How has Bioshock changed your life?/You are a real Bioshock fan, if...
Tell me how Bioshock has changed your life so far!
Or post your top 5 symptomes on which you can recognize a true Bioshock fan.
Spoken for myself, Bioshock really changed me. Maybe it's just a moment, but right now it thrills me. I listen to music, which fits to the Rapture timeline (Max Raabe) and I got really interested in Art Deco and Jugenstil. I am interested in art generally, but Art Deco is my new fav style .
making a thread like this
joining these forums
searching the entire web for any thing BioShock related
planning on getting your first summer job this year just so you can buy a 360 and bioshock
being able to think these up
I am actually planning on getting a summer job this year to get a(an?) Xbox 360. Its going to be worth it to!
i am now highly interested in art deco and futurism... and i became a mod
This forum has become my new haunt, plus I'm even considering buying a 360, just to play BioShock.
Last edited by Hatesink; 04-11-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Well, since I've become obsessed with BioShock I've:
-Started regularly searching this board
-Check IGN/BioShockgame.com, and Cultofrapture frequently for any hope of an update.
-Post in threads like this
-Became more interested in science of DNA and general underwater architecture
-Built an underwater city
-Discovered a stem cell in a sea slug
-Started genetic manipulation
-Created a war among the greatest minds in the world
-Yo quiero Taco Bell?
I learned to listen with my heart, I can divide by zero, I got my Ham radio license, and I understand Sanskrit. Didn't you play the game?
I've gotten more frustrated by playing games while killing time that in no way quench my thirst for BioShock. Maybe Mass Effect will, but thats still a month or two away.
These forums have entered into the list of sites I visit everyday, that list in totality now is as follows; Gamespot, Facebook and TrueStudents (another forum, rather eclectic group like this one, but there is no "moderation" there, it's a self policing society of evolved individuals).
As it stands now I check this forum more than my e-mail. I play a text-based online massive multiplayer game entitled Clandestine, since becoming an utter Bioshock addict, I've ceased my "playing" of that game and instead I now pester everyone there with bioshock updates, videos, quotes and one-sided conversation.
I quit my job because I can't stand not working with electronics/video games anymore, I'm currently waiting for a call from EB games as they're "summer" hiring begins in about 2 weeks.
I drift off to sleep every night (night is a bit of a catch 22, no work = insomnia for me) with thoughts of rapture dancing through my head... I guess I don't have to wonder why I'm such a twisted individual anymore.
I'm strongly considering getting a big-daddy tattoo.
Bioshock and this forum basically own my life at the moment!-anything else just pales into insignificance...
Well for BioShock...
I bought a 360 for it.
I reserved the game.
I bought an HDTV so I could absorb all the beauty of BioShock in a clear crisp picture
Oh yeah I became a mod for these boards.
Now for something completely different.
Bioshock hasnít changed me at all. its just a game ive been looking forward to since SS2 ended. Err I suppose I look at this forum to see if there are any new pictures or videos? :s
Nothing Really I just got a free Cult of Rapture Theme for the 360, and I also found this Forum even though it was by Accident but I joined and started posting.
So far, BS made me use the web forums. Over at the TR forums, the TRA is being discussed with lots of + and lots of -. And now with my 30th post I just became a Member here.
Bioshock really cinda changed me, possaably it's just a moment, but right now it awesome to me.
1.I have been every day searching the web for new bioshock info
2.Ihave joined the mailing list
3.Looking at these forums
4.I have an absent note for aug21
5.Im pissed off that it is a long way away
It gave me something to do when I'm bored, which is fairly often concidering my illness. Thank you Bio Shock!
I check the Cult site every day for more info.
Even though I don't currently own an Xbox 360 nor have a pc that culd possibly handle these graphics, this game has gotten me enthralled.
It gives me a reason to wake up in the morning, and sometimes I wonder if the game was real, would I be smart enough to live in Rapture?
"You are a real Bioshock fan, if..."...you've learned so much about it four months before it's release that your no longer sure anymore if it's your kind of game.
As many others I'm looking for new pieces of information far too often.
I'm writing many news articles about the game on one of the biggest Hungarian gaming magazine's homepage, I feel like it's my mission to keep those guys updated who aren't as fanatic as we are. And they seem to like it.
I dig through the forums (this one and the TTLG) reading all the devs' comments hoping to find some exclusive new info. And of course checking out all the memebers' posts about foreing magazine's previews.
Last edited by SPDeath; 06-08-2007 at 05:39 AM.
It has changed my life in that
- I now check this site obsessively
I hang for the moment the LE will be announced for PALterritories and have prepared a celebratory dance for when it is
I have created the first GameSpot BioShock Union
I have converted my desktop into a shrine to BioShock
I fantasice about possible gameplay scenarios when im suppossed to be doing trigonmetry
yep ive become an addict all right.
top 5 symptoms for me are
* buying an HDTV just for my xbox360
* impationatley going down to my local GAME shop and asking if they are taking pre-orders for bioshock
*downloading all the content on the Marketplace for the game
*watching the trailers and movies for the game that has been realesed so far
*and saving for the game it self
BIOSHOCK HAS HAD A DEFINATE EFFECT ON MY LIFE AS I HAVE COVERED EVERY INCH OF MY ROOM WITH POSTERS AND DRAWINGS OF RAPTURE AND BIOSHOCK CONCEPTS. I HAVE ALSO CUT PERSONAL DRAWINGS OF RAPTURE, BIG DADDIES AND SPLICERS INTO MY SKIN AND DOTTED INK INTO THE WOUNDS SO IT HEALS AS A TATOO. I HAVE MADE A BIG DADDY SUIT OUT OF VARIOUS BITS OF CARBOARD AND PAINTED IT, MY CRAPPY SCHOOL WON'T LET ME WEAR IT THERE SO I WEAR IT AFTER SCHOOL IN PUBLIC AS SOON AS SCHOOL FINISHES. I ALSO BURN AND ELECTRICUTE MYSELF IN HOPE THAT ONE DAY MY GENETIC STRUCTURE WILL CHANGE AND I WILL BE ABLE TO USE THEM AS POWERS. FINALY I OFFEN USE A SYRINGE TO TAKE OUT SOME OF MY BLOOD AND I DRINK IT SO THAT IF THERE IS A CIVAL WAR I WILL BE PREPARED TO SUCK OUT THE ADAM OF OTHER PEOPLE TO SURVIVE.
