get stuff that just makes your jaw drop because it's so bizarre. A medieval knight on a charger. A bunch of circus clowns. A Sherman tank. Even a Big Daddy from Rapture. These items brought in might not even be on your side, but just cause complete chaos during the combat (imagine the circus clowns getting in the way of Vox gunfire).

    Every once in a while Elizabeth might bring in something that helps the other side, like a Handyman. So deciding when to call on Elizabeth to use her powers becomes something you really have to think about.

    I think it might make for some memorable moments in combat, even if it leads to more frequent player deaths.
    I love the Circus Clowns idea! I would've loved to see her summons balloons or a train from time to time! I personally wouldn't want her to be able to open a tear of a live object like an Handyman or Big Daddy though.

  14. -MOAR SKYLINES!
    -The original tear system where Elizabeth condition worsens the more you use tears
    -Different ammon types for each weapon (Explosive buck for the Heater, Electric buck for the China Broom, Trap (Proximity) Mines for the RPG, Armour Piercing Rounds for the Handcannon/Carbine/Sniper Rifle/Repeater, Flesh Ripper (Anti-personnel) Rounds for the Pistol/Burstgun/Machine Gun)
    -U Invent
    -A final battle with songbird
    -Choices like in the early demos where you can choose to spare or kill people, and this can allow you to access new areas (like with Cohen in the first game) which have nice but non-essential items in them like gears or weapons (oh, had to give up your Handcannon? Don't worry, there's one here)
    -More memorable enemies. Fink was alright, but there definitely should be other Founders and other important members of the Vox. Why not fight the vigor makers like Marlowe (Super Crow who can also set his crows on you and uses a shotgun or something)
    -More fights with Handymen and more appearances from the Boys of Silence (as well as their original mechanics of actually listening for sounds instead of acting like a security camera and staying in one place)
    -More "special" enemies that use vigors (like the fireman and crow), like the Electroman you mentioned, a guy that looks like a grim reaper who uses Return to Sender and you can see that his hands are pretty much just bone because of long-term use of it, using RtS to get up close and maybe even deflect your bullets back so that he cannot attack you with a scythe
    -More Voxophones about the creation of Handymen, Boys, the Songbird and Vigors but I only really want to know more about the Boys and Songbird
    -1999 mode should be harder. Instead of just more health and more damage for the enemies, they should work together more like some citizens would repair/heal other enemies, enemies would use gears, they'd be more resistant to vigors etc

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wherever my imagination takes me.
    Posts
    1,506
    1: More Horror Elements: While Infinite was still SCARY, it was more from a thought-provoking and political/philosophical standpoint. I would like to see more 'BOO!' horror. Guys jumping out at you, stalking you, or generally guys who are SCARY to look at. While Boys of Silence were unsettling, they were far from something I wouldn't want to bump into on a dark night on a vacant street.

    2: More Combat Choices: I loved Infinite's combat, but I rarely used anything other that two vigors and a machine gun. I'd like gameplay that requires players use different combat methods frequently then just spamming one move and OCCASIONALLY using a different one. It makes combat more hectic. Also, I don't like Stunlocking enemies. When I can creep behind a Motorized Patriot and shock him, then shoot him in the back for a few seconds, then find that kills him.... disappointing ;.;

    3:Less powerful Preorder Bonuses: Okay, when preorder weapons and upgrades can carry you throughout the whole game, that's not only too easy for people using those bonuses, but insulting to the people who, say, didn't preorder, or can't connect to the internet on their console to claim the rewards. Maybe a different weapon skin or two, or avatar items, but not a Bazillion bonuses.

    4: More interaction with NPCS: I loved how you can constantly interact with Liz outside and in combat, nut if there was a button where you could just, I dunno, ask her how she's holding up or something...I don't want Mass Effect or anything, just a way where support NPCs or maybe just random citizens can communicate with you beyond helping you in combat, throwing you stuff, or giving one line of dialogue before staring off into space like a daydreaming middle schooler (This goes for the random citizens, maybe three lines of dialogue? Not an entire Shakespeare play, just something to make you feel like everyone is a living person.)

    5: Show off your Big Guns more!: I felt like Heavy Hitters in Infinite were less of a challenge and more of an annoyance by the end of the game. But also, you never truly FIGHT Songbird, do you? (Fight, as in, he lands, he is a threat to you outside of a cutscene/scripted sequence, and the possibility of stopping him is, well, possible. Through combat :3) I'm just saying that showing big, dynamic scenes are cool, as long as you balance it all out!

