Thread: How Long is Bioshock?

How Long is Bioshock?

Does anybody know how long the game will take to complete at a standard speed i.e. not rushing through it?

20 hours straight as an arrow if you ignore all the stuff around, that's all we know.

As long as you want it to be.

I'm gonna take ages, exploring all the different ways and replaying areas with different plasmids.

The main plot is 20 hours straight without any exploring. Possibly the longest FPS single player experience in the history of gaming

I doubt it's the longest, but if you really take the time and play it out like you're supposed to, and explore every inch of Rapture, it will probably take 30-35 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCompletely View Post
    I doubt it's the longest, but if you really take the time and play it out like you're supposed to, and explore every inch of Rapture, it will probably take 30-35 hours.
    Gather every Plasmid/Tonic, kill every Big Daddy and find every Little Sister with a little bit of sightseeing on the side? Easily 40 hours

Not to mention saving and repeating sections in different ways mind you

about 7 3/4"

Quote Originally Posted by FreshLaundryX View Post
    about 7 3/4"
    ...........?

give it only 6 levels ?

No.1 Kashmir Restaurant
    No.2 Medical Pavilion
    No.3 Neptune´s Equnty
    No.4 Fort Frolic
    No.5 Comming soon
    No.6 Comming soon

-Para

According to OXM its possible to speed run the game in a little over 8hrs!

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    According to OXM its possible to speed run the game in a little over 8hrs!
    OXM is wrong a LOT for one, but also people speed run games like Fallout 2 in 20 minutes but you can also take 50 hours, I suspect that you could certainly power your way through the game if you know everything to do but why would you? Plus how on earth would OXM know?

but they said if you never did anything like take the time do get plasmids, make ammo, customize guns, etc. they prolly didnt go after any of the big daddies but like one.

what is OXM ??

-Para

Quote Originally Posted by THEBiGDADDY View Post
    but they said if you never did anything like take the time do get plasmids, make ammo, customize guns, etc. they prolly didnt go after any of the big daddies but like one.
    Once again they haven't even played the whole game so how would they know?

Quote Originally Posted by paraphonatic View Post
    what is OXM ??
    official xbox magazine

Th-X

8h ? ohh no

-Para

Th-X

8h ? ohh no

-Para
    It's getting very hard to understand what the hell your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyAce View Post
    Once again they haven't even played the whole game so how would they know?
    OXM? they did a review, and they had pictures from the playthrough from said review, they said that they were dissapointed in the ending, how would they have seen the ending if they didnt play through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bubs View Post
    OXM? they did a review, and they had pictures from the playthrough from said review, they said that they were dissapointed in the ending, how would they have seen the ending if they didnt play through it?
    I have no idea but do not pay too much attention to what OXM says because they're pretty jaded, they're sponsored by Microsoft they disagree with the public about games more often then not and they have been wrong with they're facts about Bioshock almost 1/2 the time.

thx

8h ? oh no

-Para

thx

8h ? oh no

-Para
    again, what?

I have no idea but do not pay too much attention to what OXM says because they're pretty jaded, they're sponsored by Microsoft they disagree with the public about games more often then not and they have been wrong with they're facts about Bioshock almost 1/2 the time.
    what does their credibility have to do with it? I dont get OXM, or any other gaming publication, I dont trust any of them enough to pay for them. the point is that they had to have played through the game to see the ending and then get disappoined by it, not that they are credible.

They didn't necessarily have to play through it, they go to a lot of events and play a lot of demos, they could have played a bunch of segments and been at a press conference or unveiling of some sort where they could have seen the end.

They didn't necessarily have to play through it, they go to a lot of events and play a lot of demos, they could have played a bunch of segments and been at a press conference or unveiling of some sort where they could have seen the end.
    why would they show the end of a game at a press conference? also, why does everyone think an 8 hour speedrun means the game is short, a lot of FPS are 8 hours on a normal run.

OXM? they did a review, and they had pictures from the playthrough from said review, they said that they were disappointed in the ending, how would they have seen the ending if they didnt play through it?
    IF the endings arnt that good, i dont care, hell ill make up my own damm ending if i have to, i have a good imagination and ive done it with other games b4 so i can do it with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by lurchibald View Post
    IF the endings arnt that good, i dont care, hell ill make up my own damm ending if i have to, i have a good imagination and ive done it with other games b4 so i can do it with this one!
    well, they probably only saw one of the two

Ken Levine posted that knowing where everything was he played the game in 10 hours, and estimated 12-20 hours for new players

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...0321#post10321

Pretty sure thats longer than any FPS released in a long time.

well, they probably only saw one of the two
    im sure Irrational have made ending/s that "Make you think" and the word "think" probably isnt known by OXM

Thanks for your replys everyone, when a game doesn't have online then I get a bit worried I wont get my moneys worth, but Bioshock sounds like a long game. SOUNDS GOOD, CAN'T WAIT

MrCompletely said, "I doubt it's the longest, but if you really take the time and play it out like you're supposed to, and explore every inch of Rapture, it will probably take 30-35 hours."

I found an article that goes pretty indepth about the length of the game...

here is the link
    http://www.cafepress.com/tshirtoftheweek.25941401

Sorry if it loads slow, article curtesy of Cafe Press.

If a speed run is 8 hours then great that is still longer then most fps games kuch like gears of war kuch.

Quote Originally Posted by 501105 View Post
    If a speed run is 8 hours then great that is still longer then most fps games kuch like gears of war kuch.
    Well that's playing the game as if it's only a normal FPS. If you were play it taking advantage of the game, it will take much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by poopypooperson View Post
    Well that's playing the game as if it's only a normal FPS. If you were play it taking advantage of the game, it will take much longer.
    an 8 hour speed run is pretty dang long, just FYI when games like Half Life 2 are a bit longer and to speed run it's still about 3 hours (ignoring the flying glitches and cheats).

this forum has a search button...

*closed*