Lol, no seriously Bioshock is the first game that i have actually signed up to a forum for. So i guess it's the first game to hit my interest so hard.
BioShock has absorbed every speck of interest I have for anything ever. I've become completely and utterly obsessed and have stopped to read every article, and interview, and have seen every second of every video related to it.
It's kinda consuming me. The anticipation is killing me more than you can imagine.
I am wholeheartedly contemplating getting a tattoo because Bx truly will be MY game. Every since I started reading about it, I knew no other game could ever come anywhere near pleasing my sense of adventure, action, and aesthetics; it's the perfect game for my interests.
So I've been spending countless hours on this Cult of Rapture forum (i had never really been on a forum before, and nowhere near for this long), and made what I think to be some good friends who are also obsessed!
The concept of BioShock/Rapture is extremely consuming, I have a weak/addictive personality and become obsessed with stuff like this all too easy...but I love every second of it!
you bought a 360 just to play it (check)
you spend every day in your webdesign class scouring the internet for anything bioshock related, to the point where you are ruining it for yourself. (double check)
1) Everytime I hear the word "BioShock" or even anything related to under water or anything retro, I get chills down my spine.
2) I check back on major gaming websites everyday just to see if there's any new news about BioShock, and I siff through the internet, finding anything BioShock related.
3) Out of all the games coming out that I talk to my friends about, BioShock is #1
4) I downloaded the gamerpics from Xbox Live as soon as they came out and surrounded my entire Xbox life with this game.
5) I keep a Big Daddy locked up in my basement. Don't worry, I feed it and spend time with it everyday. And at night, I read to it.
Soon after discovering Bioshock:
1) I bought a brand new PC (Pretty much just so I can run it at maxed settings; My old PC would have ran bioshock fine, and there was nothing wrong with it)
2) Ordered the Limited Edition as soon as I heard it existed.
3) Have watched and read every scrap of information posted about this game.
4) Check these forums regularly.
5) Started looking into Art Deco, and exploring its beauty in real life.
6) Listened to 1940's music, just to get a feel.
7) Reinstalled System Shock 2.
And so on...
I can't claim I've bought a 360 for this game, but I do check these forums obsessively. (But what I think is more bizarre than that, is that almost every time I check there's something new to look at! It's weird and loveable...) I also scour the internet for spoilers even though I know they're bad for me, and Steampunk just got a heck of a lot more interesting in my mind.
Oh, and thanks to a remixed vid that someone here made, I've discovered that "Beyond the Sea" is one of my favourite songs.
I draw Bioshock things in school (badly, I can't draw) and always think about Rapture. =D
I haven't really done all that much for bioshock aside from downloading all the vids from gametrailers.com. It looks like a good game but it hasn't changed my life.
- Pre-ordered the Limited Edition of the game
- Signed up on 2K's forum
- Have practically seen every video that has been released for the game through Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers and of course the Cult of Rapture
- Highly anticipating the game to the point where there isn't another game that comes close to my thoughts or interests (well maybe Mass Effect, but hey, Mass Effect is looking to be shaping up really nicely too)
- Constantly check websites trying to discover any new info on Bioshock
- Getting most of my friends hyped up for the game so that they too can experience the greatness once it is released
- And this may not be too big of a symbol showing that I'm a big fan of Bioshock, but I remember when I first heard of the game in development and seeing the first rendered screenshots on Gamespot. I was totally excited and was soo eager for new info and screens.
Weeeelll, how about this:
Can't think about anything but Bioshock,
Actually saving money to buy upgrades for my PC and of course the game,
became a member of this beastie cult!
Originally Posted by Sandstorm
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Zac
Ya i was gonna say, that effected you're love life any?
But serously, this is my love life!
well im just really looking forward to the game. i dont think ive ever had a game change my life, but gaming is really fun and bioshock is definitely something that i look forward to. yay bioshock
plus ive started some viral marketing for 2K i will get a piece of paper and write bioshock on it along with the CoR address and bioshock game site and then drop them around the school so people have to pick them up and read them.
- check site minimum every hour
- when PC is on, forum page is on
- see BS trailers and movies EVERY night
- bother Gamestop clerks every week
- dream to ignite people bothering me
- actually drawing BD everywhere
- feel like we're all living in a huge Rapture (kind of worldlife philosopy)
- praying for they say "we'll release it on 1st, July"
- less cigarettes, more Bioshock
Interesting... I might do that too lol. The better BioShock does in terms of sales the sooner we have a sequel
Originally Posted by LordLeckie
My life didn't really changed, except that...
-I got a lot of Bioshock posters in my room
-my art projects in school featured big guys in diving suits
-I watch the Bioshock X06 Trailer every day
-I feel attracted to 8 year old girls (espacially if they stab dead bodies with a syringe )
I never got that job btw
Originally Posted by BioShockWins