    And lastly, make each encounter feel tense and threatening: In Bioshock 1, whenever you encountered Splicers, it felt like you were fighting for your life against something that cannot be reasoned with. You were looking at something that resembled a human, like you, but it was stronger. And armed. And it would hunt you down either alone or in a pack. Point is, Splicers and Big Daddies were threatening, and you didn't have any allies but your wits (And maybe a hypnotized big daddy!) and while the Columbians were threatening too, you had the same weapons. If anything, YOU were more powerful. You have a Sky-Hook, Gear, Vigors....They just had guns. The Heavy Hitters were the only ones that really seemed like a constant, TENSE threat. And the citizens would've been more intimidating to me if they were stronger, and in fewer numbers. I felt at times like it was just a wave of dudes, then you advance the stage a bit, and another wave of dudes. Rinse, wash, repeat. I dunno, it's just my opinion.

    ^

    Copied from one of my threads :3

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    184
    Great suggestions so far! I agree with just about all of them, but here are a few more:

    1) Controls - I wish the walk speed was slower with the keyboard, or add another keybind for creeping. It was too easy to overrun objects and containers and the herky-jerkyness of it broke immersion when walking and talking with Elizabeth. There should never have been a separate button for melee because what would most likely happen is instead of plowing my Skyhook into some guy's skull, I would crouch down as if to tie my shoe. Also, I would've liked if the mouse movement didn't slow down when using iron sights. That only made aiming worse!

    2) Weapons - I didn't see much purpose behind having the standard 'blue' weapons and their slightly different 'red' counterparts. They weren't necessary and in many cases battles were just as easy using the standard weapons because of the availability of ammo. Additionally, the stock magazine for Crank Gun should be larger, perhaps 150 rounds per magazine would've made it a more viable gun to use. And as I said before, I fully agree with CyborgHippo that the gun upgrades should've been visible as in Bioshock 1 and 2.

    3) Consequences - I would've liked to have seen more ownership of the items lying around Columbia, especially in the beginning. Being able to walk into a store and rummage through a store owner's register while he stood there was a little ridiculous. Granted there are some points where this is true, but there should've been more incidences of it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasick View Post

    And lastly, make each encounter feel tense and threatening: In Bioshock 1, whenever you encountered Splicers, it felt like you were fighting for your life against something that cannot be reasoned with. You were looking at something that resembled a human, like you, but it was stronger. And armed. And it would hunt you down either alone or in a pack. Point is, Splicers and Big Daddies were threatening, and you didn't have any allies but your wits (And maybe a hypnotized big daddy!) and while the Columbians were threatening too, you had the same weapons. If anything, YOU were more powerful. You have a Sky-Hook, Gear, Vigors....They just had guns. The Heavy Hitters were the only ones that really seemed like a constant, TENSE threat. And the citizens would've been more intimidating to me if they were stronger, and in fewer numbers. I felt at times like it was just a wave of dudes, then you advance the stage a bit, and another wave of dudes. Rinse, wash, repeat. I dunno, it's just my opinion.
    I agree with you on this!

    Anyways I had a bunch more ideas but I forgot them x.x

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    - Elizabeth's support. I think this is another strange one people might not mind,but honestly why does Elizabeth just scream at you to pick up an item that I can't find when she can just pick it up herself? Adding onto this,instead of making Elizabeth randomly find a Salt phial,Medical Kit,etc. out of nowhere,they should have her actually throw a medical kit at you that doesn't appear out of no where,like she opens a Medical Kit tear and when she throws one at you,it goes to three,instead of just finding one out of thin-air,I think it would give a bigger challenge,and honestly I RARELY ever found her tossing weapons to me.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHippo View Post
    - Elizabeth's support. I think this is another strange one people might not mind,but honestly why does Elizabeth just scream at you to pick up an item that I can't find when she can just pick it up herself? Adding onto this,instead of making Elizabeth randomly find a Salt phial,Medical Kit,etc. out of nowhere,they should have her actually throw a medical kit at you that doesn't appear out of no where,like she opens a Medical Kit tear and when she throws one at you,it goes to three,instead of just finding one out of thin-air,I think it would give a bigger challenge,and honestly I RARELY ever found her tossing weapons to me.
    I would've liked to have seen her occasionally scrap with enemies who creep up on your position and start attacking you. You know, she could whack them with a pipe or something and call your attention to dispatch them.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    I would've liked to have seen her occasionally scrap with enemies who creep up on your position and start attacking you. You know, she could whack them with a pipe or something and call your attention to dispatch them.
    That would also work really well too! I mean again as I posted above,it's not like the Founders or Vox are just gonna easily avoid her and purposely miss when trying to shoot her or something... I mean I know it's good to not babysit your partner,but really it doesn't seem this was fully thought out in my opinion,just make all the AIs go after Booker and ignore her when they have big reasons to not ignore her.

