Thread: Mafia II weapons/inventory

Mafia II weapons/inventory

I dont know if this has been answered already (I would assume not) but I was wondering if in the game you'll be able to carry as many weapons as you want (like in GTA) or if you can only carry a few weapons, like maybe a knife, a pistol and a larger gun. Im kind of hoping the latter so handguns will actually be used more, unlike in GTA when you can just run around with an AK and RPG all of the time. I havnt played the first Mafia by the way, but I guess Mafia II will end up like the first one. Any thoughts on this? How was it in the first Mafia?

typically speaking in First one u could carry a moderate amount of guns

like a couple pistols/tommy gun/shotgun (but if i recall u cant hide 2 big guns inside your jacket... so one of the two would be visible) ... basically it's something along those lines and i dont really expect Mafia 2 to be any different.
    Last edited by ThaCrip; 01-18-2009 at 04:41 PM.

O.K. thats good, I just didnt want it to be where you could carry around all of your guns which you would just magically pull off your back.

The first one was pretty good. You could carry a good amount of weapons. The weapons were specific to each mission though, like if you picked up a shotgun in a previous mission you wouldnt have it in the next one unless you found one again. They depended on what your mission was, if it was a mission not to kill but just damage you would be given a baseball bat etc. You can carry a good amount anyway (not sure exactly how many i've never counted). If you need to hide a weapon and you had too many weapons you would have to drop a weapon, having 2 big guns at a time you could only hide one of them and drop the other

I hope they keep it the same. Too many or weapons carrying over could make it too easy. This way with limited amounts of ammo meant you had to be more careful instead of just running in shooting