Thread: The ONLY bad things about Clash in the Clouds.....

Lightbulb The ONLY bad things about Clash in the Clouds.....

....is the fact that was already addressed heavily before, that you have to replay all the challenges to get to a challenge you failed to get a ribbon before. Sure, they were trying to go with difficulty, and I guess its meant that the Blue Ribbon's are meant to be collected after you have played for a while, but it makes getting ribbons VERY frustrating. I have no issue with the challenges themselves, as it does seem quite impossible at your first go, meaning you must get more upgrades and return later.... However, I would have no problem returning later if I could SELECT that challenge! At least it should be made you can select challenges after you beat that one arena. Also, is there a way to see what ribbons you got for what challenges? Also, I do think it is odd that there is no way to save your progress between rounds. It would make it easier to go through, simply leaving and coming back later doesn't take away from challenge. They could have made it that you could visit no other arena aside from the one you just came out of, if you choose to save your progress in that area.

Negatives about Clash In The Clouds...

- The patriot that talks to you whenever you die is SO annoying after you die 100 times
    - The waves in the fourth level are unbelievably hard, I mean I like a challenge, but they are so hard they just completely stress me out and it turns to not be fun whatsoever.
    - You can't save between waves, you have to start from the beginning of a certain level if you end a session.

A few more things:
    -it is more of a test of one's willpower/patience to grind through the arenas rather than a test of one's skill at the game (instead of an arena, why not have courses to go through such as "How many people can you shoot off skylines?" etc.)
    -Elizabeth offers almost no help whatsoever unlike the base game, possibly due to the more (unnecessarily) frantic combat
    -ridiculous scenarios that no one is prepared for since such scenarios aren't in the base game, leading to escalated difficulty (never recalled fighting 2 handymen and a patriot before)

Quote Originally Posted by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick View Post

- The patriot that talks to you whenever you die is SO annoying after you die 100 times.
    I completely agree. He gets so annoying after you die 3486548956748957945 times (especially on Emporia)
    I died around 6 times trying to kill the damn siren on wave 15.

My only negative point is that the maps are too small, I was really hoping that this was there chance to make some big open areas, with some clever use of multiple skylines kinda like we saw in the early demos.

I can handle most of those opinions, the only thing I dislike, I mean it really upsets me, Is the lack of Dialogue. This DLC is completely seperate from the story line. Proven by the pre-order Shooty/Sniper skins are not applied, the Golden MG/Pistol are not applied, and I don't think Booker has the wrap on his hand, nor Liz with the Bird/Cage.

I would be so much more pleased if they would have included these, it would make it more connected.

My main point is it feels to disconnected. Having picked up BLD 2 after I beat all Infinite 100%, this feels to much like a Circle of Slaughter. I feel like just taking advantage of Liz with her gifts, and totally dislike the lack of explanation.
    I simple conversation between the two of them in the Archeology museum or upon first arrival would be fantastic. Or between waves have them say something. They just feel to cut apart compared to the main game, after we had grown accustom to their connection.
    Just something simple, a few sentences would make it so much better....

Anyone else thing this way, or am I just to picky....

The saving is my biggest gripe. Even if you couldn't save after every single wave, maybe after...6 or 7 when you're at the "half way" point? I haven't gotten past the first board yet. I'm kind of using the first board/rounds to go back and try to upgrade as much as possible before moving forward. It's fun so far, but based on what I'm reading above I'm a bit worried about what I face ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMonkXV View Post
    I can handle most of those opinions, the only thing I dislike, I mean it really upsets me, Is the lack of Dialogue. This DLC is completely seperate from the story line. Proven by the pre-order Shooty/Sniper skins are not applied, the Golden MG/Pistol are not applied, and I don't think Booker has the wrap on his hand, nor Liz with the Bird/Cage.

I would be so much more pleased if they would have included these, it would make it more connected.

My main point is it feels to disconnected. Having picked up BLD 2 after I beat all Infinite 100%, this feels to much like a Circle of Slaughter. I feel like just taking advantage of Liz with her gifts, and totally dislike the lack of explanation.
    I simple conversation between the two of them in the Archeology museum or upon first arrival would be fantastic. Or between waves have them say something. They just feel to cut apart compared to the main game, after we had grown accustom to their connection.
    Just something simple, a few sentences would make it so much better....

Anyone else thing this way, or am I just to picky....
    Yep, at times I'd forget Elizabeth is even there because, well aside from an occasional resupply she doesn't do much of anything. Though I suppose this is supposed to be a for funsies non-canonical kind of thing aside from the handful of voxophones, so it kind of makes sense in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by thefallenlords View Post
    Yep, at times I'd forget Elizabeth is even there because, well aside from an occasional resupply she doesn't do much of anything. Though I suppose this is supposed to be a for funsies non-canonical kind of thing aside from the handful of voxophones, so it kind of makes sense in that regard.
    I would much rather that they stuck to the mechanic where she revives you. They could offset the a player's reliance on it by making it much more expensive, or just have the price to be automatically adjust to the amount of money you have.

wish they extended the main game intsead

11. Just beat all the waves in all arenas. The easter egg that occurs when you go back to the Gallery area is really cool, However it would be MUCH more cool if Burial at Sea wasn't announced, as it is a Splicer emerging from a water puddle. Also, it would have been more cool if there was some tie-in to the campaign of Infinite, as when the splicer hits you, the screen goes black and the logo appears. What is the point of this? Would have been nice to have Booker wonder what the hell is going on, and act as if Clash in the Clouds was made as if it was always part of the story.
    Don't get me wrong though, its a fun DLC, but there are also numerous bugs that also hinder your neverending quest for the Blue Ribbons.