  21. #21
    My perfect Bioshock Infinite...? Easy; Bioshock with the gameplay of Dishonored and greater emphasis on sky-lines.

    Which can, in my opinion, be done by...

    1. Allowing players to 'charge' to a location(rather than enemy like Charge) through Murder of Crows like Zealots of the Lady, instead of making it a trap.
    2. Allowing players to 'slow time' through Charge, instead of a more powerful tornado blow.
    3. Making 'Return to Sender' more intuitive to use; don't ask me how.

    Also; I miss the splicer intelligence. I don't like the encounters of Bioshock Infinite; they have no imagination behind them. There's no surprising element to them. I suspected at any moment in the beginning for a citizen to threaten me with a shotgun over the smallest of grievances, such as not donating money for a good cause or rummaging through someone's bag. Things which feel gamey(because they are), but have an extreme reaction, even by real life standards.

    Just.. In general. The mobs felt too samey and sane. Make them more interesting and interactive! Then you have me hooked!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacredless View Post
    My perfect Bioshock Infinite...? Easy; Bioshock with the gameplay of Dishonored and greater emphasis on sky-lines.

    Which can, in my opinion, be done by...

    1. Allowing players to 'charge' to a location(rather than enemy like Charge) through Murder of Crows like Zealots of the Lady, instead of making it a trap.
    2. Allowing players to 'slow time' through Charge, instead of a more powerful tornado blow.
    3. Making 'Return to Sender' more intuitive to use; don't ask me how.

    Also; I miss the splicer intelligence. I don't like the encounters of Bioshock Infinite; they have no imagination behind them. There's no surprising element to them. I suspected at any moment in the beginning for a citizen to threaten me with a shotgun over the smallest of grievances, such as not donating money for a good cause or rummaging through someone's bag. Things which feel gamey(because they are), but have an extreme reaction, even by real life standards.

    Just.. In general. The mobs felt too samey and sane. Make them more interesting and interactive! Then you have me hooked!
    Dishonored gameplay? Please no...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by zeyphon View Post
    Dishonored gameplay? Please no...
    I haven't played Dishonored yet (looks cool though) but I'd have to agree with zeyphon. I prefer Irrational stick to their own type of gameplay

  24. #24
    That's not really how game design works. xP There is nothing like 'your own type of gameplay'. To be completely fair, setting traps, using guns and such are not exactly -that- unique to call it Irrational's own. But when I said 'Dishonored's gameplay', I meant it more along the lines of it's qualities than literal carbon copying it. The blink ability in Dishonored was something new and fresh, but more importantly, it felt natural. If something feels natural to a genre, then there is merit in looking at it for your own games.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Well yeah it's not exactly their own,but it's rare you see a game where you hold eight guns at once,shoot people with superpowers,have special ammo,you can create your own ammo,etc.

    Since for Bioshock Infinite,the basic concept is trap,but do you see games where you set up a firing bomb trap,or electric crystal trap,or shooting while on a rollercoaster-like thing,or pounce on enemies from the sky?

    I don't play much FPS,but I don't see much FPS that exactly do that,and I can see what you kind of mean.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    My ideal Bioshock is one in which I am the founder of the game's utopian city. The game would force me to make difficult decisions to realize my vision, only to see it destroyed by the end of the game.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by murdocw View Post
    My ideal Bioshock is one in which I am the founder of the game's utopian city. The game would force me to make difficult decisions to realize my vision, only to see it destroyed by the end of the game.
    That might be cool for a BioShock RPG

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    It could theoretically work as a regular Bioshock game. Like, what if the founder of this game's particular utopian society decided to take a more "hands on" approach to whatever it is that threatens the city. But to do this, the city's founder would have to adopt some sort of alternate persona...

