Thread: About Voxophone Systems

About Voxophone Systems

In BioShock Infinite, there are no subtitles for Voxophones. So sometimes I couldn't catch it and Voxophone dialogues are cut off by characters' dialogues.
    Plus, overally, BioShock Infinite's storyline is a little difficult to understand and Voxophone systems make it harder to understand it because most important background story is mentioned only in Voxophones.
    I think it needs to reconsider the way that tells background story through voice recordings in next BioShock series.
    How about just deleting Voxophone systems?
    Last edited by LingTone; 06-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.

You can read the transcripts of all the voxophones you collect in the in-game menu, it also lists the date they were recorded and other extra information.

I don't they should get rid of them, they're a great way of telling backstory or previous events when done well. I agree though, it was silly how easily the voices collided with other voice events in the game, Booker simply has to say 'Huh' and suddenly you miss an important word and have to listen to it all again.

This ☺☺☺☺ing thread. "guize bioshock's story is too hard to understaaaaand, the next bioshock game should just not hav a story"

5. You know what the alternative to Voxophones are right? Cutscenes. You don't want cut scenes all the time.
    They really should have done subtitles for the Voxophones though.

Quote Originally Posted by strawhatmoose View Post
    You know what the alternative to Voxophones are right? Cutscenes. You don't want cut scenes all the time.
    They really should have done subtitles for the Voxophones though.
    Well considering that you have the entire transcript for the Voxophones, I don't think subtitles are necessary, lest it conflicts with the in game character dialogue. As for cutscenes? No thanks. It has come to a point when cutscenes are no longer necessary in most cases; the only thing they're good for is breaking immersion & cutting development time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post
    Well considering that you have the entire transcript for the Voxophones, I don't think subtitles are necessary, lest it conflicts with the in game character dialogue. As for cutscenes? No thanks. It has come to a point when cutscenes are no longer necessary in most cases; the only thing they're good for is breaking immersion & cutting development time.
    First point, maybe you're right. But it worked in Bioshock 1 so why not in Infinite?
    Second point, read what I said about cut scenes- I didn't say we needed them anywhere, I hate them just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post
    lest it conflicts with the in game character dialogue.
    That's the answer right there. There were too many instances where this was occurring, which is why the subtitles for them are in the sub-menu and not played automatically.

9. Quote Originally Posted by IG.J View Post
    That's the answer right there. There were too many instances where this was occurring, which is why the subtitles for them are in the sub-menu and not played automatically.
    So, IG_J... Got any news for us. *cough*DLC*cough*Preston*cough*Lutece Twins*cough*

This is more of a personal problem, but situations at home force me to play on a small tv. So small I can't read the transcript >_< It feels pretty weird playing with surround sound and everything on a 10 year old tv haha

So, IG_J... Got any news for us.
    Nope!

In due time.

12. Quote Originally Posted by IG.J View Post
    Nope!

In due time.

You know what the alternative to Voxophones are right? Cutscenes. You don't want cut scenes all the time.
    Yes, I hate forcible cutscenes, either. I just want something different system that can tell the background stories more directly.