^ Don't give it away, man. There's plenty of people who would rather experience this for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post
    ^ Don't give it away, man. There's plenty of people who would rather experience this for themselves.
    There's a spoiler covering on his post, so just don't click on the black rectangles??

14. I mean, it is quite obvious something would happen when you complete everything, this IS Bioshock after all

I'm honestly a bit surprised that in a thread specifically directed at what's wrong with the CitC, no one has yet mentioned the totally borked lighting. I noticed it literally the instant the first scene loaded up, but couldn't actually nail down the issue until after the first wave, where you end up in the area that is not entirely dissimilar to a War Barn.

It's the same technique they use in the base game for looking into light sources, only in the CitC, it seems someone diddled with the settings of the effect, causing not so much a refraction, as a ghost image of said light source and its immediate surroundings spreading off into infinity. It's hard to catch a screen shot of it, but it happens to anything luminous, even skyline jump markers.

It's kinda like that effect you see in old 80's productions where part of the image receeds into itself infinitely. Between that messing with my eyes and immersion in CitC, and the fact that patch 6 (the one preparing for the DLC's release) borkened access to season pass content in game, I can't really play BI at all until is fixen.

Looking forward to playing it again soon, hoping those of us affected by these bugs (Oh, and the options settings one (also patch 6, yay, go go power 6 ers!), but that's a minor gripe) won't have to wait too long for a fix.

Also, on the off chance that you have no idea what I am referring to, go to the War Barn, stand in front of the big center vendor that dispenses gear and such, then look left and right. It should become immediately apparent. If it does not, please return to these forums and share with me your voodoo magic (in game settings), as nothing I've tried fixes it. Note: It's not present in the main game, just CitC.

Edit: Poking around the forums has revealed that some people have been able to exhort the ghosts to travel on, on to their final resting place by changing lighting options. Alas, no change I've made seems to touch their shimmery, haunting, dead eyes. Even dropped the damn thing to minimum settings all over and I'm still slimed.
    Last edited by RStriker69; 08-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Just finished all the waves.
    Even if I did not have the season pass, I wouldn't have regretted the $5 purchase for CITC. It was a fun addition and forced me to be flexible with my weapon and vigor choices. Throughout the main campaign, I really only used the carbine/hand cannon/shotgun and a few vigors. I was encouraged to experiment with different weapons and vigors here and found that I enjoyed the combat quite a bit. Frustratingly difficult in places, Clash isn't without its problems, but I did not ever find it a grind as some have described it.

The museum was pretty neat...I enjoyed going into the Lutece house and listening to the recordings as they set up Burial at Sea nicely. Kinda wish there was something other than character models though as those don't interest me much. I'd rather have bits of commentary in their place but there's always something to complain about.

I actually like that they have Heavy Hitter set ups that they didn't have before, like the 2 Handymen and the Patriot. To me, that is the greatest purpose of this DLC.

I also like that you have early access to all weapons, including the Vox weapons. And that you can max out Booker. I liked that you kinda couldn't, in the campaign... and I like that you can in this extra, for the sake of variety. All very clever

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvers View Post
    My only negative point is that the maps are too small, I was really hoping that this was there chance to make some big open areas, with some clever use of multiple skylines kinda like we saw in the early demos.
    I know. Same here. But I guess they aimed to high with those trailers. Consoles bottle necked it.

oh dear damian you just got XCOMED,bureau style. if those were hints for ops zeal i already have 9 of 15 ribbons. Otherwise buy the twin statues and go through something to somwhere for some juicy history on this, that, and the other, yet I seem to be veering off topic. The bee in my big daddy suit isnt as much the fact that one can only save at the legder leading to the museum and having to remember to do so often before going into battle or the fact that it cant cant autosave at each wave, or give the ability to go back to previously conquered waves to go for the ribbon, thus skipping waves where the ribbon was already won ( does anyone get the idea of my rambling) as much as it is constanly getting pounded into oblivion by those blasted handymen in Ops. The challenges at D&D theater has me really hot under the collar. Well,back to it
    as The Father of the Key says "Practice makes perfect".
    Last edited by d.dewy dewit; 08-02-2013 at 02:25 PM.

hate that they don't give you the option to restart from the start of that wave and retry the wave. very stupid that if you choose to forfeit ranking you get automatic fail on ribbon your working on.

Also they should of allowed you to change difficulty and just had separate leaderboards for each difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by XDamienDaKillaX View Post
    I mean, it is quite obvious something would happen when you complete everything, this IS Bioshock after all
    Don't Look
    there another one other than the Lutece key? 262 hertz