    Also: isn't Bioshock already kind of RPGish? Especially Infinite, in which you play as a character with a well-defined personality; the game even goes to great lengths to make the player understand just what kind of person Booker Dewitt is, thus influencing the player's decisions and playstyle.
    Last edited by murdocw; 04-13-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: clarity

  29. #29
    My ideal Bioschock game is the one shown at E3 in 2011.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Between Serpent Nebula and Artemis Tau
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by OktoberMan View Post
    My ideal Bioschock game is the one shown at E3 in 2011.
    Can't say I disagree. This 2011 demo was paramount.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    The only E3 footage I missed was the Skyline one (I posted in OP) and Elizabeth summoning crates,the scene with the Horse and Mailman (including the Vox),and the part at the store where Elizabeth tries out the Abraham Lincoln mask and than Songbird comes,I think the setting matched more for what Elizabeth was going to say.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    - Button control options. Okay this one is a really tiny problem. Okay I forgot,but I don't think they allow you to have an reverse button control like for the PS3,R1 is shooting but instead making that Vigors and L1 shooting,a unique thing to add is that if you did that Booker would use his right hand to use Vigors and his left hand to use his guns. I think this would be something neat.

    - DLC. First I would love to see some weapon DLC. I posted this in some other threads but Bioshock 1/2 weapon skins,this would bring a nostalgia feel to the game and to make it even better,whenever you upgrade the weapon it actually changes appearance. On an unrelated note,hopefully they add a toggle option for weapon skins. (like gold/Comstock) Or since some people have seen ten hidden trophy achievements,maybe actually adding the weapons into the game scattered around Columbia for you to find,like it actually replaces the Infinite weapons with Bioshock 1/2. (again,toggle option for this though) It would be amazing to be shooting an crossbow on a skyline honestly! Though I don't see this happening so I guess the skin is the most plausible.

    I also want to see some gear related DLC,like one called "Big Daddy" which increases your Shield by 25% and even adding some appearance change to his arm,like a Sigma/Delta symbol on his hand which is visible,or making him wear a glove or hell even making his arm look like a Big Daddy's arm. I think this would be a neat feature to include. The game is really easy for me so I'm not saying to add this gear because the game is hard,but just something I thought be really fun and nice to include.

    Than adding onto my Daisy Fitzroy post,it would be cool to see how the Vox survive without using Vigors,I'd always imagine they just use like some high-tech equipment like Batman to get around (highly doubt it though),maybe adding a new Vigor like they did with Minerva's Den. All the weapons with a Vox symbol or something like in the art book with some red cloth wrapped around the gun,and hell even adding new guns to make up for Daisy not using Vigors,like a weapon similar to the Chemical Thrower. Using some ideas from fans like Vigor-fueled Patriots that have flamethrowers installed in their mouths or electrified bullets and Daisy using their ideas to make a Vigor gun.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    422
    My ideal bioshock.

    1: Great Atmostsphere

    2: Creative Plot Twists

    3: In depth, Fleshed out characters

    4: Creative weapons, Ex: Crossbow, Homemade Grenade Launcher Ala Bioshock 1

    5: Unique enviorment: Ex, Sky, Underwater, Underground, Space etc

    6: Interesting Proantagonist, Ex: Jack, He was silent the whole game but i still felt like i was him (Akward since we aren't the same gender)

    7: Magic,Mana, Anything to give it a jump over COD....

    8: Emotinal depth, As i said in another thread, BI caputred this well, epsiceally when you die in combat, I'll admit i teard up like a little *Cough* When she was trying to revive me.

    9: Exploration: Ex, Bioshock series always left big open enviorment to exlpore, Ie, Finkton

    10: Unique form of transportation, Ex: Bioshock 1 and 2 had bathyspheres, Infinite had interactive transport called skylines

    Here is my drawing of what i hope the next Bioshock will look like

    An Underground City Named: Olympus

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dichotmus Splicer View Post
    My ideal bioshock.

    1: Great Atmostsphere

    2: Creative Plot Twists

    3: In depth, Fleshed out characters

    4: Creative weapons, Ex: Crossbow, Homemade Grenade Launcher Ala Bioshock 1

    5: Unique enviorment: Ex, Sky, Underwater, Underground, Space etc

    6: Interesting Proantagonist, Ex: Jack, He was silent the whole game but i still felt like i was him (Akward since we aren't the same gender)

    7: Magic,Mana, Anything to give it a jump over COD....

    8: Emotinal depth, As i said in another thread, BI caputred this well, epsiceally when you die in combat, I'll admit i teard up like a little *Cough* When she was trying to revive me.

    9: Exploration: Ex, Bioshock series always left big open enviorment to exlpore, Ie, Finkton

    10: Unique form of transportation, Ex: Bioshock 1 and 2 had bathyspheres, Infinite had interactive transport called skylines

    Here is my drawing of what i hope the next Bioshock will look like

    An Underground City Named: Olympus
    Oh god that drawing is amazing! And good to know someone else wants an underground city! Though Olympus? I would imagine they'd name a Sky city that haha. I'd like the name involving the word "Utopia",would remind me of the Adventure Time episode when... Umm oops,derailed the topic.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuyumac9 View Post
    I'll be surprised if we see anything in the first month.
    Uhh ohh guys, Another spammer

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHippo View Post
    Oh god that drawing is amazing! And good to know someone else wants an underground city! Though Olympus? I would imagine they'd name a Sky city that haha. I'd like the name involving the word "Utopia",would remind me of the Adventure Time episode when... Umm oops,derailed the topic.
    Thanks, I've been working on it eversince Bioshock infinite was completed.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dichotmus Splicer View Post
    My ideal bioshock.

    1: Great Atmostsphere

    2: Creative Plot Twists

    3: In depth, Fleshed out characters

    4: Creative weapons, Ex: Crossbow, Homemade Grenade Launcher Ala Bioshock 1

    5: Unique enviorment: Ex, Sky, Underwater, Underground, Space etc

    6: Interesting Proantagonist, Ex: Jack, He was silent the whole game but i still felt like i was him (Akward since we aren't the same gender)

    7: Magic,Mana, Anything to give it a jump over COD....

    8: Emotinal depth, As i said in another thread, BI caputred this well, epsiceally when you die in combat, I'll admit i teard up like a little *Cough* When she was trying to revive me.

    9: Exploration: Ex, Bioshock series always left big open enviorment to exlpore, Ie, Finkton

    10: Unique form of transportation, Ex: Bioshock 1 and 2 had bathyspheres, Infinite had interactive transport called skylines

    Here is my drawing of what i hope the next Bioshock will look like

    An Underground City Named: Olympus
    I agree with you on everything! Except underground. The lighthouses and stars really gave us alot of meaning. I would like perhaps next Bioshock will be on another dimension or planar with fantasy creatures. More like avatar rather than alien

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wherever my imagination takes me.
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Dichotmus Splicer View Post
    My ideal bioshock.

    1: Great Atmostsphere

    2: Creative Plot Twists

    3: In depth, Fleshed out characters

    4: Creative weapons, Ex: Crossbow, Homemade Grenade Launcher Ala Bioshock 1

    5: Unique enviorment: Ex, Sky, Underwater, Underground, Space etc

    6: Interesting Proantagonist, Ex: Jack, He was silent the whole game but i still felt like i was him (Akward since we aren't the same gender)

    7: Magic,Mana, Anything to give it a jump over COD....

    8: Emotinal depth, As i said in another thread, BI caputred this well, epsiceally when you die in combat, I'll admit i teard up like a little *Cough* When she was trying to revive me.

    9: Exploration: Ex, Bioshock series always left big open enviorment to exlpore, Ie, Finkton

    10: Unique form of transportation, Ex: Bioshock 1 and 2 had bathyspheres, Infinite had interactive transport called skylines

    Here is my drawing of what i hope the next Bioshock will look like

    An Underground City Named: Olympus
    I swear i've seen that somewhere before. You really drew that?

    And btw, It looks like it fell pretty hard guis xD. /end movie reference

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasick View Post
    I swear i've seen that somewhere before. You really drew that?

    And btw, It looks like it fell pretty hard guis xD. /end movie reference
    Yes, And i doubt you have as this is the only place i released it besides facebook, Unless your trolling

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camping in Arcadia (Atlanta)
    Posts
    623
    Kinda reminds me of a Fallout setting than a Bioshock one but either way great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •